November 29, 2013

The Giver Movie

Posted by at 1:31 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

giver130The Giver by Lois Lowry

It’s almost December, which means it’s the holiday season! December is also an exciting time of the year in Lois Lowry’s The Giver, but for a different reason. Jonas, who has turned twelve, will now participate in the annual Ceremony where he and his other twelve-year-old friends receive their life assignments. His friends Fiona and Asher are named Caretaker of the Old and Assistant Director of Recreation, but Jonas gets a very unusual assignment. His selection lands him with a man known as the Giver . . . and he begins an adventure that will change his life forever.

The movie version of The Giver will be released in theaters August 2014. If you, like me, are a hugeBrentonThwaite fan of the book, you’re also probably curious to find out which actors have been cast! Great news: we have the details! Meryl Streep will star as the Chief Elder, and a few other famous names will be in there as well including Jeff Bridges (the Giver), Katie Holmes (Jonas’s mom), and Alexander Skarsgård (Jonas’s dad). Jonas will be played by Australian actor Brenton Thwaites, and Taylor Swift (!) will also be making an appearance as Rosemary.

That’s Brenton in the pic. Did you know that he is actually 24 years old? That’s twice as old as the character of Jonas in the book. How do you think this might change the story? (If you haven’t already, be sure to read the book before you see the movie!)

Are any of you fans of The Giver? Are you excited for the movie? Share your thoughts in the Comments!

En-Szu, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. MidnightMagic5)

1. Emeraldblue222

I think it will not change the movie because it’s going to be about age it’s going to be about how he plays the role.

2. RavenCupid6

I love the book The Giver! It is literally my fav book of all time! I seriously can’t wait until the movie comes out!

3. ashna

i never herd of it but made i can watch the movie or read the book my friend said that she herd that a movie or a book was coming out in 2014 i’m going tho ask my mom and dad to let see the movie in dvd i know they going said no i know them

4. GeneralThor20

BEST BOOK EVER!! Life would be pretty bad without simple things like colors, snow,and warmth. It’s so sad how the lighter baby gets killed when there are twins. I read the book a long time ago like a year ago, but what’s the point of the giver? Does he just becomes a giver, just does nothing and teaches the other giver stuff? Reply to me if you know the answer.

5. pinkbutterfly3311

I can’t wait to watch the movie! I thought there wouldn’t be a movie. Still, great news! Who is Taylor Swift acting as?

6. venusmystery7

I haven’t read the book,but i rad more books out of my level and i’m ten.
    I’ve read the odyssey of Homer,and other books that are supposed to be for 15+
    Anyways to get to the point I’ve seen a girl with that book it looked boring to me at first,but when i have read the what the book is a bout it sounded rather interesting.

1. Jamie

The Giver is definitely worth reading. It was one of my favorite books when I was your age, and I too was reading at highly advanced levels. I bet if you’re doing so well with other books, you will get a lot out of the complex themes in this book. Hope you enjoy it!

7. seapiglet4

i don’t know that book but that boy is cute. maybe i can read it one day. I hopei can find it at my school or at libary.

8. 321HCL413

This book was very good, and it is part of a trilogy. (which I read :)
    I would recommend this book for 13+, because I think you would understand it more fully.
    Happy Reading!
    H

9. GorrilaPolorBear757

OMG! I love the book. Strange ending though… Anyway, I love Taylor Swift! She’s awesome. If you saw the grammys you would know Jennifer Lawence (Kattniss) beat Meryl Streep. I love Jennifer. But i wanna see why she beat Meryl so… i’m really excited! Brenten looks cool.