April 16, 2014

New Story from Rick Riordan

Posted by at 1:42 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick Riordan photo“The Staff of Serapis”

You might remember last year, Rick Riordan published “The Son of Sobek” as an extra crossover story in the The Serpent’s Shadow. The story featured both Percy Jackson and Carter Kane together in the same story. It’s crazy when characters jump out of their own series and into other characters’ series, right? Well, Riordan has done it again. He announced on his blog last week that the new U.S. paperback edition of The Mark of Athena in stores now features a story with Annabeth Chase and Sadie Kane! It has the awesome title “The Staff of Serapis.”

The Staff of Serapis book coverIf you don’t want to buy The Mark of Athena paperback, the story will be available in e-formats, with the cover above, on May 20. Or you could, you know, rush to the library and see if they have the new paperback edition with the story at the end. Tell the librarian it MUST be the 2014 paperback edition!

What do you think? Did you like “The Son of Sobek” enough to want a second story? Do you think Riordan should write an entire series combining all his characters?? Leave a Comment.

1. Lauren

Yes, yes, YES! I love Rick Riordan’s books and I’m so mad because each book takes a year to come out and I read them in less than a week!

2. arcadefur8

Plz! write faster I can hardly wait for the Norse mythology books ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPERVENTILATING……….. SADIE AND ANNABETH TOGETHER AS A TEAM I CAN BARLY BREATH. HYPERVANILATES………….. *SCREAMS***

3. Britany

I… can’t… breathe… Hyperventilating… **SCREAM** THAT’S SO AWESOME!!! PERCY JACKSON IS THE BEST SERIES IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. spytreehouse10

i think rick riordan should combine all the characters of the kane chronicles, percy jackson and the heroes of olympus into one 5-book series. that would be totally awsome!!

4. arcadefur8

Loved your kane chronicle series. Loved your percy jackson series,& I know I’m going to love your Norse mythology books. While I wait for that series ill just read your roman mythology books.

5. Heather

Whoa! I can’t wait for it!!! I think it would be cool if he started doing European mythology besides Greek!

6. readingruby22

dudes i need a cople of budies.i am really nice. have a problem i will try to help. you can catch me on readingruby22

7. WRITINGBLUE22

I am so exited!!!!!! i am his biggest fan!!! (almost!!!!) he twist the stories just right, so of corse he should!!!!!!!!!!! :)

8. swim mermaid54

that book is amazing. my sister wrote a song about it, amazing book how great you are. it goes on for ever

9. breezebrain39

It’s like he makes what his fans would make for fan fiction, so he should definitely keep doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. bluepuma189

i reckon that Riordan should write a whole series, because i love his books so much that i have read the percy jackson series like 4 times but i don’t think that he should combine all of the characters because i don’t think it would be a good book hope you guys agree oh and i am new here so please friend me or post a shout out thanks