September 2, 2013

Book Addiction Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:44 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

writing_prompt_book

Book Addiction Writing Prompt

You can’t put it down. You know you should. Your family tells you to. Your teachers tell you to. But. You. Just. Can’t. Because you are so addicted to “the book!!!”

Today’s Writing Prompt is dedicated to all of you who’ve been there. You’ve done crazy stuff. You’ve forgotten to eat. You’ve worn your brother or sister’s clothes by accident.  You’ve snuck “the book” into the bathroom. (Shhhh!). Gross but true.  You’ve ignored a call from your BFF because you were with “the book.”

You’ve done it. We want to hear it. Today’s Writing Prompt dares you to complete the following:

BookAddiction

Come clean! Leave your confessions in the Comments below.

—Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. dancingbookworm19

I read books so quickly it’s not even funny! I read 3 books that were each over 200 pages in 4 days. I would skip meals, stay up until all hours, I read 24/7! I will read anything I can get my hands on! :)

2. bookwormauthor20

Whenever I read the guardians of ga’hoole books, I always want to be part of it, be like the characters, and crave the adventure. So I never stop reading them and act like Soren, Otulissa (the most), Gylfie, and a guardian of my own (I even say “Glaux” a lot of other things)!

3. Olivia M.

When I read the three books of Guardians of Ga’hoole, I was really attached to Soren and Otulissa so I started acting like them in real life.

4. CATFAIRY217

I have at 7th grade reading and I’m only in fourth grade!
    I do read under the covers after my bedtime sometimes.

5. Racquel

I’ve been so addicted to a book that i read it all night then i fell asleep. This is what happen first i was doing my homework then i was down. After that i started to read a book and then before i know it was 12 o’clock then i fell asleep

6. Dominique

I have been adiccted to Dork Diaries and even though i finished reading all the series i kept reading it again.

7. Shailai

I have been addicted to the book ” Because Of Winn – Dixie”, It is a book that I love because it is very interesting. At home when I am suppose to be going to bed some times I read it. I want to finish this book then I will get it for Christmas. I also love ” The One And Only Ivan”, “The Watsons Go To Birmingham”, Dymonde Daniel”, ‘ Ramona Quimby ” , and” Gabby Douglass”.

8. Zaryah

I have been stuck to a book because i was. Reading a “American Girl book” i was reading “Fork in the Trail” it was a very good book it was about. One of the American girls and she went hiking in the woods with her friends and they got lost.

9. Carlcia

The book that i am addicted judy moody because i wanted to stay home every day and just play at home and lay down and it my favorite in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have all the books to judy moody book s . And me and my cousin read the book every day when we come home from school. Cousin name is kezia and she comes to my school. She loves it to and she was screaming so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the book that i am addicted to judy moody.

10. Sarah

There is this book called Dork Dairies every day I have my nose stuck in it for at least 3 hours it is a really amazing book i highly consider it to young readers it is about a girl trying to be popular in middle school.

11. Mekhi

The book I was addicted to was the book Magic Pickle and the Garden of Evil. The book is a very cool book. The pickles can fly and they attack you.One of the pickles go home with this girl.

12. Jordan

I have been addicted to a book. The books name was ”Bone” which is a comic book. It really was good because it had talking animals and, Bone is a fictional book and, I looooooooove fictional books.

13. Soraya

One day I was in this group with my principal and a other couple students. And our principal gave us the book…”The One and Only Ivan”. It was probably the best book I ever read it was sad and happy at the same time it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. javier

There’s this one book I personally like , “goosebumps camp nightmoon’ once you start reading that book you can’t stop reading it.

15. ALEXIS

I felt like that once when I was reading a Judy moody book i took it every were i went i couldn’t stop reading it i was so stuck in the book i didn’t even know i was reading so fast.

16. Brandon J

I have been addicted i cannot get my hands of the book. I read it 12 times in a row and i love the book so much.The book is called ’39 clues book three you have to save the world from vespers.There are 29 chapters you have to read in order to save the ‘Dead of night’.

17. S

Yes i have.I was reading “Junie B Jones Theirs a Monster Under My Bed,” and every night I would read to my brother and then he would fall a sleep and I would still be reading it to my self that book was so good sometimes at park in I don’t go outside I would read my book 24/7. And that’s why I love “Junie B Jones Their a Monster Under My Bed.”

18. Brianna

I sometimes sleep with a book in my hand.My mom gets really mad because sometimes the pages get ripped,I sleep a little crazy.The book was called ”Summer of Moonlight secrets.” It was about a girl named Emily,one day she walked into this spooky haunted house.Anyways,she learned these secrets that were written a long time ago.Well,that is why I am addicted to books.

19. bryan

I have before the book was name super hero. It was about the super hero was saving people from the bad guys what about you? and yessssssssssssssssssss i didddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!