April 30, 2014

April Books of the Month

Posted by at 1:07 am in Books of the Month, Reads | Permalink

writing_prompt_book_recommendationIt’s time for April Books of the Month!

Aaaaaaand we’re back! You know what time it is: it’s Books of the Month time! YEAH! At the end of March, we asked you what books you were reading. Then we made a word cloud so we could see which books were most popular. We’ve got some cool new contenders for the top spot. (We see you, Esperanza Rising and Minecraft fans!)

April Books of the Month word cloud

We’ll be doing this again for next month, so show your favorite new (or not-so-new!) book title some love and share with us what you’re reading right now. Leave the name of the book (or books!) in the Comments section below. Can’t wait to see which title reigns supreme in May!

Till next time,

image from kids.scholastic.com — En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

1. purplefairy737

I read Esperanza rising for school in reading workshop it was a great book I had different mixed emotions at different times but it was a very nice book Harry potter has been in a lot of books of the month it should I’ve been reading the first one

2. poseidenblack72

dude I love minecraft and harry potter do you have percy Jackson that series is awesome!

3. snoutmystery23

right now i am in loooooove with divergent (Teens)! I cant wait to read Insurgent (Teens)!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Brittney

Hi i know your super busy but please read this note and don’t put in your skip pile well i love watching your shows your number 1 fan you are my inspiration i want to be you or just like you when i grow up. I wish I could meet you. you don’t know me but i love you so much Olivia holt.
    Love, Brittney

5. Skyquiet15

Wolves of the Beyond by Kathryn Lasky
    Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Age 12 and up)
    Warriors by Erin Hunter

6. bookwormgirl45

The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer Nielsen
    Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis
    Heroes of Olympus by Rick RIordan
    Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud

7. crimsondragonfly94

I love the Mortal Instruments series (Grade 9 and up)! And the Pretty Tough novels, so inspiring!

8. AmberBrown358

My favorite books are: percy jackson and the olympians.
    Heros Of Olympus
    Kane chronicles

Wonder

Rules

9. cluequeen1

kane chronicles, the 39 clues, spirit animals, HUNGER GAMES (Age 12 and up)!!!!!!! (WHOOP WHOOP!!) HUNGER GAMES CATCHING FIRE, HUNGER GAMES MOCKINGJAY, UP, RATATOUILLE (my sisters book) harry potter, a series of unfortunate events and many more including percy jackson, and dark lord a fiend in need!

BYE! CLUEQUEEN1

10. cupcakecollector12

Narnia fans want to go to Narnia. Harry Potter fans want to go to Hogwarts. Hunger Games (Grades 9 and up) fans don’t want to go to the Hunger Games.

11. cupcakecollector12

My Top 5 Books Are:
    The Hunger Games (Ages 12 and up)
    Out of My MInd
    Wonder
    Esperanza Rising
    The City of Ember

12. LilYorkie

I am currently reading the series:
    Kingdom Keepers
    Cinderella Cleaners
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I have read:
    Several different Junior Novelizations (Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure. Teen Beach Movie, UP, Shake It Up,).
    Puppy Patrol (series)
    Kitty Corner (series)
    Puppy Place (Series)
    Magic Tree House (Series)
    Magic School Bus (Series)
    Geronimo Stilton, Thea Stilton, Crepella Von Cacklefur (Series)
    and so many others! (too many to name them all!!)

13. M

I am reading:
    Tales of a 4th grade nothing
    The 39 clues

i have read:
    Tales of a 4th grade nothing (12 time i think)
    The 39 clues (more times then needed)
    the one in the middle is a green kangaroo (3 times)

(that is all i can thing of)
    i have read over 30 books in the past year (that is 20 less then the year before that!)

14. dragoncat1774

Wings of fire (Ages 12 and up)is also a book series. The 39 clues, spirit animals and Percy Jackson (Ages 10-14 years) are my other favorite book series. So Please put them them on the list.

15. dreamtimedetermined14

I’m reading the Kane Chronicles, the Secret Series, A Series of Unfortunate Events, and A Wrinkle in Time (Age 10-15 years).