October 28, 2013

Not-So-Scary Halloween Quiz

Posted by at 1:50 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

halloweenIt is only 3 more days until Halloween, and we are in a frenzy of excitement! Moderator Katie wrote this Halloween quiz on the STACKS Buzz Board. Don’t worry. It’s not scary. It’s just to find out what Halloween is like for YOU.

1. Do you celebrate Halloween? (If no, the quiz is over.)
  2. What are you going to be this year?
  3. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
  4. What is your earliest Halloween memory?
  5. What’s the funniest costume you’ve ever seen?
  6. What do you usually give out at your house to trick-or-treaters?
  7. What would you do if I said “trick” when you knocked on my door?
  8. What’s your favorite Halloween movie/TV show?
  9. Any Halloween traditions in your house?
  10. What does your school do for Halloween?

Leave your answers in the Comments, or go over the Buzz Board to read everyone else’s answers.

1. Olivia

Do you celebrate Halloween? (If no, the quiz is over.)

Yes, I do. It’s so fun. I couldn’t bear to miss out on everything, including the festivities.

What are you going to be this year?

I am going to be a detective. This is sort of a last-minute decision, though.

What is your favorite Halloween candy?

I adore Tootsie Rolls and Tootsie Roll Pops. They just taste so good.

What is your earliest Halloween memory?

I think my earliest memory of Halloween would take place in preschool, when I was Sleeping Beauty, I believe. Everything was just fine until I lost my candy. Then, after an hour of searching, I finally found it!

What’s the funniest costume you’ve ever seen?

I think it would be a banana. Actually, during our school Halloween parade last year, there was a kid dressed like a banana! It was probably so embarrassing. Feel pity for him!

What do you usually give out at your house to trick-or-treaters?

We usually hand out Snickers, Kit Kat, and Milky Way, but I always get disappointed when there are no Tootsie Rolls.

What would you do if I said “trick” when you knocked on my door?

I would whine, “Hey, no tricks! Just treats!”

What’s your favorite Halloween movie/TV show?

I love Girl vs. Monster, featuring Olivia Holt, Luke Benward, and Kat McNamara. An average teenage girl discovers that her parents are monster hunters!

Any Halloween traditions in your house?

Not really. I wish we could do something like that, but I guess not. Only thing is, every year, I put up a hand-drawn poster that says funny Halloween puns and stuff like, “Enjoy Halloween!” but nothing much.

What does your school do for Halloween?

No backpacks, no homework. We have a parade and everyone shows off their costumes. We spend the day doing art and activities. Even the teachers dress up. I can’t wait! I wonder what my teacher will be. She said it’s a surprise….

1. browniemystery18

50′s waitress
      twix and tootsie roll pops
      being june from the little einsteins
      a box of bubblegum
      milky way, snickers, kit-kats, you know, that type of candy.
      roll my eyes and walk away
      dreamworks halloween specials
      we hand out the same candy every year
      we have a big parade! it was supposed to be outside, but it was more fun inside! almost all the staff were dominoes! :-)

2. Karleigh

1. YEAH,OF COURSE
    2. a blue butterfly
    3. chocolate,OF COURSE
    4. trick-or-treating
    5. a boy dressed as (duck dynasty star) SI !!
    6. candy,DUH
    7. SCREAM AND RUN
    8. SPIDER WICK
    9. no, or i don’t know it
    10. we have a FALL CARNIVAL

3. soccerblue449

1. Yes 2. Don’t know yet, which is scary considering how close Halloween is :) 3. Definitely Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, I love them 4. Being a cheerleader for Halloween when I was like five 5. I don’t really remember seeing any funny costumes 6. Nothing ;) 7. I don’t know what I would do 8. Charlie Brown the Halloween movie 9. Carving jackolanterns 10. Nothing special cuz I’m homeschooled.

4. GorrilaPolorBear757

1. Yes
    2. Kattniss
    3. CHOCOLATE!!
    4. Being Cinderella
    5. Chili Pepper
    6. Bite Size Chocolate
    7. Close it
    8. Twiches
    9. No
    10. Costume Contest

5. Payton T

1.yes 2.mad hatter 3.chocolate bar 4.when I was 4 I was tinker bell 5.one time I saw someone as a clown 6.I give out candy bars 7.I would run away 8.Hocus Pocus 9.we have a Halloween party 10.My school has a trunk or treat

6. Gurher

Yes I celebrate Halloween. I plan to be an old lady.i love chocolate.ive seen a toilet costume. I give out chocolate.i would do a magic trick.my school does nothing.:(

7. Em

Princess (im 13 dont worry! im not a little kid)
    Candy corn by far
    idk
    Some kid was a shark eating a boy
    Sour patch and other candy
    I would say uh okay and leave
    Halloween Town
    We put out our decorations on Oct 1 or 12th no exceptions
    Nothing :( its a sad life

8. Aubreanna

1.yes
    2.a cheerleader
    3.suckers
    4.last year
    5.a ghost that’s moving on wheels
    6.nothing cause I trick or treat
    7.think you gonna play a trick on me
    8.The Little Vampire
    9.yes
    10.wear our costumes(the whole entire day)

9. Adventurepegaus10

1.Partially, I do eat candy but I don’t trick or treat or wear a costume. I’m in middle school(but that’s fine because I like my school)
    2. Nothing but last year I was Harry Potter
    3. Crunch and Hershey cookie and cream
    4. When I wore a witch hat(before I attended school) and went trick or treating along with my brothers
    5. Ostrictch
    6.?_? Barely anyone comes to my house because I live in a residential street
    7.slam the door in your face and if you don’t leave or commit a prank then call the police
    8.?_? I barely ever watched one
    9.No…
    10.nothing, they even sent a notice home saying that there will be no funny business and I have a research skills and technology test(where there are so many things to memorize:()
    Be Warned:HALLOWEEN IS THE MOST MENANCING DAY IN THE YEAR!!!

10. Vflicka

1. Yes, I do.
    2. Vampire!!
    3. Lollipop
    4. Scared a old woman
    5. A troll-face
    6. What?
    7. Throwing a cake straight in your face :)
    8. Dracula
    9. Celebrate with music and maybe have a halloween-party.
    10. We making pumpkins and drawing spooky things.

1. bobsB

Yes, skeleton ,chocolate,going into school as a witch in junior infants, guy carrying his head .
      Bit of everything nothng in particular, slam the door, nightmare before christmas , no , dress up.