November 6, 2013
The Baby-sitters Club: The Truth About Stacey
The STACKS Book Club is back with a brand new book! For those of you who are new to the STACKS Book Club, each month we choose a new book to read together. Then, we talk about our favorite parts of the book right here on the Ink Splot 26 blog! We’re always welcoming new members, so whether you’ve joined previous meetings or this is your first time, please join the conversation!
This month we’re reading The Baby-sitters Club: The Truth About Stacey in honor of National Diabetes Month. In this classic book, Stacey is diagnosed with diabetes and learns about the hardships that come with this disease. Meanwhile, Stacey and her friends face off against a rival group of baby-sitters! Continue reading
November 5, 2013
Season Personality Quiz
Desertchief19 created a Personality Quiz to determine which season you are most like. Answer these questions and come back next week to find out your results.
1. What are your favorite colors? A) Gray, dark blue, and white. B) Green, light red, and light pink. C) Dark red, gold, and dark pink\salmon pink. D) Brown, orange, and yellow.
2. What is your favorite holiday? A) Christmas! Hanukkah! I love unwrapping presents and watching snow fall. B) Easter! Passover! C) Uhh . . . does the last day of school count? I just can’t wait to have some fun in the sun! D) Halloween! It’s a delight to eat candy and hear the sound of leaves scrunching under my feet.
3. Which activity sounds most fun to you? A) Ice skating. B) Having a picnic with friends. C) Swimming in the cool ocean at the beach. D) Helping cook a big feast for Thanksgiving.
4. What drink sounds most delicious? A) Hot cocoa. B) Water. C) A milkshake. D) Ehh . . . I’m not that into drinks.
5. Which days do you like best? A) Snowy days! B) Warm days (but not too warm!) C) Hot days (maybe with some rain). D) Chilly days with lots of colorful leaves on the ground.
Click here for your results and go visit Desertchief on the Message Boards!
— Sonja, STACKS Staffer
November 4, 2013
What I Love About My School
Maybe it’s not the cafeteria food. Maybe it’s not that smell of sweaty socks that comes from the locker room after boys’ football practice. But we know there are reasons that live deep in your heart . . . why you love your school!
Every school is awesome in its own way, so tell us what’s cool about your school!
Let us know in the Comments below . . .
—Ratha, Stacks Writer
November 1, 2013
Support our Troops with Snacks!
Halloween is over and I know you have tons of candy, like seriously, way more than you need. You can use some of that candy to make a difference. Send it to U. S. troops stationed overseas. They didn’t get to celebrate Halloween at home this year, and opening a care package with your Halloween candy would really cheer them up. Plus, they might share some of the candy with local kids where they are stationed, spreading the love all over the world!
Here’s what to do:
- Check with your parents first to make sure it’s ok.
- Pack up your extra Halloween candy in a box.
- Mail it to the address below by December 5.
Operation Gratitude/California Army National Guard
17330 Victory Boulevard
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Attn: Angel Cuevas/Receiving
While you’re at it, why not write a nice letter and include it with your candy? A simple “Thanks for all you do!” would make the package that much sweeter for a serviceman or woman. But remember, never give your personal information to a stranger – no last names, addresses, or phone numbers!
Leave a Comment and tell us how much candy YOU are giving to the troops.
— Sonja, STACKS Staffer