February 10, 2014

Ask an Olympic Gold Medalist

Extra! Extra!Slopestyle Gold Medalist Sage Kotsenburg Answers YOUR Questions

I don’t know about you, but I was glued to my TV screen on Saturday night, watching the Sochi Olympic Slopestyle event where a 20-year-old American named Sage Kotsenburg won the gold medal. I can’t even imagine what was going on in his mind before his gold-winning run, how excited he was when he won, and what his life is like now that he’s an Olympic gold medalist. It must be so cool to be in the Olympics and win a medal!

Sage Kotsenburg at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics

Photo credit: Chris Wellhausen

If you have ever wanted to ask a question of a real-life Olympian, now is your chance because Sage Kotsenburg will be answering STACKers’ questions! If you have any questions about snowboarding, the Olympics, or that amazing gold medal, leave them in the Comments.

Click here for the answers. Maybe your question will get answered!

1. horsemagic140

I have decided I want to become an figure pair skating group of America do you think I will make it and plus I practice routines at home!? What does it feel like to be a gold medalist?

2. Winterninja3

Congratulations on the medal! If you couldn’t be a snowboarder, what other career would you choose? Also do you have a favorite book?

3. Elle

Hi! My name is Elle. I loved watching you on TV! What is it like being in the Olympics, and being in a spot like this?
    Thank you!
    Elle

4. Sonja

Do you like swimming because I love swimming? I got in 3rd place for a swim meet and that was the first time I went to a swim meet…

5. SkyBlueLover

I know that this is a really awkward question, but I want to know how much a gold medal is worth? And what were your emotions before you actually started ; did you pray to god or anything(only if u believe in god )?

Great job !!!!

6. breezebrain39

How does you feel when you’re competing against others? Also, what training do you have to go through to compete in the Olympics?

7. Ember

What were your feelings right before the run? Scared? Nervous? Excited?
    Who is your inspiration?
    How long do you have to train on average each year?
    Congrats on getting the gold medal ^-^

8. catbrain205

Hi, Sage! Nice to meet you! A question I wondered is how nerve racking is it just waiting for the awards to be announced? Who would you dedicate the medal too (basically, who do you appreciate the most for their support and enthusiasm, etc.) Thanks! Have a great rest of your day.

9. GorrilaPolorBear757

Was it gruesome training for the Olympics and is there anything that while you were training you dreaded doing? Also congrats on winning! Go Team USA!