May 9, 2014

Maia Mitchell Interview

Posted by at 1:41 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Maia MitchellInterview with Maia Mitchell from Teen Beach Movie

Maia Mitchell is one of the coolest girls on TV. The 20-year-old Australian actress and singer won over American audiences when she starred in last summer’s runaway hit, Teen Beach Movie. We caught up with Maia to talk about her new show, her real-life family, and the possibility of another Teen Beach Movie (!!!).

Q: Are you doing another Teen Beach Movie?

A: It hasn’t been confirmed yet, but if there is one, I’ll be in it. I literally haven’t heard anything or seen a script. I don’t even know if screenwriters have finished writing a script. I know that there are a bunch of different ideas at the moment, but you might even know more than I know! [UPDATE! Production on Teen Beach Movie 2 begins in July, reuniting the cast of Ross Lynch, Maia Mitchell, Grace Phipps, Garrett Clayton and John DeLuca. It will air in 2015.]

Q: Were you surprised by the success of Teen Beach Movie?

A: Yes, I definitely was. I’m very proud of it. You just never know what is going to be a hit and what’s not. It was promoted in the right way and it got to the right audience!

Q: What does your little brother think of your success?

A: He’s not fazed in the slightest! He wants to be a professional cricket player. He plays cricket for a team in New South Wales back in Australia. He sleeps with a cricket bat…he has cricket books under his pillow. All he cares about in the whole world is cricket.

Q: Was Jessie the first thing you did for Disney?

A: I did a pilot for Disney called Zombies and Cheerleaders, which didn’t get picked up, and that was originally what I had auditioned for before Teen Beach Movie. I shot that pilot and Teen Beach Movie at the same time two years ago, and then I shot Jessie a year later.

Q: How was it working with Debby Ryan?

A: It was fun. Debby is a really good friend of mine. It was very comfortable even though I had never done that kind of acting before. The kids are really cool…. the set is really cool. It’s definitely a family dynamic.

image from kids.scholastic.com — En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

Interview by Sue Schneider
Image credit: Disney Channel

1. texas longhorn

i heart u maia u r the best i love teen beach movie2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![sort of]

2. I KNOW THAT THIS DOSN'T RELATE BUT DO U EVER WISH YOU HADN'T TRIED OUT FOR THE PART OF CALLIE IN THE FOSTERS

Write your comment here…

3. Sammie09

OMG i’m so excited for Teen Beach Movie 2!! I saw the first one 15 times! (16 if i watch it again tonight xD)

4. butterflybreeze78

my dad plays cricket too!! It’s sort of a tradition in our religion,hey that rhymes!

5. Peyton

I would definitely choose Teen Beach Movie!!!!!!!! What if they made a Teen Beach Movie 2? That would be so awesome!!!!!

6. Rocky123

I think teen beach movie is a cute movie too! :) Maia tottlay is a great actress and actor. She is very talented! That is my opinion! What is yours? Please reply if you wish. Thank you!! :)

7. DANCINGCAT441

Holey CHEEZETS THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! My dream s to go to Australiia i know its spelt wrong sorry D:! I’ve been working hard on my accent see a mate! How u doing? Oh thanks jorge i love too. Cherryo! WHat do u think MIA LOVE U <3

8. DANCINGCAT441

Holey CHEEZETS THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Anyways im new and wanted to say hi…HIIIIII!!!!! IM SO FUNNNNNY RIGGGHT? I also play Minecraft. Anyways I HAVE A CRUSH ON AUSTIN LOL KINDA

9. ella awesome

you r awesome ALMOST as awesome as me I am a good singer but I have stage fright but making the school talent show helped me

10. Audrey

cool, if you did another interview, you should ask her about her fave things, colors, hobbies, food she likes, stuff like that!

11. raera

I just cant believe that you were in teen beach movie when didnt even like the movie that much or did you your fan raera

1. compasscat41

Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. WRITINGBLUE22

TEEN BEACH MOVIE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(SORT OF)

1. arcadefur8

You are so beautiful and talented. Hope you’re in a lot more movies.

P.S. Hope your brother becomes a professional cricket player. :D

13. Sofia

OMG! I love you Mia! You are my inspiration you are so determined and really good at making new characters

14. Anonymous

You are my inspiration Maia! I loved Teen Beach Movie and cannot wait for the sequel, I’m so excited!!

15. pinkart637

“Maia Mitchell is very cool and i luv her music and her voice.”
    I luv her role in “TEEN BEACH MOVIE”

1. gymnasticguitar37

yeah i agree with everyone your play a really cool character, I also like the part when you get mad at Brady when you have to catch your flight

16. Drea

I think that Mia Michell was Awesome in teen beach movie I watch that like every day on netflix