January 17, 2014

Dove Cameron in Cloud 9

Posted by at 12:00 pm in Celebrities | Permalink

Dove Cameron in Cloud 9The Disney Channel Original Movie Cloud 9 premieres Friday, January 17 at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT.

The story of Cloud 9 follows Kayla (played by Dove Cameron), a prima donna snowboarder who was just unceremoniously dropped from her team and forced to train with Will (played by Luke Benward), LUKE BENWARD in Cloud 9a former snowboarding champion who’s struggling after a career-ending wipe-out. A video capturing it went viral, branding him an “epic fail” on the Internet.

Now, as Kayla trains with Will to redeem her stature, he creates a regimen that will test her commitment to continue in the snowboarding competition circuit. Meanwhile, Kayla must somehow inspire Will to overcome his biggest obstacle — self-doubt. Together, the two learn that nothing is impossible.

You may recognize Luke Benward (a. k. a. Will) because he played Teddy’s boyfriend, Beau, on Good Luck Charlie. And you know Dove Cameron (Kayla) from Liv & Maddie.

I got the chance to meet Dove when she stopped by Scholastic this week to talk about her favorite books. She is super-sweet and so pretty! Watch the video.

What do you think? Will you be watching Cloud 9? Leave a Comment. And to read about a real-live Winter Olympian, meet 18-year-old Torin Yater-Wallace.

Photos courtesy DISNEY CHANNEL/Fred Hayes

1. fantasticvapor9

I loved the movie cloud 9. I love that you posted such a interesting movie. With my favorite star Dove Cameron. So do you like the movie to Sonj?

2. Diana

hi Dove Cameron have you read The Girl With The Silver Eyes i am a big fan of you on cloud9 and on liv and maddie it is amazing that you play both the chaters

3. celebratingblack388

I just love cloud 9 especially when Luke (Wen) kisses Kayla!!!!!!!!! It is sooooo romantic!!!! I JUST LOVE ROMANCE!!!!!

4. celebratingblack388

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I <3 DOVE CAMERON!!!!!!! I am like her #1 fannnn! She is just like me!! She loves to sing and play basketball and of course ACTING!!!!!!

5. sophia

I love watching this movie I love the part when Will falls and Kayla said I do not know what I will do with out you

6. butterflybreeze78

what’s cloud 9 never heard of it (besides the ads)is it a new Disney movie? is it appropriate for 9 year olds??

7. JEAN

I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THE KISSSS!

8. mihicool

OMG best movie ever, snowboarding’s hard (trust I’m still black and blue from when I went) and Dove Cameron mastered it in the nick of time, if I was I would be proud.:):):););):)

9. T

I love your show I love drove Cameron and Luke beneard and Nate from cloud9 so I hope you make another one please I whatch cloud9 everyday because it is recorded

10. Hailey

I watched it for the sixth time today!!!!!! My favorite part is whem Kayla does the cloud 9 and Sam Deke and Will come and hug her!!!!!!

11. al is love

omg it was the best movie ever I recorded it and watched it 5 times its amazing all those tricks they can do cloud 9 looks really hard I snow board and my mom sai don’t even try it so even my mom is scared of that trick

12. calmaqua66

I watched “Cloud 9″, I think it is SUCH a cute movie!!! I would recommend it to whoever asked for recommendations. I agree, Dove Cameron is such a cute girl and you are lucky to have met her. Thanks for this!!

13. a c

I whant to say hi and that I’m writing my own blog and um I just like cloud 9 and my favorite charachter is dove camron she has a lot of experements in her life and I just wish I could be an actress like her and I love her she is realy awsome and that’s all I have to say so goodluck dove camron go out tere and show the world what you can do.:-) :-) :-)