June 30, 2014

Writing Prompt for Book-Obsessed People

Posted by at 3:15 pm in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing PromptWriting Prompt: Problems only readers would understand . . .

• Problem #1: You’re on a long car trip and you just finished your book. There’s 1 more hour until you get there and you have nothing to read!
  • Problem #2: You’ve been waiting forever for the sequel of your favorite book to come out. It finally does . . . on a SCHOOL day!
  • Problem #3: Your mom returned a gripping, thrilling, totally awesome book to the library . . . before you finished the last chapter!

These, fellow Ink Splotters, are problems only a book lover would understand. You know what I mean, right? Well, we want to hear your problems . . . that only a fellow book lover would understand.

Leave your problems caused by book obsession in the Comments below!

Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Anna

You try to take your book and read it while you’re eating dinner or going to the bathroom, but your mom says you can’t! UGGH!!!!!!

2. creativereader27

a big problem is my mom wont let me read as much fiction and I love fiction!!!!!
    also I don’t really have anything fun to read so can anyone tell me some great stories???

1. mistearly12

same here i love fiction stories and my mom wants me to read non fiction books because she wants me to learn real stuff.

3. midsummerbook13

1. That’s never happened. I am a writer too, so I would’ve brought a notebook or my diary. But if I was really close to the end, I’d bring another book.
    2. I’d ask, no, BEG my Mom to take me to the bookstore after school.
    3. I wouldn’t talk to my mother until she apoligized. But knowing my mother, she’d never do that.

4. kelsey j

I was reading this really good book and I as just about to finish the second to last chapter before the book said to be concluded and the author said she wasn’t writing any more books for that series

1. Anastasia ( lionunlocking20)

I WAS SO CLOSE ON FINISHING A BOOK, BUT SOMEONE RETURNED BEFORE I FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

2. Anastasia ( lionunlocking20)

I feel you GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>:-(

5. centaurposeidon110

Hi! i was on a car ride when all of the sudden the nook i was reading on died. i had brought nothing besides the nook, as i expected it’s battery to survive the 5 hours. there was 2 hours left. i was DEVESTATED!

6. coffeeship9

Well to begin with I read this book called Junie B. jones sneaky peaky spying and it was very good. it was about this little girl name Junie B and she had a little sister she was spying on her while she was sleeping and got in trouble by her mom. Next she decided to do the same thing at her grandparents but this time she was spying on them instead of her baby sister and that’s some of the book check it out at the Public Library hope you enjoy it if you decide to read it!