September 2, 2013

Book Addiction Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:44 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

writing_prompt_book

Book Addiction Writing Prompt

You can’t put it down. You know you should. Your family tells you to. Your teachers tell you to. But. You. Just. Can’t. Because you are so addicted to “the book!!!”

Today’s Writing Prompt is dedicated to all of you who’ve been there. You’ve done crazy stuff. You’ve forgotten to eat. You’ve worn your brother or sister’s clothes by accident.  You’ve snuck “the book” into the bathroom. (Shhhh!). Gross but true.  You’ve ignored a call from your BFF because you were with “the book.”

You’ve done it. We want to hear it. Today’s Writing Prompt dares you to complete the following:

BookAddiction

Come clean! Leave your confessions in the Comments below.

—Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. venusmystery7

my BFF says i am the fastest reader in the world!One day she was mad cause i payed attention to the book more then her.

2. breezeambassador9

I have been adiccdid to a book the Dork diaries books are lol. The dork diaries are great and if I have any book I’m adictid

3. aquakitten912

I read this book and I was hooked to it. I tried to stayed up all night reading it by I can’t because I felt asleep. Also I did take the book with me when I go to the bathroom. Well, to tell you the truth I did that a lot of times.

4. silvertiger79

I have one book which is a novel and I can’t put down that book. The book I was reading is called Emily Windsnap and the Siren’s Secret. It was totally awesome and I can’t stop reading, in my opinion. I kept on thinking ” What happened next. Well, actually I have read tons of books and I can’t put hose books down either.

5. DragonFire138

I am such a bookworm. Any book that I see that seems interesting I just got to have it! This book series that I am addicted to is the “Wings of Fire” series. And no for the record, I’ve sneaked a book with me in the restroom.

1. Anonymous

I LOVE that one!!! I only read the first one but I love dragons. I have to wait forever to get the second book. There’s even going to be a fourth one! EEKK!! I was like 16/16 and now I’m like 3/21!

6. Katelyn

I have been so addicted to a book that if I had only 1 minute of free time in class I read it, I have been so addicted to a book that I answer every question with yes while I am reading, I have been so addicted to a book that when I am reading and it is loud around me, I zone all of the noise out
    Keep Calm and Just READ :)

1. Mariana

I love reading books, too. Any book I see that’s interesting I probably want to get it and read it. If I had 30 minutes of reading time in class, I would read that book

1. bookwormauthor20

I loooooooove dragons and reading those books. Have you ever read the how to train your dragon series?

7. bookwormgirl45

I can’t say that I’m addicted to one book in particular, I just can’t put down any and every book I read. Once I was reading a book while eating and I ended up dipping my food into a glass of water and I was like I should really stop reading now and focus on eating. It was really hilarious.

8. sillyparakeet5

I’ve been so into my book that:
    I’ve yelled at my family members for interrupting me while I was reading
    Stayed up late to read and finish
    and yes I have snuck books into the bathroom
    But it’s a price that a book worm must pay when they get addicted to a book. Lol :-)

1. BookAmber28

I did that exact thing! It was a book called ”The Mortal Instruments:Book One:City of Bones”. AND a few [ok a LOT of] others! My friend says I am the BEST reader in the world, I don’t know why.

PS: I got 861.3 AR points last year!

PPS: right now I have 281.5 points!

9. smartfur7

I love books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&cats i have a cat shes the best cat in the universe!!!!

10. TURQUOISEPANDA101

I’m addicted to the chronicles of vladimir tod (ages 12 and up), harry potter, hunger games (ages 12 and up), and twilight (grade 7 and up)

11. agentthor12

Been there.”The book” for me was Catching Fire. My BFF Breanna was talking to me on the phone but I wasn’t paying attention to a word she said because I was reading “the book”. I stayed up past 3:00am reading “the book”. When I finished “the book” I could barely do anything except wait for the next time we went to the library so I could get Mockingjay. Yup. I was defenitly addicted.

P.S: I didn’t spell “defenitly” right, I know.

1. BUBBLYBANANA28

OMG I JUST FINISHED CATCHING FIRE LIKE 15 MIN. AGO AND I STARTED MOCKING JAY I GOT THE WHOLE TRILOGY FOR CHRISTMAS THEY ARE SO AWESOME THE MOVIES ARE GOOD TOO I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE MOCKING JAY TO COME OUT IT WAS SO SAD WHEN RUE DIED I CRIED!! (out of breath)
      P.S. team Peeta or team Gale?

12. fuschiapizza21

that is me right there, except i’m homeschooled, so my teacher is my mom. i also have another problem. i doodle a LOT. i’ll be trying to do school, and suddenly, i have an uncontrollable urge to draw something, anything. i’ll doodle- just a little, mind you- and three minutes later, i have ‘the urge’ again. ANNOYING!!!

13. Ariel

I have been so addicted to many books! My most addicting are library books . Also I have also been addicted to computer games and t.v shows because they are so good. Also school too.

14. Julia

I’ve been caught reading late at night before. 1AM, 2AM, 3AM. Once I stayed up the ENTIRE NIGHT reading. There is something so addicting about a good story. When a book it okay, i’ll finish it. But when a book is good– and I mean really good– like, John Green’s “The Fault in Our Stars” (Teen) good– there is nothing that will keep me from finishing it that week.
    When a book it that good… even danger won’t keep you from it. ** A WORD FOR THE WISE– DON’T TAKE GOOD BOOKS WITH YOU TO SCHOOL– YOU’LL GET CAUGHT READING THEM IN MATH CLASS AND YOU MIGHT GET HURT IF YOU DON’T LOOK WHERE YOU’RE GOING WHILE WALKING HOME.

15. Athenabasilisk60

I’ve been addicted to many books! In fact, I’ve been addicted to so many, I can’t name them all! My most addicting are “The Princess Diaries,” by Meg Cabot, “Flipped,” by Wendelin Van Draanen, and the “Harry Potter” series by J. K. Rowling! I am a complete bookworm! But, my favorite books that I can never put down are the ones that I write myself!

16. Analyzingwizard7

I have stayed up till 1 or 2 am while reading a lot of books. I’m more of a series guy. Harry Potter, of course, was my first series. Then Percy Jackson and then The 39 Clues. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was the reason I got glasses in 4th grade. And I have snuck more than one book in the bathroom.

1. drawingviolet8

I know people that do sneak magazines, books, even notebooks! I mean im not trying to be mean (because I do too sneak books in the bathroom) but people do it to relax I think.