May 15, 2014

Gossip

Posted by at 1:29 am in Kid Power | Permalink

Make a difference!Gossip Can Hurt People!

Before you speak, ask yourself: Is what you are about to say True? Is it Kind? Is it Necessary? If the answer to any of these questions is no, then it’s gossip and you should think twice about saying it! We all know that gossip can hurt, but one STACKer decided to take a stand against it and I applaud her Kid Power! Read PhoenixSong’s message board post about gossip and then tell us your thoughts about gossip in the Comments.

I know everyone doesn’t like to hear it, but I just felt the need to address this real quick . . . so here goes. . .PhonenixSong3

Just for second, think about how much time you spend a day gossiping. And don’t start saying, “Oh, I never gossip,” because that’s most likely not true. Okay, now take that rough estimate, and split into two: the good gossip (saying good things about someone) and the bad gossip (saying mean things about someone). The good gossip number is probably way lower than the bad gossip.

Okay, so I’ll admit, I do gossip a lot too, and it’s not always good. Although, I do sometimes try to stay out of it and not get involved. For example, yesterday I was at the mall with a bunch of friends. We went to the food court, and they all started talking bad about another girl that wasn’t there. I asked them to stop, but they just started talking about someone else. So I just sorta stayed out of it, and that was that.

As we all know, gossip usually is not right. A lot of the time if the people find out, you’ll have really hurt them. Also, sometimes gossip can get exaggerated, which can lead to rumors, which don’t turn out good.

So next time you talk to your friends or really anyone, just watch what you say and who’s around to hear it. Thanks to anyone who actually took the time to read this.

— PhoenixSong3

1. fabulosotwirling7

i totally agree with this. I mean would you want bad comments being said about you? I know i wouldn’t.So we should make a difference,like this cool person who wrote the piece i am commenting on.Lets step up and be better people.Lets stop bad gossip and make good gossip out of it.The person who wrote this keep on rocking!

2. bookangel82

i just want to remind everyone the golden rule: treat others the way you want to be treated!
    thanks for the article i appreciate it .Have a nice day everyone !

3. Phoebe

Ok so 1st of all let me say this: I DON’T GOSSIP.
    2nd of all, even if I do, its usually a story about a recent event that just happened to me that I am informing my friends, and usually it is not bad gossip if gossip at all. I don’t have close enough friends to gossip anyways. You can’t just start assuming that…
    But still, people, including me (ONLY SOMETIMES!) need to start gossiping. Great article.

4. destiny

that movie or cartoon is very funny. that makes me cry and laugh at the same time.Since i was little i watched it every day.My mom tolded me that i couldn’t stop looking at it.Now i still keep looking at it.i just love it i really can not stop looking at it.THANK YOU FOR KEEP PUTING IT IN IT MAKES ME CRY LIKE I WAS BORN. WILL I WAS NOT BORN YET BUT I AM 35 YEARS OLD. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR IT LOVE YOU PEACE

5. kiwimelon16

Yeah, Sometimes I don’t really mean to say it. It could easily hurt someone’s feelings. Like they said someone is ugly. Most likely, it will be rumors. Thanks for standing up to bullies! *Everybody*

6. admiralwind14

It’s sad to think that this is what our world has come to. What’s worse is that a lot of gossip is spread on the internet. I agree that gossip is awful, but what people don’t reailse is that it’s a way of life too. People talk all the time, and not everything that they say is true. Everyone has told a lie about something in their lifetime. We can’t help it, and we also regret it. That’s what I think about gossip.

7. ArtemisMidnight42

I gossip all the time, and there is nothing – NOTHING! – wrong with it. I don’t get caught, I don’t get in trouble, and it’s all fine. Gossip totally helps me make friends!