April 16, 2014

New Story from Rick Riordan

Posted by at 1:42 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick Riordan photo“The Staff of Serapis”

You might remember last year, Rick Riordan published “The Son of Sobek” as an extra crossover story in the The Serpent’s Shadow. The story featured both Percy Jackson and Carter Kane together in the same story. It’s crazy when characters jump out of their own series and into other characters’ series, right? Well, Riordan has done it again. He announced on his blog last week that the new U.S. paperback edition of The Mark of Athena┬áin stores now features a story with Annabeth Chase and Sadie Kane! It has the awesome title “The Staff of Serapis.”

The Staff of Serapis book coverIf you don’t want to buy The Mark of Athena paperback, the story will be available in e-formats, with the cover above, on May 20. Or you could, you know, rush to the library and see if they have the new paperback edition with the story at the end. Tell the librarian it MUST be the 2014 paperback edition!

What do you think? Did you like “The Son of Sobek” enough to want a second story? Do you think Riordan should write an entire series combining all his characters?? Leave a Comment.

1. cerberusathena162

Omg, YES!! Rick makes amazing series and books with all those details so, why not make an entire series combining all his characters? :)

2. Harvest

I think that Rick RIordan should make a book from all the characters in The Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, and Percy Jackson and the Olimpians. I think it would make a big hit.

3. candycat255

totally!!! i really think he should. i want more Carter Kane and Precy Jackson.i’m a Rick Riordan fan big time. :)

4. guitarrolling9

He definitely should! His series is my favorite after Harry Potter. No offense to Percy Jackson and the Kanes.

5. Stella

I think Rick Riordran should write a series combining all the characters because it would be very cool to see characters from Kane Chronicles and Percy Jackson in one series.

6. hawkfighting185

Looking for Dragonhawk1027! He just disappeared without a trace. I can wait to read it.Your one of my favorite author!

7. rebecca

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE LOVE HIS BOOKS CANNOT WAIT I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE A SEIZURE

8. Tranquilscientist8

I I think Rick Riordan should definitely write a crossover series! it would be so awesome!

9. Kacy

I think Rick should write a whole series combining all his chacters and for the last book should put all the chacters on different quest and in the end the have to put there information together and save the world.

10. pinkdance240

love rick rorden ,I read all his percy Jackson series book it was so so good you should try it

11. allison

You totally should Rick Roirdan. If you do {I would really love to read it}TELL me. Keep me posted your #1 fan, Allison

12. esther

dude i have waited so long maybe to long for this to happen. i really think that the Kane chronicles is going to mix with the heroes of Olympus series, cant wait again!