Last week, in an attempt to summon the spirits of Halloween, we posted a Goosebumps Scavenger Hunt. How did you do? Did you get some answers, or run away scared out of your pants? See below for the official word.
2. How long does it take R. L. Stine to write a Goosebumps book? Hint: search under “Books & Audio” and “R. L. Stine.”
ANSWER: 10 days! (whoa!!). He says he also spends 2-3 days first outlining each book.
3. The HorrorLand series is set in a creepy ________.
ANSWER: theme park. Where thrills turn to chills, you could say!
4. What does R. L. Stine give out at Halloween in addition to candy? Hint: read the R. L. Stine Q&A!
ANSWER: Copies of his books! Kids come to his apartment in New York City because he has a skeleton, a cupful of eyeballs, and lots of creepy stuff. He gives out candy and copies of his books. How cool is that?
5. Play the Ghost Hotel game. How many ghosts did you get before time ran out??
ANSWER: No wrong answer. . . unless you didn’t play!
6. Name you favorite episode from the Goosebumps TV show.
ANSWER: No wrong answer. You’re entitled to your own opinion!
7. What’s the newest Goosebumps book out?
ANSWER: Goosebumps Most Wanted #5: Dr. Maniac Will See You Now. (Uhh . . . I think I’ll go to my regular doctor instead!)
8. Watch “The Ghost Next Door” trailer clip in the TV/DVD section. (Click on the fuzzy TV screen.) What happens at the very last moment?
ANSWER: Something comes crashing through the window!
Look for tons of great Halloween episodes of Goosebumps and R. L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour on The Hub network all October long. With a bucket of popcorn and some orange soda, nothing could be creepier. Happy Halloween!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer