June 25, 2014

June Books of the Month

Posted by at 1:47 am in Books of the Month, Reads | Permalink

writing_prompt_book_recommendationIt’s Books of the Month time again!

By now, you all know the drill. It’s the end of June. Obviously, that means it’s time for the most exciting (okay, okay, I’m biased) post of the month . . . BOOKS OF THE MONTH!!! I feel like this post should be celebrated with an ice cream cake and confetti every month. I know I’m not the only person who gets really happy every time this post goes up, though! Last month you guys really came out in support of your favorite books. There were so many!

At the end of May we asked you to share what books you were reading. Then we made a word cloud to show which titles were most popular. I think it’s pretty obvious which series the people of the STACKS are loving this month: Percy Jackson!

June Books of the MonthLet’s keep this going! What books are you reading now? What books do you love and recommend? Leave the title (or titles!) in the Comments section below. I’m about to dive headfirst into Kingdom Keepers now, and I can’t wait to see which new series pop up next time around!

See ya later,

image from kids.scholastic.com — En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

1. bookworm359

I LOVE the Nancy Drew Girl Detective series! I just finished it not to long ago. I also LOVE the Divergent series! I just finished it.
    I also finished The 39 Clues series about a month ago which was also AWESOME!!
    And I’m almost done reading REACHED by Ally Condie, then there’s another series finished.
    I’ve just started the Alice McKinley series, and am also reading One Shot by Susan Glick, which is a good book so far.
    I’m also reading the Camp Confidential series, and The Vespers series and the Alex Rider series,which i’m almost finished with.

I THINK that’s all. FOR NOW!!! :)

2. purplefairy737

In July books I would like either the hardy boys the tower treasure or Geronimo Stilton field trip to niagara falls that is what I would like for July books of the month

1. energeticg20

I love the original series. The newer series DO NOT have a good topic and it makes Nancy Drew different(in a bad way).

3. energeticg20

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, The Lightning Thief, Guardians of Ga’hoole, 39 Clues, Penderwicks on Gardam Street, Dork Diaries……………………….

4. doggy4567

i think that Harry Potter should win.if not,J.K. Rowling and i would be fed up!!!!!!:-(k,Precy Jackson would be fine. 50+50=50,that’s my opinion!

5. blackbrownie609

Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant. The Hunger Games, The Hunger Games Catching Fire, Mockingjay, The Whole Dork Diaries Series, Tentacles, Chupacabra, and MUCH more.

6. blackbrownie609

Would you ever think that you would be the only one to escape a “prison?” Well, Benson did, and speaking of which, you guys and girls should read Variant. This is a very nice book and if you don’t read it, you will miss out on a lot. I will not tell you anything about what it is about. The only thing I am telling you is………..
    RUN TO THE LIBRARY AND GET THIS AMAZING BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :]
    P.S. – Don’t forget to read the two other books in the series, Feedback and Blackout!!!!!!

7. chasingcobra485

I LOVE the Percy Jackson series! I think they have to be my favorite series. I know that for the other thing I put The Land of Stories as my favorite series, but I change my mind. The Percy Jackson series are AMAZING. : )

8. -Ross L

I really like the Percy Jackson series. So yeah for all of the fans out there read that series~~~Sincerely Ross L.–

9. magicbird85

harry potter. sure we can keep this going. I going to try to add you to my friends list. cool! me to I can’t wait

10. dreamtimedetermined14

I’m reading the Kane Chronicles, The 39 Clues, The Secret Series, and A Series of Unfortunate Events.

11. shrewddreamtime11

nancy drew
    geromino stilton
    dear dumb diary
    baby mouse
    squish

12. chickenangel26

This month I have been reading a book called “Wolf Princess”. It is awesome. I recommend it to people who like mystery and adventure books.