February 27, 2014

Winter Reading Games Event 4

Posted by at 1:41 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities, Reads | Permalink

olympicsbanner130Cast your favorite stars in a movie based on your favorite book!

So many books I love have been turned into movies: Harry Potter, Hunger Games, The Chronicles of Narnia, Percy Jackson . . . The list could go on and on! And while it’s super-exciting to see how different directors and actors interpret the stories and characters I’ve loved on the page, I can’t help but wonder how things would turn out if someone else played Peeta, or Hermione, or even Grover. That’s why our next Winter Reading Games event is . . . drumroll,  please . . . Dream Cast! Which actors would you choose to play the characters in a movie adaptation of YOUR favorite book?

Right now I’m reading The Lost Hero from the Heroes of Olympus series. My dream cast?

rosslynch      zendaya      cameronboyce

What book are YOU reading right now? If it were turned into a movie (or if it already has been), whom would you cast to play the characters? Share in the Comments section below!

PS. Are you coming to the Readathon on Saturday? It’s going to be EPIC!

image from kids.scholastic.com— En-Szu, STACKS Staffer

Image credits: Zendaya, Andrew Evans/PR Photos; Ross Lynch, Charles Edwards/PR Photos; Cameron Boyce, Disney Channel

1. gracie

i am reading the series dork diary and it really is a good book

they might of already came out with a movie is any one else reading it because i am brain dead right now i can barely type this someone please help me with the characters please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Mia

THE CHARTERERS ARE NIKKI MAXWELL , BRIANNA MAXWELL, NIKKI’S FATHER, NIKKI’S MOTHER, MACKENZIE, THE CCPS, BRANDON, AND CHLOE AND ZOEY. REPLY TO ME, GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Adorableazure51

My favorite book is The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle. I am almost certain a movie has been made, or is coming out, but I am not totally sure. So, for the cast…..
    Charlotte- Arianna Grande
    Captain Jaggery- Channing Tatum
    Zachariah- Morgan Freeman
    Ewing- Chris Hemsworth
    Rest-?

3. Midsummerbook13

I am reading 39 Clues: In Too Deep and I think the perfect cast would be:
    Victoria Justice would be Amy Cahill
    Cameron Boyce would be Dan Cahill
    Amy Poehler would be Grace Cahill, their grandmother
    Will Ferrell would be their dad
    Idinia Merzel would be Isabel
    Ariana Grande would be Nellie

4. redeyes230

I would make a movie of Allie Finkle’s Glitter Girls and the Great Fake Out. Some of the cast members would be Cameron Boyce, G from Dog With a Blog and Zendaya.

5. Elle

From Eight Keys:
    G. HANNELIUS is ELISE
    JACKSON BRUNDAGE is FRANKLIN
    PEYTON LIST is AMANDA
    JOEY KING is CAROLINE
    ABIGAIL BRESLIN is KATE
    RYAN NEWMAN is LINDSAY
    MIA TALERICO is AVA
    ELLE FANNING is ANNIE
    ANJELINA JOLIE is AUNT BESSIE

6. Isabella

Lost Hero? Great book!!!! i’m reading the third one The Mark Of Athena i don’t know who’d play the cast but it would be an amazing movie!! with all the action and the equipment holy cow!!!

7. ARROGANTVAMPIRE24

My favorite book is twilight (grade 9 and up) but I think it would be better if :

JACOB – TREY SONGZ
    EDWARD – STERLING NIGHT
    BELLA – KIRSTEN DUNST

8. Nada is awesome

OMG ross lynch <3
    now i'm reading divergent and gathering blue
    Divergent is already a movie so for gathering blue
    Kira: Debby Ryan but hair dyed
    Vandara: The Trunchbull from Matilda but idk the real name
    Matt: Ross lynch kid version
    i didn't finish the book and those are just the major characters

9. breezebrain39

This is from the book Mousenet:

For Megan I would pick Madison Pettis