April 28, 2014

Dork Diaries Dream Cast

Posted by at 1:55 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

Dork Diaries book coverWho should be in the Dork Diaries movie cast?

You may have heard already, but the bestselling Dork Diaries book series will be made into a movie in 2015! Cool, huh?

If you haven’t read any Dork Diaries books yet, they’re pretty hilarious. They are written from the diary perspective of Nikki, a 14-year-old middle-schooler, who just transferred to a snooty private school. What everyone doesn’t know is that she is there on scholarship as a part of her dad’s bug exterminator business contract.

Nikki doesn’t fit in with the wealthy, designer-clad students, and spends most of her time alone writing in her diary. Then she befriends two other “dorky” girls, Chloe and Zoey, and discovers the beautiful Brandon Roberts (her crush). But the most popular girl in the school, MacKenzie Hollister, also has a crush on Brandon, and is determined to make Nikki’s life more miserable than it already is.

So . . . before the casting is decided, we want to know who’s in YOUR dream cast? Maybe some big Hollywood exec will even read this post and cast your pick!

Let us know your cast picks for . . .

G Hannelius photo

Disney Channel

Nikki: With her brown pigtails, and artsy, clumsy, and lovably dorky ways, I would choose G Hannelius.

Chloe: She is slightly prissy and a self-proclaimed expert on boys. I can’t decide between Peyton List and Olivia Holt.

Zoey has dark hair, loves self-help books, and acts like a teen Dr. Phil with hoop earrings. Zendaya or China Anne McClain maybe?

Ross Lynch

Janet Mayer / PRPhotos.com

Brandon has wavy hair and blue eyes. He’s an animal lover and super-cute dreamboat. Ross Lynch — no contest!

MacKenzie has blond hair, blue eyes, and is as evil as a rattlesnake in lip gloss and ankle boots! I would pick Dove Cameron — not because I think she’s mean, but because she can play all different kinds of girls. She plays 2 completely different people in one show!

List your dream cast in the Comments below. We can’t wait to see who you say!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Lizzie

Nikki: She is dorky,funny,clumsy, and unique in many ways I would pick G. Hannelius from Dog With A Blog.

Chloe: She has , in my opinion, OMGD, (Obsessive Male Gender Disorder) and she is sassy and prissy I will choose Doce Cameron from Liv And Maddie

Zoey: She is geeky,funny and a know it all I will choose China Anne McLain because she played a nerd on How To Build A Better Boy.

Mackenzie: she has blonde hair and a viper in designer clothes and lip gloss I will choose Peyton List from Jessie.

Brandon: He is an animal lover,a very sweet gut, and sounds cut in the books I will pick Peyton Meyer from Girl Meets World.

2. ANONYMOUSdorkDIARIESloveR!!!!!!

Nikki: I am not really sure, but Im thinkn Olivia Holt.
    Zoey: In my opion, I think that Kira Kosorin (from the thundermans) should play as Zoey.
    Chloe: Maybye Geniveve Hannelius could play her. They are both perky and excited about things.
    Mackenzie: I think that Ariana Grande should play Mackenzie. Yeah, Yeah. I know that she quit acting for life but, just like Mackenzie, Ari always wants to look good!
    Brandon: NO SAYING NO!!! JACK GRIFFO FOR SURE! HE IS SUPER CUTE AND ADORABLE!!!!!!
    Brianna: Mia Talirico maybye because that’s the only young young actress that I know of!:P

3. Cindy

I love Olivia Holt- She should totally try out for the role! Taylor Swift is pretty and also a great actress. I think they should play for the part of Mackenzie! Nikki- I don’t know! Whoever plays what roles, I will still love the book!

4. MEGAN

FOR NIKKI ROWAN BLANCHARD AND FOR CHLOE SABRINA CARPNTAR FOR ZOEY MIRANDA COSGROVE FOR BRANDON ROSS LYNCH AND FOR MACKENZIE STEFANIE SCOTT

5. martha

Zoey. Zendaya ,chloe olivia holt, nikki g hannelius,mackenzie dove cameeron,jessica peyton list,,brianna,chloe in dog with a blog,……brandon not. Ross lynch

6. Evelyn

Nikki: G Hannelius
    Chloe: Peyton List
    Zoey: Zendaya
    Brandon: ( of course ) Ross Lynch
    Mackenzie: Dove Cameron
    It was so difficult to chose!!!!

1. Grace

My Dream cast:
      Nikki-G Hannelius
      Chloe-Olivia Holt
      Zoey-Zendaya
      Brandon-ROSS LYNCH
      Mackenzie-DOVE CAMERON
      Jessica-Sabrina Carpenter
      :) :) :)

7. Alison

I like all of these choses but sorry I’d chose China Ann McClain rather than Zendaya, No doubt Ross Lynch, G Hannelius, Dove Cameron And sorry Olivia, I chose Payton list.

8. koalabearfashion44

selena gomez,austinmahone,katy perry,ariana grande,jenna mccurdy,justin timberlake ,jhonny deep,bruce willess

9. Anonymous

Zoey is liike made to be plane by Rowen Blancher from ” Girl Meets World” its like totaly the the obvies choise although im a Huge fan of both zendeya and china

10. Noelle

i think that Ross Lynch should not be Brandon because he is to old for the girl playing Nikki i think she is like 13 and he is 19 or 20

11. Rubz

i think hailee steinfeld should play Nikki,Sierra mccormick should play Mackenzie, Amanda stenberg should play Zoey and Lia marie Johnson shoud play chloe an brandon should be Ender Ansible Thats who i thing :)

12. NOVA

NO. JUST. NO. All of these seem incorrect! If you’ve even read the book, thourogly, Brandon has dark hair, not blonde. NO. JUST. NO. And nikki’s a brunette. Chyna fits the part I guess, but Zendaya’s too old. Dove Cameron just doesn’t say Mackenzie. And chloe as peyton list? Everyone knows by her last name, Garcia, she is of mexican heritage. Dark hair-DUH!

13. Anonymous

This is my dream cast for the movie:
    Nikki: She should be an undiscovered actress I think, and definitely not G Hannelius.
    Mackenzie: Stefanie Scott (no doubt about it!)
    Chloe: Debby Ryan maybe?
    Zoey: Not Sure, but DEFINATELY not Zendaya or China Anne McClain
    Brandon: Maybe Ross Lynch
    Theodore Swagmire: Grayson Russel
    Jessica: Maia Mitchell might be good

14. Anyssa

Defiantly China Anne McClain should play Zoey and Olivia Holt Should play Chloe the rest of them are PERFECT!!!!!!

15. Summer

Hey ma homies!!!
    So I also had a cast in mind for the dork diaries movie! Here goes:

NIKKI: Rowan Blanchard (or G.hannelius) BRANDON: Teo Halm(or jared gilmor)
    ZOEY: China Anne McClain (or zendaya)
    CHLOE: Piper Curda (or olivia holt)
    MACKENZIE: Peyton List (or Sabrina carpenter)
    BRIANNA: Ella Anderson (or Carmen blanchard)
    VIOLET: Allison Ashley Arm

Logan Lerman- Brandon Roberts
    Deynse Tontz- Violet Baker
    Grayson Russel- Theodore Swagmire
    Josh Hutcherson Marcus
    Leslie Mann- Nikki’s Mom

18. DOGBLUE7161

I would totally pick Ross Lynch for Brandon, G Hannelius for Nikki, Peyton List for Chloe, Dove Cameron for Zoey, and definitely Zendaya for your MacKenzie. Ross is the best choice for Brandon. Just like Brandon, he’s TOTALLY cute!!!!! I love him! G would be the best for Nikki because of her outward appearance. I’m not totally sure she can pull up the personality like Dove can, and be a shy, cute, really girly girl that Nikki totally is. Peyton is, like the best possible choice for one of the twins. Which twin? I don’t care. But I insist that you put her into the movie. Like, I will seriously die if you people don’t. Dove will totally rock being Zoey, and Zendaya is so much like MacKenzie. Except that Mac is totally mean and.. and repulsive, while Zendaya is so nice and likable. But if you people do not include at least one person from this list, I will, like die. =(

1. Mimi

I think for Chloe it would be cool for Zendaya, and Zoey as G Hannelius, and Diana as Mackenzie( looks like her) and CJ Adams as Brendan( because he matches the look and is so sweet), Michelle Pavlik as Nikki (looks just like her and acts like her except the eyes) and Jane Linch as the gym teacher (she is in glee) and Peyton List as Jessica.

19. Samantha M.

I think they should just put up auditions and the actors of the movie should actually be their real ages like I’m 13 and in feb I’ll be 14 so yeah and I think they should just be the same age and this is actually a VERY SUPER-LISHES book ever!!!!!! I really super like this book I mean it’s like I’m in the book like me actually living it I’m probably the only person in the world(in my opinoin) who can acutually feel and understand this book I mean like I have posters and I read Rachel’s blog EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT IM LIVING lol I just love her books and her doddles I swear if I would get a chance to autiton I will be so SIKED like “OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! IMMMA AUDITUON YESSSSSSSSS YAYYYYY” I would like be screaming my head off!! Like yay!!!! Lol but yeah I think they should just well at least think about it , about holding auditions so yeah that my opinoin because I would be a great Nikki Maxwell of course other people think they would be good Nikki Maxwell but I like mean it like I would be good I just hope they will be auditions

1. Michelle

I know right! My friend Mimi thinks I would be a good Nikki Maxwell too. I look just like Nikki with height and weight and hair, the only difference is the eyes. Hers are green and mine are brown, but I’m able to wear contact;) if I got the chance to audition OMG I would totally do this. This would be a complete dream come true and I would love to bring Nikki to life!

20. beeblue1882

I love u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu r the best

21. a

i’m going with g as nikkil, oliva as chole, peyton as zoey, ross as brandon and dove as mackenzie if they were a movie of this that wll be amazing(:

22. Ashley

I LOVE DORK DIARIES SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Thanks Nicole for showing me them… <3<3<3 Dork diaries

23. Abby

This is what i choose:
    Nikki: G. Hannelus
    Chloe: Peyton List
    Zoey: China Anne McClain
    Brandon: Ross Lynch! So obvious!
    Mackenzie: Dove Cameron or Stephanie Meyer
    -Dork Diaries Fan!

24. aquafashion634

Here’s MY dream cast:
    Nicki: Kiara Kosarin, considering she’s SO much like Nicki in real life!
    Chloe: A.J Michalka (from Aly & A.J, and Grace Unplugged)
    Zoey: Selena Gomez, maybe? I don’t know, she’s a good actresses, and that’s just who I picture when I think of Zoey.
    Brandon: Liam Payne, of course!!!!

25. Samantha

Definitely G Hannelius, no doubt Peyton List, China Anne McClain hands down, absoulutley not Ross Lynch, and of course Dove Cameron!

26. BlackBlue3183

My dream would be to become like:

Ross Lynch

Zendaya

China Anne McClain

Penyton list
    ALL OF THEM

27. a

Brandon-Niall from 1d. Nikki-Peyton list. Chloe-ariana grande. Zoey-zendaya. Mackenzie-dove cameron

28. chattyopal18

Nikki- Peyton List

Chloe- Piper Curda

Zoey- Olivia Holt

McKenzie- Dove Cameron

Brandon- Ross Lynch

29. jazzycutie526

My dream cast would be
    Nikki:
    Brandon

:ross lynch! Of course no competion!
    Mackinzie,dove camron!total!

1. Mimi

I agree with Zendaya, Olivia Holt, Dove Cameron, but not really Ross Lynch or G Hannalius. I always imagined Brandon with brown hair.. And Brandon is suppose to be in eighth grade. Ross is 17! And who plays Nikki should be an undiscovered actress. Preferably brunette.

30. Heather

Oooooohhhh!
    I’d choose Diana ( Heather Fox’s actress in the Canterwood Crest series ) for MacKenzie, because Heather Fox is already the mean girl at Canterwood! And Diana has Blonde hair and blue eyes…… PLZ SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!

1. Mimi

Ooh I think she would do well, but CJ Adams should totally play Brandon! And Nikki should be Michelle Pavlik. And Jessica:Peyton List Chloe:Zendaya Zoey:G Hannalius

31. Anonymous

my dream show is called living up. the cast is selena Gomez as Emma and maia Mitchell as serena, ross lynch as culton, g hunneilus as lucy , and camoron boyce as kevin

32. Athennajade85

I think Maia Mitchell should be Nikki and Ross Lynch should be Brandon. And Dove cameron as Mackenzie.

33. Ellie

My cast would probably be:

NIKKI- PROBABLY SELENA GOMEZ OR DEMI LOVATO OR EVEN DEBY RYAN!!!!
    BRANDON- ROSS LYNCH.
    ZOEY- G HANNELIUS
    CHLOE – PEYTON LIST FOR SURE!
    MAKENZIE- DOVE CAMERON!!!! OR DEBY RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Rachel

Love your choices, Laura Marano and Ross Lynch will rock the movie, if they are chosen, that is. Any Ways, Gr8t choices ana!

2. Ellie

NICE. BUT DOVE CAMERON WOULD ALSO BE PERFECT FOR NIKKI. IT WOULD BE ALL ABOUT HER!

34. Nada