May 19, 2014

Goosebumps: The Movie

PopcornJack Black Will Star in the New Goosebumps Movie!

Way back when I was younger, there was a TV show based on the Goosebumps series. I remember the first episode I ever saw (“Stay Out of the Basement”) and I remember being totally scared! But I loved it, too. I’ve since seen nearly every episode, and they’re all great.

I was really sad when the show ended. So that’s why I was very, very excited when I found out that my favorite spooky series is being turned into a movie!

And you’ll never guess who the star is . . .

JACK BLACK!

Jack Black

Andrew Evans/PR Photos

That’s right, Jack Black! Jack will play author R. L. Stine, whose scary characters are actually real. He protects his readers by keeping the monsters locked up in books. But when his daughter, Hannah, befriends the son of the family that moves in next door, trouble is afoot! The new neighbor, Zach, accidentally releases the monsters from Stine’s books, so it’s up to the three of them to catch the escaped monsters before it’s too late.

I’m sad because the movie won’t be coming out until March of 2016 (!!!) and that’s a very long time to wait. But I am so, so, SO excited that it’s being made! And two years is more than enough time to re-read all 177 Goosebumps books. Yes, there are 177 Goosebumps books! Care to keep me company?

What do you think of the new Goosebumps movie? Do you think Jack Black will make an awesome R. L. Stine? (Check out a video interview with the real R.L. Stine.) We want to know. Tell us in the Comments below!
Until next time . . .

image from kids.scholastic.com — En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

1. billy

wow jack BLACK WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU GO JACK BLACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

2. Dominique

I think Jack Black is gonna be a great R.L. Stine. And as soon as it comes out I’m gonna be there watching it because I <3 Goosebumbs movies

3. Rocky123

Lol!! I have seen the episode of stay out of the basement too! That is so cool that Jack Black is going to star in the goosebumps movie but it could be WAY better. I mean..he has a cool character and all but I would like it better if it was a different actor ; / but still cool!

4. idirector

can’t this movie have famous people like Tom Cruise as RL Stine and Elle Fanning as the daughter. And Asa Butterfield as Zach.That would be a good movie.but since this movie is probably going to be a tv movie i bet the famous actors won’t have time for a tv movie

5. fantasticdodger8

Well, I have mixed opinions because I never read one of those books . HOW CAN I UNDERSTAND A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM DOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Gabby

Hey there is a reason I don’t watch or read the Goosebumps series it would scare the living daylights out of me! This movie sounds like spiderwick chronicles I don’t thik ICarly is not just for girls even though I am one. I don’t like Minecraft!!!!!

6. LuckyBeach

My Mistake See Use Kids Don’t Read Its Jack Black IN A Movie. I Feel Like Im Dumb But Anyway I Guess He’d Be Good I Guess But Im More Like An Ariana Lover. Jack Black Was Just To Umm Whats The Word ………… Used! He Was On TV , Talk Shows , And Dramas Thats Enough!!!!! Jack Black Im Never Watching You Again And Thats Final!!!!! Okay So That Movie Would Be Good With Ariana Grande As The Main Character Falling In Love With Cody Simpson. But Im Getting Into Love Stories And Dramas But Thats An Awesome Movie I Said. Plz Comment And Peace!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

– Lucky Beach

1. Rocky123

Lol! Hi Lucky Beach this is for YOU! You are so right about Jack Black and how Ariana Grande needs a movie! You r like the BFF that I have never had! Friends? please respond

7. LuckyBeach

He Did Fantastic Job On I Carly ” If You Remember That!!!!!! :) ” .
    i Think That A Movie Would Be A Bit To Long Since He’s What 50? ” Sorry Jack But Its Life “.
    I’m Funny But Tell The Truth!!! :$ So This Is Not that Well Of An Idea But An Ariana Grande Movie Is Well Needed!!!!! So You Should Start Thinking About Ariana Plz Comment And Peace!!! :)

-Lucky Beach

1. Bullmoonight23

I did not know that when is it coming out or did it already came out if it did I will be mad cause i didnt see it!!!

2. fantasticdodger8

HEY I AM A BOY ! I DONT WATCH I CARLY I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PLAY MINECRAFT!!!!!!