April 16, 2014

New Story from Rick Riordan

Posted by at 1:42 am in Authors, Percy Jackson, Reads | Permalink

Rick Riordan photo“The Staff of Serapis”

You might remember last year, Rick Riordan published “The Son of Sobek” as an extra crossover story in the The Serpent’s Shadow. The story featured both Percy Jackson and Carter Kane together in the same story. It’s crazy when characters jump out of their own series and into other characters’ series, right? Well, Riordan has done it again. He announced on his blog last week that the new U.S. paperback edition of The Mark of Athena in stores now features a story with Annabeth Chase and Sadie Kane! It has the awesome title “The Staff of Serapis.”

The Staff of Serapis book coverIf you don’t want to buy The Mark of Athena paperback, the story will be available in e-formats, with the cover above, on May 20. Or you could, you know, rush to the library and see if they have the new paperback edition with the story at the end. Tell the librarian it MUST be the 2014 paperback edition!

What do you think? Did you like “The Son of Sobek” enough to want a second story? Do you think Riordan should write an entire series combining all his characters?? Leave a Comment.

1. Rebecca

Anabeth would defeat hermines she would just like snap her wand and be like it’s done I won the fight then hermineie would be useless for battle

2. ghostblue21

Rick Riordan is the best author ever!!! I liked the Staff of Serapis, and I heard there will be a third short story like that one where Percy, Annabeth, Carter and Sadie all come together! I will definitely read it. I also heard that there will be a new series like Percy Jackson, but involving Norse myths. I can’t wait for it!!!!

3. cerberusathena162

Omg, YES!! Rick makes amazing series and books with all those details so, why not make an entire series combining all his characters? :)

4. Harvest

I think that Rick RIordan should make a book from all the characters in The Heroes of Olympus, Kane Chronicles, and Percy Jackson and the Olimpians. I think it would make a big hit.

5. candycat255

totally!!! i really think he should. i want more Carter Kane and Precy Jackson.i’m a Rick Riordan fan big time. :)

6. guitarrolling9

He definitely should! His series is my favorite after Harry Potter. No offense to Percy Jackson and the Kanes.

7. Stella

I think Rick Riordran should write a series combining all the characters because it would be very cool to see characters from Kane Chronicles and Percy Jackson in one series.

8. hawkfighting185

Looking for Dragonhawk1027! He just disappeared without a trace. I can wait to read it.Your one of my favorite author!

9. rebecca

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE, LOVE LOVE HIS BOOKS CANNOT WAIT I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE A SEIZURE

10. Tranquilscientist8

I I think Rick Riordan should definitely write a crossover series! it would be so awesome!

11. Kacy

I think Rick should write a whole series combining all his chacters and for the last book should put all the chacters on different quest and in the end the have to put there information together and save the world.

12. pinkdance240

love rick rorden ,I read all his percy Jackson series book it was so so good you should try it

13. allison

You totally should Rick Roirdan. If you do {I would really love to read it}TELL me. Keep me posted your #1 fan, Allison

14. esther

dude i have waited so long maybe to long for this to happen. i really think that the Kane chronicles is going to mix with the heroes of Olympus series, cant wait again!

15. Lauren

Yes, yes, YES! I love Rick Riordan’s books and I’m so mad because each book takes a year to come out and I read them in less than a week!

16. arcadefur8

Plz! write faster I can hardly wait for the Norse mythology books ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPERVENTILATING……….. SADIE AND ANNABETH TOGETHER AS A TEAM I CAN BARLY BREATH. HYPERVANILATES………….. *SCREAMS***

17. Britany

I… can’t… breathe… Hyperventilating… **SCREAM** THAT’S SO AWESOME!!! PERCY JACKSON IS THE BEST SERIES IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. spytreehouse10

i think rick riordan should combine all the characters of the kane chronicles, percy jackson and the heroes of olympus into one 5-book series. that would be totally awsome!!

18. arcadefur8

Loved your kane chronicle series. Loved your percy jackson series,& I know I’m going to love your Norse mythology books. While I wait for that series ill just read your roman mythology books.

19. Heather

Whoa! I can’t wait for it!!! I think it would be cool if he started doing European mythology besides Greek!

20. readingruby22

dudes i need a cople of budies.i am really nice. have a problem i will try to help. you can catch me on readingruby22

21. WRITINGBLUE22

I am so exited!!!!!! i am his biggest fan!!! (almost!!!!) he twist the stories just right, so of corse he should!!!!!!!!!!! :)

22. swim mermaid54

that book is amazing. my sister wrote a song about it, amazing book how great you are. it goes on for ever

23. breezebrain39

It’s like he makes what his fans would make for fan fiction, so he should definitely keep doing that!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. bluepuma189

i reckon that Riordan should write a whole series, because i love his books so much that i have read the percy jackson series like 4 times but i don’t think that he should combine all of the characters because i don’t think it would be a good book hope you guys agree oh and i am new here so please friend me or post a shout out thanks