January 2, 2014

Whatever After: Name the Book Part 2!

Posted by at 1:46 pm in Reads, Whatever After | Permalink

WhateverAfterBlogPost[2]YOU choose the book title!

Last year, we asked STACKS readers to vote for the title of an upcoming Whatever After book. Author Sarah Mlynowski appreciated your help so much that you get to pick the title of the sixth book in the series, too! That’s right, YOU get to decide the title of the next Whatever After book!

For those of you not familiar with the series, in each book Abby and her younger brother visit a different fairy tale and accidentally mess up the stories. They have to fix everything so the characters can have their happy endings.

Book 6 takes Abby to the story of Beauty and the Beast. Which do you think would be the best title for the story?

Title Choices:

• Sitting Pretty
  • Beautylicious
  • Beauty Queen

UPDATE: This poll is now closed. The winner is Beauty Queen! Thanks for voting! Visit scholastic.com/whateverafter to learn more about the books and to play the dress up game.

1. the rose beatuy

I think it goes along the lines of beatuy and the rose she finds in the castle in the movie

2. emeraldkitten431

I think it should have been beautylicious. beauty queen doesn’t sound right also same with sitting pretty

3. Lucy

Dear Sarah,
    I am A. HUGE fan of yours.
    I have all your Whatever After books, but I have ordered
    Bad Hair Day from Scholastic book orders. Lucy is not
    even my real name, but I didn’t want
    to give away my REAL name. To be honest, I’m a a lot like Abby.
    I like things straight and neat, and I want to play freeze tag the
    real way, I LOVE fairytales, including fractured fairytales, And
    maybe I want to win the spelling bee at school ( I read a sample).
    Sincerely and truly,
    Lucy
    PS, I like Beauty Queen the best, and yeah, I know I talk a lot

4. BestSparkleDoctor1285

Dear Sarah,
    I have and have read all of your books. I ordered Bad Hair Day on Scholastic book orders.
    I was going to vote for Beauty Queen because it makes sense and it matches all of your other book titles. But I discovered that Beauty Queen already won! But you are my MOST favorite author. Maybe you could send Beauty Queen as a gift? Anyways, Good Luck, and Have Fun!
    Sincerely,
    BestSparkleDoctor1285

5. angelqueen13

I totally ADORE Wharever After,and it is so interestling! I love how Sarah isso nice to let us vote for the title. I think the book will be amazing,and everyone will enjoy it.

6. sarah

hello I think that the next book should be about the people that were the prince’s staff that got turned in to objects trying to find a girl to break the curse befor it is to late and would be called finding beauty!!!

7. rachelle

i think beauty queen will fit just perfect because it has to do with pretty but sitting pretty also shows a lot of info just like beauty queen.

8. Khadijah

My sister JUST found this website and when me and my sister go to the library, WE ARE GETTING THAT BOOK! Looks like Abby just got a new fan!

9. aka@jay jay

I think the book should be about repunzel too because its about a baby named repunzel got tooken away from her parents and her hair was long and then one day her hair got cut off and the prince that she met was not able to climb her hair anymore

10. allie

the name should be short hair should be about Rapunzel they accidently cut off Rapunzel ‘s hair so now the prince can ‘t climb her hair .

11. Maddie

I think you should pick Beauty Queen,but you should be able to pick what ever you want you are the auther.ps. i love your book serious.

12. Sophie D

Depends on the book. But Beautylicious sounds more like a makeup guide than a book name, get the point? Beauty Queen i think would suit the book, but i don’t know. Sitting Pretty is like, sit down correctly, Belle! Like she’s a princess already. But, hey, i don’t know the true meaning. I’m just a kid :3. Although, Beauty Queen works if some of her personality atmostshperes. Sitting Pretty goes with the other books perfectly, and, well, sounds kind of like the movie. My two besties are Beauty Queen and Sitting Pretty!!

1. karinammariee

I have changed my mind because of your you make a great point SITTING PRETTY is my vote now

13. Ally

I don’t read these books; nor would I want to because I hate fairy tales, except Zelda, which doesn’t count. My mom compares Link to an elf and it’s SO annoying.

14. tomi

what do people do when they want to learn well some people go on programs and some go to school and study but the write thing to do is to go to school that is what i do to learn every day i love going to school because you learn and when you get a day off you have at my house a party and you get toys and candy that is all i have to say

15. Lynn

I think it should be beauty queen because sitting pretty desn’t really describe it and beautylicious dosent sound right.

16. Akayla

Dear Author,

Hello there, I have never read your books but, I think that the best title is “sitting pretty”. But another way to go is to follow your heart and see which one your heart chooses,believe me when I say that it will lead you towards the light. Who knows maybe one day I will read your books and I will like it.

Sincerely,Akayla

1. jenny10119200

17. Sportsnecklace12

I love that she is giving us a choice about what we want to say about her title and the way we like stuff. The way she always makes me feel about her books are very interesting because she uses fairy tales and makes them more interesting by adding her personal I think the book title should be SITTING PRETTY.

18. Belle

seems to get a good ammount of visitors. How do you get traffic to it? It offers a nice unique spin on things. I guess having something real or substantial to talk about is the most important thing. wish you all the best in 2014!

19. Destiny

I love the whatever after books i all ready have the books that come out there so a das of bling a ding ding

1. Nope, totally Beauty Queen.

Beautylicious doesn’t really scream, “Beauty and The Beast!” at me. Beauty Queen makes for a better title because the book is about Beauty and the Beast going wayward, but Beautylicious doesn’t really show that, neither does it attract interest. I, personally, would be more gripped by a book called Beauty Queen than one called Beautylicious. Also, if Sarah Mlynowski wants us to help choose a title, why doesn’t she add an excerpt to help us see which title would best suit the book? (No Offense.)