October 25, 2013

Dove Cameron Interview

Posted by at 1:23 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Dove Cameron in Liv and MaddieDove Cameron is Liv AND Maddie!

Dove Cameron is the 17-year-old actress who plays the parts of Liv and Maddie on the show called . .  . Liv & Maddie! It’s totally crazy to me how Liv and Maddie can be in the same room talking to each other but it’s really only one girl. How does she do that? We got to talk to Dove about her experiences on the show.

Q: What’s it like to play identical twins?
Dove: It’s a tremendous experience. The whole novelty of playing two people was sort of terrifying at first, but it is probably the best training and experience I’ll ever have. It’s a completely different feat, and especially doing it on television, because, it’s a much faster pace than film. The last time one girl played twins on television, I think it was 60 years ago on The Patty Duke Show. It is a little bit daunting at times, but it’s just been the most incredible experience for me as an actor, and as a person getting to explore two different characters at the same time.

Q:Does it ever get confusing? Do you ever start doing Liv, and come out with Maddie kind of stuff?
Dove:
You know, I don’t, because originally, our show used to be called Bits and Pieces. I only played one girl, and then Disney decided it needed more of a solid plot, and so I became twins. Since I never actually auditioned for either of the twins, I got to completely create them from the ground up. I’ve known these characters really, really well for the better part of six months now. There’s no confusion around that, just because they’re so concrete in my mind. They’re like real human beings to me.

Q: You’re 5’2″, and you can dunk now. What is your basketball training like?
Dove:
 We didn’t have basketball training in the beginning, but I used to work a couple of times a week with this tremendous basketball coach in Hollywood. I actually really love it. Among the long list of things that this show has given me, it’s also given me back my love of sports, and honestly exercise. I love basketball. I wish I had more time to play it, and I think it’s a great workout. I’m really, really happy it’s been brought back into my life through this show.

Q: Is it true that the writers sometimes put a personal detail of your life into the script?
Dove:
 I’m obsessed with Doctor Who and Doctor Who references show up in a couple of episodes. There was an episode where we do show choir and I used to do show choir back when I was in high school. There have been some references to something that I’m also very passionate about: I make a lot of my own clothes. I have a teddy bear that I bring to set a lot, that my sister gave me, named Stanley, and so there was a little creature named Stanley on the show, and just things like that.  They have a fun time messing with me.

Q: How did you get the name Dove?
Dove:
I was actually born with a different name, and my father gave me the nickname Dove when I was an infant. I got it before I even turned a year old, and then it was Dove, and Dovey, and Dove-Love, and that was literally just my name. My family called me that; all my friends called me that. My birth name is actually on year books and my birth certificate, but other than that, I have nothing to do with it.

Q:What is your all-time favorite book?
Dove:
 Oh, wow. To be honest, my all-time favorite book is actually a collection of Edgar Allan Poe poetry that I was given by my grandfather when I was very, very young. I still have it. The spine is crooked and frayed, and all my favorite pages are basically worn through, but I’m a huge Poe fan.

Q: Do you have a pet?
Dove:
I do. I am a huge animal lover and I have a 13-year-old cat. Her name is Fern. She’s very fluffy, and she’s got vibrant green eyes, and she’s been with me since I was 4. I think she is a Maine Coon.

Q: Do you have a first day of school memory?
Dove:
I make a lot of my own clothes, and I have been doing so since I was very young. So, I think most of my back-to-school memories are always staying up until all hours of the night before to finish my outfit, and debuting it. First day back at school was always such an exciting day for me. I love the first day back in school because that’s where you meet everyone, and you look in the eyes of all the people who you’re going to be spending the most of a year with. You know your teachers, and you get integrated, and there’s that exciting buzz. I love first day back at school.

Q: What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you?
Dove:
I decided, when I was 12, to cut my own hair, and then dye my own hair. I remember looking in the mirror and thinking, “You know what? I want bangs,” and so I grabbed the scissors from the kitchen, and I gave myself bangs.  Except I cut, like, halfway back on my head, and so I gave myself half a bowl cut. [LAUGHTER] And then I dyed it black. I think I was going for, like a Zoey Deschanel. [LAUGHTER] It was like a German school boy’s look, 70s sort of look. It was really bad.

Q: Is there any food that you could not live without?
Dove:
Oh, grapes. I could not live without grapes.

Q: What would your definition of a perfect day be?
Dove:
 I would have gotten 10 hours of sleep. I would have woken up and had a gigantic breakfast. It would be 75, breezy, sunny, and I would spend most of the day either reading or writing, getting in a little bit of studio time recording a song, and cooking a huge dinner, and baking some lavish dessert.

Q: Are you working on a CD?
Dove:
Yes I am. Music is actually an equal if not greater passion of mine, than acting. I have always been a singer, ever since I was very small, and I actually have a strange voice. It’s a voice that was meant for opera, but since I’m a pop singer, I have to be constantly working on it, or else I can burn it out. It’s very delicate. Keeping your voice in shape is like training for a marathon; you have to constantly be feeding it and keeping it in shape, and taking care of it and worrying about it, catering to it. But yes, I have been working on music since I was very young, and I just recently started working on an album.

Q: Do you have a personal motto, or a favorite quote?
Dove:
Yes I do. It’s actually a Mother Theresa quote. “If you judge someone, you have no time to love them.” That one’s affected me for quite some time because it rings so true for me. I am the kind of person that cannot hold a grudge. It is very easy for me to forgive someone, and I have a very hard time not giving someone the benefit of the doubt. I love people so immensely that I just don’t have room to walk around with judgment hanging around my ankles and dragging that with me wherever I go. I would much rather be free of all of that and be able to express my love to people than to feel the burden of my heavy thoughts.

Interview by Marie Morreale

1. PurplePanda118

At first I thought Dove played just one twin and that the other twin was used by a different girl that looked a lot like Dove Cameron

2. Evie

I still do not get this. How does she play two people when they are often in the same room together? I can get if she was playing them in different rooms, at different times, but I just
    can’t believe that she can act two people in the same room. Is it even logically possible???
    Maybe they have some machine to do it . . . or a magic hairbrush, ( like in one of my sister’s
    Barbie shows!), to make quick changes . . .

3. Aries

How do you play as Liv and Maddie all at once? I have always wondered how you do it, but if you don’t want to reveal the answer to my question I’m alright with that to.

4. ...

Where did the last/second name Cameron come from?

Isn’t her middle name Olivia? Is that why the characters name is Olivia?

5. braindreamer16

i love your guises show. y’all are so inspiering and funny.
    I would love if you sent me back

6. cracracrawhat word3424

madieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno livvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvd

7. Ammaarah

I love liv and maddie so much, its my favourite disney tv show.And plus Maddie explains me so much, but I only live a bunch of boys .

8. Butterflycastle130

My favorite person is Maddie and Liv I love Maddie because I love sport and I love Liv because I love fashion and music!!!!!!!

9. hannah

I think that dove Cameron is the best actress ever and she has such an amazing voice I personal look up to her as a role model every day that liv and Maddie come on me and my brother both go in our rooms and sit in there til its over.

Thank you dove came for being such an awesome person
    Love u

10. Horseman

I love Doctor Who to and Liv and Maddie is the only show to keep me calm when I am a wreck and one more thing. Does Dove like horses?.

11. Cameron R

She said she was obssessed with doctor who well I am two and the TV show Liv an Maddie is the only thing to keep me calm when I am a major wreck.

1. Evie

It’s already come out! Like, a few months ago! Me and my brother watched it twice. It’s an awesome show, but we always missed most of the beginning, so we were a bit confused a
      bit when we just started watch the middle of the show. . . .

12. dolphinpink1497

i think they get a person to play Maddie when Dove is talking as Liv and another girl to play Liv when Dove is playing Maddie. i think this because at the end of the show when it says the cast it says “Maddie 2″ and it also says “Liv 2.”

13. Janvi

Dove Cameron OMG I am such a big fan! Saw the ad for cloud 9 on Disney channel and it is amazing totally going watch it. Your my fave character DUHHHH!!!!!! I also think it is so cool how Dove plays Liv and Maddie just amazing :-) :-) :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. bulldogblue1964

i love the show but i would like to know how dove does because it looks like that it just one person.

15. Cheerfulamber113

I would to LOVE to be on Liv and Maddie.They are not two people because in the theme song they only mention 5 people but there are six including Maddie.There is Mom and Dad ,parker,joey,liv and maddie.6 PEOPLE

16. aquaemerald317

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. athenadancing59

CRAZY AND WONDERFUL BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. blueadventure238

I love that show! It’s so good, how Maddie hates fashion and Liv loves it. I think Disney Channel did a fantastic job on coming up with something like this. Usually it isn’t that good. WELL DONE DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!

19. natavia

i am almost just like your charater i love fashion and spa i love your show liv & maddie and your epsodie are alsome.

20. bulldogpurple403

hey i love your show and you seem to have lots of fun
    i really love the eposide where you wanted to change you image of how people look at you so you joined the brain games and you built the best machine i loved that one and my little side not please keep doing your show do stop like icarly or HANNAH MONTANA please thanks again o and Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year
    (hugs and kisses)

21. maree

i am a very big fan of your show i love liv and maddie you are very good sisters and friends and your acting is really GOOD . love your FAN

22. elizabeth

You are really good actors. I love the way you act and one day i want to be like you or your sister. i think you have a great talent.

23. Brittany

I love Liv&Maddie !It;s amazing how you play 2 different characters.I’ve always wanted to be a singer,I’m writing a couple songs now but I really really want to sing them out loud to the public!Anyways you are amazing!You ROCK!

24. PINKCASH237

HOW ARE YOU? DO YOU EVER GET BACK TO ANYONES QUESTIONS? IS YOUR REAL NAME DOVE? WHY ARE YOU ON A TV SHOW? HOW OLD ARE YOU? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOARD GAME? DO YOU EVER FIGHT WITH YOUR FAMILY? QUESTOINS… QUESTIONS… QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. dancingagent17

Her real name is not Dove. she is 17. it answers both of those questions and maybe more in the article.

25. Brhe

If u had a different interest in life besides being on Liv and Maddie or writing the song you wrote, what different interest would you chose?

26. Rita

I bet it must be hard playing two roles but I fuss you did not shoot at the same time but still good job dove I love the show

27. Raigan

Wow! I didn’t know that Dove played both Liv and Maddie. Do you have any other siblings? If so, what are their names?

28. Pretty girl Lania

Hi my name is Lania and i am her biggest fin and i am in the 4th grade but any way i love your show it is one of my faviorits but you is Awsome please read this comment and please select this comment i am begging.

1. you never know me

who knows???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

29. karleigh

I know how you feel about judging people I don’t like to be judged because sometimes it can really hurt my feelings.I don’t like judging people even in contests because it hurts their feelings like it would hurt mine,anyways judging people in contests because seeing them feel bad makes me feel bad.I’m a poetry fan also.My favorite kind of poetry is the kind that makes you feel like you belong when you feel you don’t.

30. Ally

Just one thing about the moderation. If it takes 24 hours to moderate a comment, no one will see it. Not to be rude or impatient (I keep apologizing so my comment will get posted, although the only ones who need to see it are the moderators), but no one looks at my not fanning comments except the other latecomers. Thanks a lot! Oh, and why am I posting comments too quickly? Please leave a post on greencrest16′s avatar page.

31. Payton T

I loved Dove Camerons interview and I love the show Live and Maddie and her music and music video so much!!!!!!!!!!

32. Hey Girl

It is so awesome that me and my twin see this show and we only have one brother not two just like she in the show :)

33. Damaris your biggest faN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Ally alot of the new shows are just dumb (Ant farm) AND WE DONT NEED ANY LAUGHING TRACK TO REMIND US WHEN TO LAUGH.Also almost all the new shows involve witch craft they need to stop with the witch craft and example will be wolf blood or gravity falls my mom wont let me watch any of that so pretty soon i wont be able to watch any disney channel!!! .And whoever the moderator is please approve this because people need to hear this especially the disney channel creators.

34. Damaris your biggest faN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your new music video Dove it decribes my whole relashionship with my best friend Jessica we are so different but we could never be more similar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are so awesome and amazing your my idol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) <3

1. ashna

i not sure how she play both of them . all i know that she play both of them . p.s i love that more than my sister does :) :) :)

35. Ally

Not to put down the writers, actors, and staff on television shows today, but it seems like it’s all reality TV or adult horror/comedy/sci-fi stuff. I wish the Odd Couple was still on air.

36. Ally

In my opinion, most, if not all, of the shows on Disney Channel are, to quote Frank Sutton, “dumb, stupid, and ridiculous.” Liv & Maddie is no exception. Please, STACKS moderator, whoever you are, post this. I don’t mean this in any derogatory fashion to the actors. It’s just that on most old television shows, stupidity isn’t the one comedic quality of most characters. Take The Odd Couple, for instance. Felix Unger, one of the main characters, is extremely intelligent. Oscar Madison, while being Felix’s total opposite, is not stupid. He’s a sportswriter for a newspaper. Please post this as an educational comment from someone who takes the time for grammar, capitalization, spelling, and punctutation.

37. Kylie

the series of the shows are actually pretty good but it is kinda depressing that they armt really twins in real life. But i LOVE the new shows!!! i love you Dove!!!!

38. vampirewolf59

hi liv and hi maddie!!!!YOUR SHOWS ARE REAL COOL.so ev ery show will have Rooney!!
    FERN is a Nice name for a cat .i have a few cats. One had pretty bule eyes ,sadly:( she was hit by a car}Say hi to Fern.bye Dove

39. PINKCASH237

I LOVE LIV AND MADDIE. I WATCH LIKE, EVERY DAY. WHENEVER I AM ALLOWED TO WATCH TV I GO TO ON DEMAND AND GO STRAIGHT TO LIV AND MADDIE,

1. FootballDog289

They don’t play roles at the same time they are real sisters they are both twins they probably just don’t say it much to any body/people.

2. amethystdolphin311

I think she first takes the scene as Maddie, but then retakes the scene as Liv. Disney Channel edits the scene as if Liv was talking to Maddie.

3. BUBBLYBANANA28

they like, do one part of the scene with l or m, and then they do the same thing but with a different character doing different actions and then they probably edit it a little bit. (b t w football dog, they are not two peeps read the interview it said it is one girl)

4. dancingagent17

FootballDog289- Dove plays both Liv and Maddie. I am pretty sure amethystdolphin311 is on the right track. Just an FYI.

5. BLUE AQUA895

I think it would be hard playing for two people at the same time. Don’t you think its kind of weird talking to yourself over and over again?

6. seapiglet4

on tv they said that she plays two roles. she plays liv and maddie. they that said that when she was on the disney ship

7. waytoosmart

Dove can play two people at a time because the computer copies the image of Dove then she can play the part

8. Alyssa

She is one person but they filmed at different times and then the camera people put them together to make it seem like they are talking to each other.

9. pinkeyhappy269

Well, just play the hard ones and then the easy one, I think Dove did Maddie’s first then Liv’s, it twin-a-rooney, it was odd how they hugged each other… because that uses a lot of editing! I love Dove Cameron!

10. pinlover2001

They have Dove play as the character (Liv or Maddie) who has the most actions. They have someone else (that has the similar shape of Dove) who copies the other characters (Liv or Maddie) actions in a green screen suit. Then similar to green screen they add Liv or Maddie into the scene.

40. BREANNA

I LOVE YOUR SHOW. I ASK MY MOM IF I CAN WATCH TV AND I GO TO ON DEMAND AND GO STRAIGHT TO LIVAND MADDIE. I READ THE WHOLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS THING AND I LOVE YOUR LIFE. TRUST ME. I WISH YOU WERE MY SISTER DOVE. BTW (BY THE WAY) IS DOVE YOUR REAL NAME? LOVE YOU!!!

41. HUNTER 7 YEARS OLD

Dear Live & Made, I really like your shows. I watch your shows all the time that I record them on my TV. And by the way I really think when the popcorn machine falls down the stairs P.S tell your brothers that they are awesome!!!! From , Hunter

1. 5690beenunut

liv and maddie you are so rad liv do you have anny costom tips liv you and maddie are so cool say hi to brothers for me liv I love you and maddie I love sports.

42. tamia

i love liv and maddie i know how they can be in the same room talking the camera pauses the show and does what he needs to do its just like on Marin. Martin and SHANA IN THE SAME ROOM AS martin yeah.

tamia

43. Anonymous

you sound like such a nice and talented person i can not believe you are both of them i am in love with you you are now my favorite famous person

1. Anonymous

Disagree with bubbly banana over there I think liv and maddie is a great show

P.S. Dove Cameron’s reAl name is Olivia

44. Damaris your biggest faN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love liv and maddie and your name theyre both really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think its so cool how you play both people now THAT is good acting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

45. chiuahuacyclops10

it’s really cool howthey are talking to each other if it’s just one girl. I would have loved to be there when it happened and actually talked to “them”

1. Damaris your biggest fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SARAH is my best friend and yes the one that did a coment i was with her when she did it she was the first one!!!!!!!!!!

2. ashna

you are soooooooo right i watch the show like all the time my favorite on liv and maddie is maddie she loves the same things that i do she love basketball i love basketball she so amazing my sister love liv than i do