June 16, 2014

Writing Prompt: I Am an Expert at . . .

Posted by at 1:37 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow PenWhat’s your expertise?

Maybe you are a computer coding genius. Maybe you paint the best fingernail designs in your school. Maybe you make better cupcakes than Martha Stewart, can play Minecraft in your sleep, write poetry like nobody’s business . . . or have a talent no one would have ever expected. Or maybe you do something pretty ordinary … with a totally extraordinary twist!

For today’s Writing Prompt, we’ve gotta know:What are you an expert at?

Let’s see how many cool, crazy, funny, interesting answers we get. Leave your “expertise” in the Comments below!

— Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Chickenangel26

I am good at studying. Sometimes I study for hours trying to understand what learned in the day. I am also good at reading. Reading is one of my favorite things to do after I have studied and finished my home work. I also entered the Sumer Reading Challenge and good luck to the people have also entered.

1. guitarrolling9

Well, I’m really good at math and reading. My math level is like four years ahead of my grade level and I read an 800 page book in three days. But I think I read it like three hours each day so I guess it was nine hours. I’ve also memorized all of the Harry Potter spells mentioned in the series.

2. plainswhite13

I can draw so well its hard to not smile at my masterpieces. I can also write randomness that turns into an amazing and hilarious poem or story ( with, of course, many puns ( : ) .

3. chasingcobra485

Well, I’m pretty good at tennis, school, reading (of course), writing, and tons of other stuff.

4. bulldogangel92

i am a master at being happy I can annoy people though.Ican make people happy.Sorda like a clown.I talk a lot too.So I am also a master of talking.Well those are my talents.Hope you post this.Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(: (: (:

5. Kirra

I am a expert at writing.I am at the top grade at writing.I love it it is so fun that im smiling right now

1. Anonymous

im an expert at writing too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I love to make up stories and write fantasy, everyone says im creative.

6. Teagan

I am good at writing books, drawing, working at the computer, talking, designing, doing projects, and creating games for recess! :)

1. tifftiff3217

I’m a expert most on anything that have to do with art.
      Example:designing,drawing manga,sketching,painting.
      And fishing and swimming!!

7. Peter

My expertise is baseball. I like to see the people get struck out. Just kidding, I just like to watch the intense game and sometimes funny moments.

8. amazingpurple66

I am a expert at matching pitches in my chorus class. My chorus teacher is one of the best chorus teachers on the face of the planet. She thinks that I am the most best students in the whole chorus. I sang a solo for the solo contest which involved a lot of matching pitches in order the learn that song.(the song was “The water is wide”). I got a superior which is a high tittle. It is a hard thing to do but I did it.

9. creekclimbing11

Im actually an expert at dog grooming!!! It’s weird right? I started grooming when i was 7, after my mom attempted and failed at cutting my golden doodle, Toffy. Even with this umm… talent i want to be an author, veterinarian, and maybe an army general, don’t ask.

1. plainswhite13

my friends call me a wizard because i can untie knots so quick. now i know someone who shares the talent with me!

10. Anastasia

I am an expert at mekeup. Every time my family goes out I always put on some. Then people always look at me in a good way.

11. midsummerbook13

I am an expert at reading, because I log most of my books into a log I have.
    I am an expert at writing because I write stories or poetry almost every day.
    I am an expert at being organized because I like to think of ways to organize them, like color-coded, or different letters.
    I am an expert at swimming because I am very tall and have very long legs.

12. AquaCat586

I’m really great at HTML and CSS, and I’m good at Minecraft as well. I have a college reading level and I am in math 3 years ahead. I’m also a talented flute player and I write songs as well.

13. kiwimelon16

I’m reall great at art, drawing. Some people in my grade say I’m the best. But I also love love reading and writing, i hope one day ill be a author myself!