December 2, 2013

Book Nerd Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:30 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

writing_prompt_bookBook Nerd and Proud!

You’d rather finish your book than watch TV. You drop food on your book because reading and eating dinner at the same time is challenging (my sincere apologies to the Pleasant Hills Public Library!). Your mom tells you you’re going to Disney World, but you just look up from your book and say . . . “Huh?” Admit it – you’re a book nerd, and proud of it!

Today’s Writing Prompt is for you. Finish this sentence. . .

booknerd We can’t wait to hear what you guys say in the Comments below! Be proud and read ON!

–Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. Morgan

You know you are a book nerd when you get upset when a book ends, stay up to all hours to finish a book, read like there is no tomorrow, your parents get mad because you read all the time, read instead of eating dinner, when someone calls you a “nerd” because you can’t put a book down, and a million other reasons! :)

2. artcobra128

I am a book nerd because I love raeding!I have lots of fun when raeding mostly A Series of Unfortnate Events books.
    I love raeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. breezebrain39

You do ANYTHING (anything at all) to read every second of your life, or at least keep track of books each day, when they’re coming out, how you’re going to get enough money to get those books, and when your mom is asking what you want for dinner, you have exactly NO IDEA what’s she’s saying, and just say yes not knowing what you’re talking about in her face while you have your nose in a book.

4. Maycee

I’m a book nerd because I’d rather read then play on an iPod! I also take a book shopping, sledding, etc.! My favorite series is Dork Diaries!

5. UNICORNRED40

Even though i dont think its a good idea to be a book nerd coz people make fun of you. but reading books improves your education!!

6. madalyn

read a book a day ,act like your in that world, doesn’t care if the book is thick, when you read avoid reality and BE PROUD TO BE A BOOK NERD.

7. bookbird120

You know you’re a book nerd when you miss an instruction the teacher gave you because you get absorbed in your book, and when you read more in a week than your friends do in a month.

8. Redangel169

when you are reading in your room with the light on and your parents say turn off the light and go to bed you have school in the morning.

9. coffeechihuahua23

I know i’m a book nerd when….
    I spend HOURS at the library trying to find a book because i already read them all.

10. Anonymous

when you read 10 books a week constantly for a year.then get grounded from it so you aren`t so absorbed in reading. by one year you`ll problubly know how to control your reading.NOT!11111111111111111111

11. wolfhockey57

I am digging through a million books at once. True fact. Never try it, because you get lost in which book you are in, and what the plot is.

12. Greendinosaur596

HI, EVERYBODY GOOD AFTERNOON SO HAVE Y,ALL READ JACK AND ANNIE BOOKS BECAUSE I DO AT SCHOOL AND AT HOME……………P.S LET,S GO STACKS

13. Greendinosaur596

omg!!!!! i,m a book nerddddddddddddddd cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never knew i was a book nerd that is crazy right !!!!! Greendinosaur596….. peace guys. ps.let,s go stacks

14. Applecash20

I am a nerd because i make good grades i love to read and always watch witch and monster.My face is always in my book my favorite is haunted museum

15. your right

every one sayes i am a nerd because of my glasses and the books in my hand but i dont care ……………….. no body should care what other people say you have to live your OWN life

16. MIKALA

when your mom tells you to go outside and exercise and all you do is hide in the shed with a flashlight and read your book ; ]

1. pinkey lover

l.o.l totes fine im not a nerd im a diva omg:) i like two boys but who shuod i pick mark or bradeny

1. Greendinosaur596

i,m havig the best book fair ever tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… peace!

17. basketballcalm23

you know when your a book nerd when you get in trouble in class for reading during instruction, or when your parents ask you to do something and you don’t know what they said because you were reading

18. Jayla

You know you’re a book nerd when…
    You’d rather read a book series of a show rather than watch the show yourself.

19. maeve

you know you’re a book nerd when you are reading a book and somebody give you soming you don’t want because you weren’t paying attention and you just said “m-m”

1. Greendinosaur596

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THE LIABARY AND SEEN BOOK NERDS????????????????? PS. ARE YOU A GIRL OR A BOY?

20. Ariella

you stroll in the halls with a book that’s filled with WORDS and stare at it for over a hour! I think I’m describing myself! LOL

21. aquadolphin3925

I know I’m a book nerd when I take a chapter book to lunch and read instead of eat and then after lunch comes recess which is when I finish reading instead of playing

22. Pottergirl

I’m a BOOK NERD!! And I’m really proud of being obsessed with it. I read The Hunger Games trilogy in less than three days and I’m obsessed with Harry Potter. I know I’m book nerd, when I realize my best friend is a book, when I prefer books, instead of TV or video games or when I wait to do something else right after a finish a page and it becomes a whole chapter or the whole book.

23. Hannah

You know you’re a book nerd when you imagine your surroundings as part of your book.
    You know you’re a book nerd when you draw scenes from your book.
    You know you’re a book nerd when you read underneath your desk at school.
    You know you’re a book nerd when you scream when you hear a new addition of your favorite series is coming out.
    You know you’re a book nerd when a new episode of your favorite show is on, but you read anyway.

24. Anna

You know you’re a book nerd when you keep saying” Just one more page,just one more page” until your parents yell at you to go to bed. This has happened to me many times.

25. Anonymous

when you keep saying “Just one more page, just one more page.” until your parents yell at you to go to bed. Happened to me once.

26. Anonymous

You know you’re a book nerd when you trip up saying a word because you have read it in your favorite book so many times but never said it out loud.

27. bluepurple370

Yes it happens to everyone. When you are refusing to do anything or to eat anything. Like you rather read than watch television or you rather read than eat food. I do that sometimes. When the book so good that you can’t do anything else but read.

28. Isabella

You know that you’re a book nerd when you read all night and then in the morning you say: “Uh oh! I read all night” and then you go to school with your homework not done, and then you fall asleep in class.

29. Jolie

You know when your a book nerd when you read a new book you never heard of before, loved it, and wished you had more books just like it! You don’t want to get out of the book. You just keep reading! When I first read a How I Survived Middle School book I could not stop reading it!

30. gigglymonkey118

when you stay up past 2 to finish a book then realize you did not do homework and only stop reaading when you gotta pee badliy

31. breezebrain39

You know you are a book nerd when you get an “A+” in reading, say no to getting a bunch of money because you are reading your newly finished, self written book, when you have a HUGE collection of bookmarks and books that you’ve read more than twice, and, when you can’t sleep surrounded by books!

32. Firegirl

I think your a nerd when you get so lost in a book that when you sleep you turn your self into Catnes or a really Awsome book character. :)

33. Cierra

You Know your a book nerd when you can spell everything and when you wake up at 3:00 in the morning to finish a book.

34. UniqueFreak

you read Harry Potter for 3 straight hours, then you look up and say, “What! It’s 7 ‘o clock?,” and rush to finish your H.W. Happened to me once! (;

35. ghostblue21

Your parents start yelling at you to do something else for a change.
    No seriously, that’s happened before. That wasn’t a happy day.

36. Vampirewizard60

It’s true! I started to easily read and eat at the same time… wait, I just have to finish this one page.

1. Greendinosaur596

That,s what i,m asking DRAMADRAMA247 WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE FRIENDS ON STACKS CAUSE I DON,T HAVE ANY PLEASE DRAMADRAMA247

37. ambersnow38

You plan ahead when you’re going to read. You judge your friends by what they read. You generally have a pile of unread books, possibly beside the bed, and you buy them at a faster rate than you can read them. You’re reading this and thinking you could actually be reading a good book instead………

1. hefeastuscat6

u stay up till 10pm reading MAY BIRD and yelling (in ur head) and crying (silently) and loling and basicly feeling like a spirit in the ever after.
      if u know what i am talking about plz comment. :-) 2 all of may’s fans!!!

1. butterflybreeze78

Well I’m commenting and this is what I will say. ~ I am a book nerd that’s what my e sisters say that am. Anyway read so much I pay half of the attention in my life. Literately!! :)

38. Emma-Grace

when ‘someone’ tells u on the bus “nerd!” while pointing at u. It’s soooo annoying!!!! (just saying!)