August 17, 2013

Rescue Princesses: The Secret Promise Sneak Peek

Posted by at 2:21 pm in Reads, Sneak Peek | Permalink

Rescue Princesses: The Secret Promise book coverRescue Princesses: The Secret Promise Sneak Peek

In The Secret Promise, Emily and her family are attending the grand Mistberg Ball. While she’s there, Emily teams up with some new friends to rescue an injured deer. With that, the Rescue Princesses are created! Take an exclusive sneak peek below at a scene not included in the original book.

Two days after the ball, I longed to see the deer that my Rescue Princess friends Clarabel, Lulu, Jaminta, and I had rescued. I sneaked out of the castle and over to the garden shed where it was recovering. My heart thudded as I opened the shed door a tiny crack. I wondered if the deer would seem stronger today. Would it be able to stand up on its injured leg?

A rustling noise came from a dark corner at the back. My deer walked right up and looked at me with beautiful brown eyes. It tilted its head a little and one ear twitched. I knelt down to check on its leg and saw that the wound had healed up completely. I was so happy!

The deer nudged my shoulder playfully and trotted to the open doorway. It looked around shyly for a moment and then skipped across the vegetable patch. I was amazed at how gracefully it moved.

I called out, telling it to wait for me as I dashed from the shed. Unluckily, mean Queen Trudy was just coming around the corner. I crashed right into her, sending her tumbling into a row of cabbages.

I said I was sorry and then rushed off after the deer. I just hope Queen Trudy can get the cabbage stains out of her royal robes!

Want to meet the other Rescue Princesses and their pets? Meet Lulu from The Moonlight Mystery, Jaminta from The Stolen Crystals, and Clarabel from The Wishing Pearl.

–Vanessa, Scholastic Staffer

1. Mom of 6 year old boy/girl twins

My children love “The Rescue Princesses” and we are reading the series for the second time.

My children are learning to read and I told them I would read a chapter of “The Rescue Princesses” for every book they read to me. My daughter sat down and read me 12 early reader books in a row!

We are eagerly awaiting book 13. Can you give us any clues to if and when there will be one?

2. Anonymous

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

3. Anonymous

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg i love this book

4. jakayla

i love that she saved a deer and that she got lost in the woods then all these nice vampires and they tired to eat the deer and they killed the gril so that they could turn the deer into a vampire

1. jakayla

i think this book is very good for kids in the second or third grade and not for sixth grade and up

5. lve51

I think that kids younger than 13 shouldn’t be on social network sites for grownups because strangers can take your personal information like your address and that,s danger.So I think that parents need to talk whit kids about this because they can be bulling. If a kid have a social network account their patterns need to talk whit kids about this because strangers can be on

6. blackbird3347

Seems okay. . .for babies! I mean really? Princesses rescuing deer? That never happens anymore, if it ever did. No offense, your highness. Ha, ha.

7. Angelina

please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! im behind.

8. syd

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it ttylxox

9. dinglebells

how do you play it !seriously i do not know how to playthe game.
    PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

10. mary

I just love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. jasmine

I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this book

1. PAN

How can you handle having your sister fall asleep when your still reading, does it get anoying or what.
      p.s.I like the to read it to. It is a very good book.

12. PurpleRabbit

love it!!! i love pets,bunny.who ever wrote this book rocks and they should never end writing it.my bffs would love it to,i am totally telling everyone at school

1. sade

why not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Lizzy

Oh my god i love these books the pets are so cute i wish i was those girls with those a some pets i love them! If the person who wrote this is reading this never stop making these books you rock! LOVE LIZZY

1. HAZEL

I just luv these books! My older sister would HATE them though…
      my younger cousin would die for them!