Happy Birthday, Hermione! Today is Hermione Granger’s birthday, and here at the STACKS, we absolutely love her and put together a list of our all-time favorite quotes. Here they are in chronological order:
- “I’ve learned all the course books by heart of course. I just hope it will be enough – I’m Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you?” Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “I hope you’re pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed – or worse, expelled. Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to bed.” Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “Harry — I think I’ve just understood something! I’ve got to go to the library!” Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- “Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn’t mean no one else has spotted I’m a girl!” Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- “Excuse me but I don’t like people just because they are handsome.” Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- “All those poor elves I haven’t set free yet, having to stay over during Christmas because there aren’t enough hats!” Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- “Ron,” said Hermione in a dignified voice, “you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet.” Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “Just because you’ve got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” (to Ron, of course) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- “What are you doing with all those books anyway?” Ron asked.
“Just trying to decide which ones to take with us,” said Hermione, “when we’re looking for the Horcruxes.”
“Oh, of course,” said Ron, clapping a hand to his forehead. “I forgot we’ll be hunting down Voldemort in a mobile library.” Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Are your favorite quotes on this list? Add your own in the Comments, and take the Hermione Trivia Quiz.