September 2, 2013

Book Addiction Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:44 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

writing_prompt_book

Book Addiction Writing Prompt

You can’t put it down. You know you should. Your family tells you to. Your teachers tell you to. But. You. Just. Can’t. Because you are so addicted to “the book!!!”

Today’s Writing Prompt is dedicated to all of you who’ve been there. You’ve done crazy stuff. You’ve forgotten to eat. You’ve worn your brother or sister’s clothes by accident.  You’ve snuck “the book” into the bathroom. (Shhhh!). Gross but true.  You’ve ignored a call from your BFF because you were with “the book.”

You’ve done it. We want to hear it. Today’s Writing Prompt dares you to complete the following:

BookAddiction

Come clean! Leave your confessions in the Comments below.

—Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. daniel

i would choose harry potter book 5 over food . best seires everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2. katya

I would choose a book over food. Books are my life. One time I almost got grounded from books because I wanted to read instead of doing chores.

3. kamari

I pick pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TotalFailure

When I’m addicted to a book I put it down when I go to bed, but I have dreams of weird things telling me to read more. Those are most of my nightmares. But I’m perfectly happy when I’m reading a book!

5. ChocoCat

I smuggled Into the Wild by Erin Hunter into gym and asked to go to the restroom to read it, I also forgot to eat lunch and wore clothed to big for me… -ChocoCat

6. athenabook130

My family’s addicted to books. So addicted, that our whole house is filled with books (practically literally). We get in trouble, because at night we’ll sneak our books into the bathroom with us. Even after we’re done, we’ll sit on the counter and read until we realize how late it is. Yeah, we’re addicted. So what, I’m proud of it.

7. isabella

i like babysitter club books they are good but i really the book sister and dork diary book are the best in the world and diary

8. Lianni

I actually have been so addicted to a book that i wouldn’t eat or sleep and i also took it into the bathroom (shh…) and i have also forgotten life and to to take showers(eww..)

1. ChocoCat

Jade, you spelled “Jackson” wrong you spelled it “Jacksion” It might have been a typo but as Danisnotonfire said.. “We are all the grammar police”

9. Samantha

Once I got so addicted to a boo called dead end (age 12 and up). i yelled at my family, friends and teachers. after I did that I sneaked into the toilet to finish my book. it took me 3 days to explain my self

10. Henry

On November 1 I thru up 4 times because I ate a lot of candy on Halloween.I have the book:The school from the back Lagoon.They both kill me!

11. Morgan

Once I stayed up ’till 5:00 in the morning reading… I was SO DEAD the next day. And I tend to give books more attention than my friends too…. :)

12. sanjida

i read everyday before i go to sleep! but i dont have much time to sleep because most of the time, i just read and reAD AND READ!!!!! then i fall asleep……….

1. Samantha

I agree with you sanjida. during the holidays, I sleep like sleeping beauty. but when the holidays are over, I can not catch a wink. I read a book and the next thing I know I’m dreaming my head off.

13. Dalveen

I just love the Harry Potter Series! it’s so much reading them and all the books of the Harry Potter Series are so interesting!

14. Isla

I am totally guilty of having lost sleep over many books! Sleep is for the weak when it comes to finishing a book.

15. i love harry potter books 8289

at recess I read my book people are like “why do you waste your time reading at recess?” well because harry potter is awesome! I also wake up in the middle of the night and read

16. awesomesteak17

I was so addicted to I Funny that I read it on the bus. I didn’t get off at my stop so the bus driver thought I didn’t come on the bus. When I realize I ask the bus driver, ” Did you pass [my address]? He says he passed [my address] at 4:12 and he would gladly take me home. When I get home I see the [my town] police at my house and my mother panicking. I am no longer allowed to read a book on a bus. (LOL)

17. Pottergirl

I’m addicted to books. I read The Hunger games trilogy (ages 12 and up) in three days only (one for each book). But I’m especially adddicted to books like Harry Potter.
    That’s one of my firsts descriptions, I’m a bookworm. My friends get mad at me because every time they get me to go out I’m always carrying a book.

18. Anna

I am so addicted to books.I’ve read 2 0really big chapter books in one day. My teacher and I have a little joke. A lot of times she’s said,”Anna,even though I’m a teacher,I’m going to tell you one thing I’ve never told anyone. You need to stop reading.”

19. P.B. Kerr booklover

P.B. Kerr’s Children of the Lamp series (grades 5-8)is the best! I read a chapter every night! O.K. maybe more. it’s so hard to put down. I’m on book number four. It’s amazing. I’ve always wondered how people do that kind of stuff. I mean write such big books! Books are awesome! Just saying!

20. Elisa

I was so addicted to a book i did not eat or sleep for a whole day waiting to finish my. Now i am sad because i have nothing to read. When i was reading i felt so many emotions like i was actually their. I loved it.

21. Alexa

One time I was addicted to a really good, book, I couldn’t put it down!!! My mom & dad called me for dinner but I pretended not to hear…(And got in Trouble afterwards) :-) )

22. peacefulpanda118

i luv gal books. i especially like the Whatever After books. I pracically have the whole series!! Note: i really dislike reading non-fic

1. dramaband49

that is what im doing I finshed The hunger games last night started catching fire this mornind and am on page 150 already!

23. dancingbookworm19

I read books so quickly it’s not even funny! I read 3 books that were each over 200 pages in 4 days. I would skip meals, stay up until all hours, I read 24/7! I will read anything I can get my hands on! :)

1. ambershore26

I am reading a book that is 516 i’m in 4th I”ve been reading for four day already on page 474 NO JOKE this is me in the morning X-(

24. bookwormauthor20

Whenever I read the guardians of ga’hoole books, I always want to be part of it, be like the characters, and crave the adventure. So I never stop reading them and act like Soren, Otulissa (the most), Gylfie, and a guardian of my own (I even say “Glaux” a lot of other things)!

25. Olivia M.

When I read the three books of Guardians of Ga’hoole, I was really attached to Soren and Otulissa so I started acting like them in real life.

26. CATFAIRY217

I have at 7th grade reading and I’m only in fourth grade!
    I do read under the covers after my bedtime sometimes.

27. Racquel

I’ve been so addicted to a book that i read it all night then i fell asleep. This is what happen first i was doing my homework then i was down. After that i started to read a book and then before i know it was 12 o’clock then i fell asleep

28. Dominique

I have been adiccted to Dork Diaries and even though i finished reading all the series i kept reading it again.

29. Shailai

I have been addicted to the book ” Because Of Winn – Dixie”, It is a book that I love because it is very interesting. At home when I am suppose to be going to bed some times I read it. I want to finish this book then I will get it for Christmas. I also love ” The One And Only Ivan”, “The Watsons Go To Birmingham”, Dymonde Daniel”, ‘ Ramona Quimby ” , and” Gabby Douglass”.

30. Zaryah

I have been stuck to a book because i was. Reading a “American Girl book” i was reading “Fork in the Trail” it was a very good book it was about. One of the American girls and she went hiking in the woods with her friends and they got lost.

31. Carlcia

The book that i am addicted judy moody because i wanted to stay home every day and just play at home and lay down and it my favorite in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have all the books to judy moody book s . And me and my cousin read the book every day when we come home from school. Cousin name is kezia and she comes to my school. She loves it to and she was screaming so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the book that i am addicted to judy moody.

32. Sarah

There is this book called Dork Dairies every day I have my nose stuck in it for at least 3 hours it is a really amazing book i highly consider it to young readers it is about a girl trying to be popular in middle school.

33. Mekhi

The book I was addicted to was the book Magic Pickle and the Garden of Evil. The book is a very cool book. The pickles can fly and they attack you.One of the pickles go home with this girl.

34. Jordan

I have been addicted to a book. The books name was ”Bone” which is a comic book. It really was good because it had talking animals and, Bone is a fictional book and, I looooooooove fictional books.

35. Soraya

One day I was in this group with my principal and a other couple students. And our principal gave us the book…”The One and Only Ivan”. It was probably the best book I ever read it was sad and happy at the same time it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. javier

There’s this one book I personally like , “goosebumps camp nightmoon’ once you start reading that book you can’t stop reading it.

37. ALEXIS

I felt like that once when I was reading a Judy moody book i took it every were i went i couldn’t stop reading it i was so stuck in the book i didn’t even know i was reading so fast.

38. Brandon J

I have been addicted i cannot get my hands of the book. I read it 12 times in a row and i love the book so much.The book is called ’39 clues book three you have to save the world from vespers.There are 29 chapters you have to read in order to save the ‘Dead of night’.

39. S

Yes i have.I was reading “Junie B Jones Theirs a Monster Under My Bed,” and every night I would read to my brother and then he would fall a sleep and I would still be reading it to my self that book was so good sometimes at park in I don’t go outside I would read my book 24/7. And that’s why I love “Junie B Jones Their a Monster Under My Bed.”

40. Brianna

I sometimes sleep with a book in my hand.My mom gets really mad because sometimes the pages get ripped,I sleep a little crazy.The book was called ”Summer of Moonlight secrets.” It was about a girl named Emily,one day she walked into this spooky haunted house.Anyways,she learned these secrets that were written a long time ago.Well,that is why I am addicted to books.

41. bryan

I have before the book was name super hero. It was about the super hero was saving people from the bad guys what about you? and yessssssssssssssssssss i didddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Brandon

43. bryan

44. Mariama

My favorite book is diary of the wimp kid.I was reading the book my math teacher told me
    to put it down.my ElA teacher told me top put it down .when i was in park I was
    reading that book and i enjoyed it.

45. MIDNIGHTATHENA32

I WAS SO ADDICTED TO A BOOK WHEN MY PARENTS CALLED ME I WAS LIKE “YA YA SURE”……….AND AN HOUR LATER I WAS LIKE “WAT?”

46. puppykitten57

One time we finished a test in school, so we got to read until the class was over. I was reading the last harry potter book (Come on fangirls/boys you know you want to freak out over it!) and the bell rang. I was still sitting in my seat and stayed there until, like, five minutes after school was over when my teacher tapped me on the head and told me it was time to go!

47. Addictor

Mhm. So true…
    You can obviously tell..by my name ;)
    Okay I shall come clean and tell you all…
    I.Am.A.Percy Jackson lover.
    I can never put down those books.It is some forcefield that holds that suspended “The Book” in air. Not my hands. No my hands would be not moving either. I would stare that “The book” down. I’d even thrown it at a wall once. Then caressed it in my hands saying “Oh bookie poo I am sorry I threw you across my room. It was on purpose because Percy had disappeared and I am sad.”
    I even once had been reading the Haddix-The Missing series and jsut about died.
    I sat done reading one..and the other magically propped up in my hands, my eyelids almost shut because it was midnight. Nonstop conversion of Missing children.
    It is even hard to not tell anyone about the crazy things that happen in these books that just make them irresistible.
    Even if I am a fast reader. I shall pay no attention to anything but those cruel magically published books.
    Amazing how books just take people away…Sorry reading. I am now being taken away ;)

48. pinkcupcake675

I got so addicted to a book that I sat down for 3 hours and read 5 chapters. It was called DREAD LOCKS (age 12 and up)

49. Aliyah

I’m obsessed with The Hunger Games! everything I say, do or think about is all the hunger games! I drive my friends nuts! but hey! The Hunger Games is AMAZING! TEAM PEETA FOREVER!!!

50. Athenahera55

I have been so addicted to my book that I got yelled at because I did not do my work. I still read a lot. That is how much I love a good book.

51. aaliyah

i have been so addicted to a book that my parents grounded me from reading for 2 weeks.. ……..isn’t it supposed to be the other way around for most kids though? Yeah we’re a wacky family lol :)

52. Sarah

Snuck my book under my pillow at summer camp and read all night, until i finished, pretending to be asleep when anyone got up to go to the bathroom.

53. brainwords4

I am a BOOK LOVER.
    I LOVE books.
    I read lots of series. My favorite series is Warriors by Erin Hunter. When I read a book in that series I can’t put the book down.

54. Manaal

I loved Little Darlings so much my mom wouldn’t allow me to take it to school. Typical. She does that with every book I get hooked up on.

55. venusmystery7

my BFF says i am the fastest reader in the world!One day she was mad cause i payed attention to the book more then her.

56. breezeambassador9

I have been adiccdid to a book the Dork diaries books are lol. The dork diaries are great and if I have any book I’m adictid

57. aquakitten912

I read this book and I was hooked to it. I tried to stayed up all night reading it by I can’t because I felt asleep. Also I did take the book with me when I go to the bathroom. Well, to tell you the truth I did that a lot of times.

58. silvertiger79

I have one book which is a novel and I can’t put down that book. The book I was reading is called Emily Windsnap and the Siren’s Secret. It was totally awesome and I can’t stop reading, in my opinion. I kept on thinking ” What happened next. Well, actually I have read tons of books and I can’t put hose books down either.

59. DragonFire138

I am such a bookworm. Any book that I see that seems interesting I just got to have it! This book series that I am addicted to is the “Wings of Fire” series. And no for the record, I’ve sneaked a book with me in the restroom.

1. Anonymous

I LOVE that one!!! I only read the first one but I love dragons. I have to wait forever to get the second book. There’s even going to be a fourth one! EEKK!! I was like 16/16 and now I’m like 3/21!

60. Katelyn

I have been so addicted to a book that if I had only 1 minute of free time in class I read it, I have been so addicted to a book that I answer every question with yes while I am reading, I have been so addicted to a book that when I am reading and it is loud around me, I zone all of the noise out
    Keep Calm and Just READ :)

1. Mariana

I love reading books, too. Any book I see that’s interesting I probably want to get it and read it. If I had 30 minutes of reading time in class, I would read that book

1. bookwormauthor20

I loooooooove dragons and reading those books. Have you ever read the how to train your dragon series?

61. bookwormgirl45

I can’t say that I’m addicted to one book in particular, I just can’t put down any and every book I read. Once I was reading a book while eating and I ended up dipping my food into a glass of water and I was like I should really stop reading now and focus on eating. It was really hilarious.

62. sillyparakeet5

I’ve been so into my book that:
    I’ve yelled at my family members for interrupting me while I was reading
    Stayed up late to read and finish
    and yes I have snuck books into the bathroom
    But it’s a price that a book worm must pay when they get addicted to a book. Lol :-)

1. BookAmber28

I did that exact thing! It was a book called ”The Mortal Instruments:Book One:City of Bones”. AND a few [ok a LOT of] others! My friend says I am the BEST reader in the world, I don’t know why.

PS: I got 861.3 AR points last year!

PPS: right now I have 281.5 points!

63. smartfur7

I love books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&cats i have a cat shes the best cat in the universe!!!!

64. TURQUOISEPANDA101

I’m addicted to the chronicles of vladimir tod (ages 12 and up), harry potter, hunger games (ages 12 and up), and twilight (grade 7 and up)

65. agentthor12

Been there.”The book” for me was Catching Fire. My BFF Breanna was talking to me on the phone but I wasn’t paying attention to a word she said because I was reading “the book”. I stayed up past 3:00am reading “the book”. When I finished “the book” I could barely do anything except wait for the next time we went to the library so I could get Mockingjay. Yup. I was defenitly addicted.

P.S: I didn’t spell “defenitly” right, I know.

1. BUBBLYBANANA28

OMG I JUST FINISHED CATCHING FIRE LIKE 15 MIN. AGO AND I STARTED MOCKING JAY I GOT THE WHOLE TRILOGY FOR CHRISTMAS THEY ARE SO AWESOME THE MOVIES ARE GOOD TOO I CANT WAIT FOR THE MOVIE MOCKING JAY TO COME OUT IT WAS SO SAD WHEN RUE DIED I CRIED!! (out of breath)
      P.S. team Peeta or team Gale?

66. fuschiapizza21

that is me right there, except i’m homeschooled, so my teacher is my mom. i also have another problem. i doodle a LOT. i’ll be trying to do school, and suddenly, i have an uncontrollable urge to draw something, anything. i’ll doodle- just a little, mind you- and three minutes later, i have ‘the urge’ again. ANNOYING!!!

67. Ariel

I have been so addicted to many books! My most addicting are library books . Also I have also been addicted to computer games and t.v shows because they are so good. Also school too.

68. Julia

I’ve been caught reading late at night before. 1AM, 2AM, 3AM. Once I stayed up the ENTIRE NIGHT reading. There is something so addicting about a good story. When a book it okay, i’ll finish it. But when a book is good– and I mean really good– like, John Green’s “The Fault in Our Stars” (Teen) good– there is nothing that will keep me from finishing it that week.
    When a book it that good… even danger won’t keep you from it. ** A WORD FOR THE WISE– DON’T TAKE GOOD BOOKS WITH YOU TO SCHOOL– YOU’LL GET CAUGHT READING THEM IN MATH CLASS AND YOU MIGHT GET HURT IF YOU DON’T LOOK WHERE YOU’RE GOING WHILE WALKING HOME.

69. Athenabasilisk60

I’ve been addicted to many books! In fact, I’ve been addicted to so many, I can’t name them all! My most addicting are “The Princess Diaries,” by Meg Cabot, “Flipped,” by Wendelin Van Draanen, and the “Harry Potter” series by J. K. Rowling! I am a complete bookworm! But, my favorite books that I can never put down are the ones that I write myself!

1. kali

my addiction is to harry potter to and i literally zone out into books so much that my parents have to shake me for me to stop reading

70. Analyzingwizard7

I have stayed up till 1 or 2 am while reading a lot of books. I’m more of a series guy. Harry Potter, of course, was my first series. Then Percy Jackson and then The 39 Clues. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was the reason I got glasses in 4th grade. And I have snuck more than one book in the bathroom.

1. drawingviolet8

I know people that do sneak magazines, books, even notebooks! I mean im not trying to be mean (because I do too sneak books in the bathroom) but people do it to relax I think.