What excitement! What a thrill! What an ending! Did you love the ending to The Invention of Hugo Cabret as much as I did? This book was packed full of adventure and suspense. I can’t wait to discuss the ending with my fellow Stackers.
If you missed the first discussion, click here and see what we discussed in Meeting 1. And now, without further ado, here are the official discussion questions for this week’s STACKS Book Club meeting.
- What did you think it meant when Papa Georges’ signature was on the bottom of the drawing?
- Where you more scared or excited when Hugo discovered the hidden drawings?
- What did you think would result from Etienne and Rene Tabard’s visit at Papa Georges’ house?
- Did you think that Hugo would escape the Station Master during the big chase scene?
- Were you satisfied by the ending with Papa Georges at the film academy and the big revelation about Hugo?
- How would you compare the book to the movie Hugo (rated PG), which is based on Brian Selznick’s story?
Feel free to answer any or all the questions in the Comments below. Or pose your own questions to the STACKS Book Club. Also, if you loved The Invention of Hugo Cabret, learn more about Brian Selznick’s other amazing book, Wonderstruck.
— Brian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)