October 4, 2013

Jennifer Stone in Deadtime Stories

JStoneIf you like scary stories, read on . . .

Did you watch the first episode of Deadtime Stories (rated TV-PG) last night? What did you think? If you liked it, then you’ll like this interview with Jennifer Stone. She plays the cool, funny babysitter on the show who reads the kids those scary stories. Wouldn’t you love to have an awesome babysitter like her? Be sure to read to the end of the interview because Jennifer has a scary story starter for YOU to complete in the Comments.

Q: What is Deadtime Stories about?
Jennifer: Deadtime Stories is a show based on the tales from the book series by Annette and Gina Cascone. Each week, the babysitter invites the kids and the audience to venture into a new hair-raising tale.

Q: Which do you think is the scariest episode?
Jennifer: I don’t know about the scariest, but I love “The Beast of Baskerville.” A group of kids have a camp-out in Baskerville and discover that the legends about a half-human beast with horns and hooves may be true! [You can watch this episode on October 10.]Marlene_Dietrich

Q: What are your Halloween plans this year?
Jennifer: I’m not sure about plans yet, but I am thinking about being Marlene Dietrich [a glamorous film star from the 1930s and 40s].

Q: What is your best or funniest/most embarrassing Halloween memory?
Jennifer:
 When I was younger, I was scared out of my wits while trick-or-treating by someone I thought was a scarecrow decoration — until they moved! I’ve never looked at scarecrows the same since! [OMG! It's just like those creepy scarecrows in the "Invasion of the Appleheads" episode!]

Q: If you were going to write a scary story, what would be the first line?
Jennifer
There was a sense of unease throughout the city streets that night . . .

Oooh. . . .what is going to happen next? Write the next line of the story in the Comments. Let’s write a scary story to make Jennifer Stone proud!

— Sonja, STACKS Staffer

1. Olivia

There was a sense of unease throughout the city streets that night. Every fifty years in New York City, there was a zombie apocalypse. That apocalypse would … would happen in four days. The humid four-days-before-Halloween night was vicious and scary. The people who had died would come back to life as ghosts. For some, it was an excellent opportunity to meet deceased relatives. But for others, it was an interference. The zombies scared the wits out of tourists. The zombies could even kill What the citizens didn’t know that one person could stop the apocalypse. That citizen just had to visit Zombiesville, find the Zombie King, and convince him to stop the zombies before it’s too late – in four nights. Who was that person? Could the curse that had caused the apocalypse five hundred years earlier be broken?

2. Anonymous

I need help my crush read my dairy,then we fight .i wrote him a note tat said i will leave him tell wed.if not to never say my name,but did not meant it and if he never talk’s to me.helpppp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Chloee

I tackle Him to the Ground. You can’t be The Dog. I look at The Boy. He had Jet Black Hair, About 5″10 and Storngly Bulit. You can’t be The Dog. Dog’s have 4 Leg’s and A Tail. Who ARE You Tell Me The Truth. I’am The Dog! The Boy Say’s. My Name Is Conan Claws. I’m one of the Wolfexzlef Specis or more commonly know WereWolves. He Say’s. What? I ask. Let Me Explain. You are a WereWolf. Harriet Moon. I’am? What? I ask. Let Me Tell You Everthing. The Pack Leader’s sent Me to Train You for Tommrrow. You are a WereWolf. Tommrrow is Halloween also Your 13th Birthday. Tommrrow Moring You will turn into a Wolf. And Tommrrow Night the Beast is coming Back for Reavenge. You are Our only Hope. You know You were Adopted. What? You were Adopted those aren’t You real Parent’s. I know. I know I was Adopted. Well that Mark on Your Right Hand is the Wolf Mark. He take’s My Hand to show Me the Paw shaped Mark on My Hand. You are a WereWolf Harry. And the Beast is Coming for Evil reason’s. You will be the one to save Us.

4. Chloee

I was tackled to the ground by a….. Dog? Those weren’t fang’s those it licking My Face. Down Boy Down! I said laughing gasping for air. Hey Boy are You lost? I shearch for a Collar. None. Come on Boy. I’ll take You Home. I take a Better Look at The Dog. He was really big even for a Dog. He had A Black coat with Wite spot’s on his Right Leg. And Gorgeous Amber Eye’s. And the biggest Teeth ever. He’s got to be part Husky. I think. Come on. I quietly open the Fornt Door. My Mom and Dad were watching a Rom-Com. Well My Mom was watching it My Dad was trying to not fall asleep. I sneak up Stair’s. Harry? Is that You? My Mom asked. Yeah. I’m just going to get ready for sleep. Ok Honey. Night. Night Mom. My Dad Starr’s to Snore. Nathen! Huh What?! Oh sorry. Night Kiddio. Night Dad. I close My Door. Ok Buddy. I say to the Dog. You can sleep with Me Tonight. I’ll find Your Owner’s Tommrrow. I cuddle up next to The Dog. What? I look at My Alarm Clock. 12:00. Midnight? I think. I was woken up by a lLight. I get up and walk toward’s My Closet where the Light was coming from. I Open the Door. I scream. I come Face to Face with a Boy about My Age. Who Are You? I ask. The Boy. I’m The Dog.

5. sunshinebutterfly77

then you realize it was your friend. ‘ BOO’ your friend scared you and say’s ‘ do you want to check that hose that is in the woods’.'no it look’s scary for me’ . ‘come on it’s not that far .’.'okay but for only a few minutes’. you go in the house when the doors slam right behind you,you screamed.’Let’s go up stairs maybe there will’ ,’aaaahhhhhhhhh’ what you saw a ghost ‘. ‘No worst i think i saw bloody mary on that brohken glass.

FIND OUT TOMORROW IF THEY COME OUT SAFELY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jennifer

There was a sense of unease throughout the city streets that night . . . it was a shadow as dark as black, and it came closer and closer. as i ran i could fell my teeth getting sharper and sharper! “hey wait!” said my crush, my lips got swollen and fangs came out! he couldn’t see my white face in the dark. “you did not say good by-” i bit him he fell down
    “omg!!!!!!!” i ran as fast as i could i felt a hand on my back ,”hey loser! lol” one of them whispered in another girls ear Ashly the meanie cleared her through.
    “oh sorry Sam…. can i call yo-” “don’t…. call me Samantha” “OK close enough….look Sammie im soooooooo soooooo soooo sorry!” not buying in i thought, all day untill next week Ashly beged me to be in her vamp club only girls. i said no im not a vamp, untill one day……. “well… SAM if your not a vamp how come your crush is in the grave then?” she is leading me to romantic drama evil “how could i! ” i cried then things got worse that night. i live lived in a manor so there ought to be a ghost
    “wh- wh- where am i?” said a voice i knew well “its ok… its ok ” though i knew deep down on my heart Berns so much. well kiddos how you like it? hop you can add me :D

7. Elle

There was a sense of unease throughout the city streets that night…

I slowly settled into bed. Tomorrow was Halloween! My sister, Rebecca, was practically bouncing off the walls in excitement. I was excited, too. My costume was an evil witch, complete with cape and hat! Finally Rebecca settled in bed, and we turned off the light. Rebecca went to sleep in about five minutes. Meanwhile, I tossed and turned in bed, unable to go to sleep, anticipating the next day. I realized I needed to use the restroom. I grabbed my pocketknife (which had a flashlight built in), and clambered out of the room. Freezing in my pink satin nightgown, I found the bathroom. “Elle! What are you doing out of bed?” I whipped around, scared out of my right mind. Phew. It was only Mom. “I need to use the bathroom,” I simply stated, the picture of innocence, wearing a pink nightgown and my blonde braids bouncing up and down. “All right, hurry up,” Mom said, and walked over to her bedroom to get ready to go to bed. As I washed my hands with my favorite soap (Fall Leaves, mm!), I heard banging around the halls. What could that be? Was Rebecca out of bed? I whipped my head out the door, then brought it in immediately. I shut the door, and locked myself in. You wouldn’t believe what was out in that hallway.
    My witch costume, flying through the air.

8. lavendermoonlight29

hi i am lavendermoonlight29. if you made a scary book would it be based on a old timer like titanic or something like old? well if figure it out leave me a message here, to lavendermoonlight29 no spaces.

9. Chloee

My foot steps pounded on the side walk out of place in the cool sileint night. I pulled my jacket tighter around me. Wait. What was that. I look around. Ellie stop being so paranoid. Hi. I’m Harriet Moon but my friends call Me Harry I know weird nick name. Hey! Don’t blame Me blame My weird Parent’s. anyway I can’t help being so into everything weird, crazy, and freaky. I love Monster’s and Creature’s of freakyness . But I’am the only one one the Street. Beast Rd. The People in My small town just 600 Miles away from London say that There is a reason They called it Beast Rd. 299 Year’s ago there was this Rich Old Man. Even though He had a lot of Money He wanted more. Since He owned all the Land He started charging more and more to the Poor Famlies here in Howleville. Soon Famlies started spending all Their Money just to have a Home for the Week. The Man Was also Cruel and Mean. Hateful. They Say. Finally People got tired of it so They Rioted. One cold Hallween night with a Full Moon They Charged into His House dragged Him into The Street’s. He ran but ended up in the Wood’s which would soon become Beast Rd. Nobody found Him until the Next Day. You can guess what happened to Him. That say His face was a look of Pure Terror. Scrawl onto the Ground was ” 300 Year’s from now I’ll be back. ” Tommrow’s the 300 Annversy of the Day He’ll ” Come Back. ” so the Mayor decided to have a Huge Celbration. I turn back around. Harry settle down. I thought to Myself. It’s nothing. I froze. Nothing dosen’t Growl. I turned around and saw a Huge Mouth Full Of Fang’s Going Stright For My Neck.