April 14, 2014

Blobfish Caption

Posted by at 1:54 am in Create a Caption, Writing Prompt | Permalink

createacaption2Blobfish Create a Caption

Blobfish

Image courtesy the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration

You may remember this little fella from our Dog with a Blog Would You Rather post last month. Judging by your comments, you guys seemed to really like this blobby guy. And by “like,” I mean you thought it was the most disgusting thing you ever saw.

DogBlue5029 said, “What is that?”
BloodhoundBlue840 said, “What the heck is that big sloppy thing that looks like it’s drooling?”
ArtPink725 said, “I would not kiss the blobfish.”
CherriesHamster14 said, “Who would want to even touch a blobfish?”
Aqi said, “I know! Who on EARTH would kiss a blobfish?! It looks like it is DROOLING!!!!!”

Well, you’ve had your say. Now let’s give the blobfish a chance to say what’s on its mind. Write a caption for what you think this creature is thinking. Leave your caption in the Comments, and remember to be kind! The blobfish has feelings, too, you know!

image from kids.scholastic.com— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

1. jordan

that is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and what is that thing tell me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

2. Anonymous

this blob is nasty.
    this blob is nasty.
    this blob is nasty.
    this blob is nasty .
    this blob is nasty.
    this blob is nasty.

3. lolipop312

umm are you gonna kill me and eat me i am just a slopy pink thng that lies at the bottom of the ocean and i look lie i am drooling

4. TORI

urhr…. should i even ask what the heck that is? i mean what kind of thing looks like that? I personally think it looks like squid word…. this thing has scared me for life…

5. Anonymous

Just notice this guy may be a photo but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have feelings. Just image you were this blob fish, how would you like it? like being called ugly, gross, even I don’t want to see you in my life again. This is how you would feel.

6. crystal5720

He is saying,”i could have been on Broadway.” I think the Blob fish actually looks cool! Please do not criticize me for what I think. This is my first or second time commenting on anything.

1. Dominic

I don’t know why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. He is a deap sea creature and looks this way due to a lack of pressure! I for one WOULD kiss a blobfish, as long as it’s sanitary. I agree on you. He looks amazing! But just wait until the goblin shark is popular.

7. maddie

that poor thing it didnt get to choose what it looks like i bet its thinking why dose everyone hate me and say im ugly

8. Nathaly

A blobfish ia a special kid of fish but tecnically he not actually a fish but he is an important part of the oceans ecosystem

9. Juju

people should actually take a good look at this blob fish maybe some of the goo goes into our food just let that seap into you mind right now

10. Ren

Caption: “Why doesn’t anyone love me? (Or kiss me?)”
    Me: I WOULD KISS YOU ANY DAY BLOBFISH!!!
    ~Wolfghost509 or RenLovesCheese or Whatever you wanna call me

11. indigobloodhound93

if u watch this funny video by brizzy voices that’s called what sound dose it make challange

12. dramaamazing34

WHAT?!!?! Is that I know that it says it is called a “blobfish” but are we REALLY sure what that really is

1. eagerturtle15

I agree poor blobfish I don’t want to sound weird but blobfish are actually mutated fish because of oil spills so those of you who think he is ugly get people to stop putting garbage in our oceans

PS I think blobfish are beautiful along with everyone else in the world

13. squalllime9

I think it looks adorable. It not its fault that it was created like that. I would kiss the blobfish.

1. dramaamazing34

Maybe I could give it a chance to be my favorite pet but …. YOU never know!
      it kind of does look cute from an angle

2. bulldogangel92

i like your comment not many people are being nice to the blobfish thank you though.Blobfishes are some of my favorite animals by the way.Once again thank you for saying ths

14. dogdog13348

what ever it is it looks nice but in the picture he or she looks sad because people are making mean commints about he or she.

15. kayla

What’s the thing over there it is furry on its head and walks on 2 feet and also it is skinny
    (A human)

16. Scarletcherries

That Blob fish is probably thinking, “I’m so depressed. No one likes my blob face. Wow…I was not expecting people to gag at the sight of my new look.”

17. Andy101le

the Blobfish is awesome and GROSS at the same time.you should make more gross fish pictures.the Blobfish is still COOL!!!!!

18. fashionkitten209

It’s not my fault I’m called a blobby-whatever.I’m actually pretty handsome.my wife says so every day.not only that she kisses me every day AND she on earth.humans are very insulting

19. cupcakecollector12

The blobfish is a little chubby, or odd-looking, but I agree that the blobfish has feelings too. I found out that “Psychrolutes marcidus” is the scientific name for a “blobfish”, and I would hug a blobfish right away if I could! :)

20. breezebrain39

“I’m a sad litte blobfish. You can’t judge a book by it’s cover, you know. I guess this is what happens when you use lotion for dogs. You get a skin infection.”