August 28, 2013

August Books of the Month

Posted by at 1:06 am in Reads | Permalink

Writing_prompt_book_recommendationAugust Books of the Month

The Books of the Month series continues! Here’s how it works. You write the titles of the books you are reading right now, and I make a word cloud out of all your recommendations. Remember, the more votes a title gets, the bigger the print. This month it looks like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and The Hunger Games (for ages 12 and up) are in a dead tie. Take a look.AugustBooks

Keep the Comments coming for next month’s Book Wordle! Leave a Comment with the title of the book you are reading right now, and I will make a new word cloud of all our reads for the whole month.

1. BOBBY

Nickel Plated By Aric Davis (age 12 and up)

This is one of the best books of all time and a must read.

Alabama Moon

Another amazing read you have to read this amazing story of a boy who lives on his own.

PLEASE READ THESE STORIES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND IF YOU HAVE READ THESE YOU ARE PRETTY COOL> SO BE COOL AND AWESOME!!!!!!!

2. crazycupcake27

I am reading and enjoying the book ‘Anything but Typical’ by Nora Raleigh Baskin. I also have read “The One And Only Ivan” By Katherine Applegate. Also:

3. elfheroine1

The Hobbit, Tolkien
    The Lord of the Rings, Tolkien
    Smile,Raina Telgemeier
    Alex Rider, Anthony Horowitz
    Artemis Fowl, Eoin Colfer
    W.A.R.P. The Reluctant Assassin, Eoin Colfer
    A Study in Scarlet,The Sign of the Four (both of these are Sherlock Holmes)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    The One and Only Ivan, Katherine Applegate
    Wild Wings, Gill Lewis
    Things Not Seen, Andrew Clements
    Eragon, Christopher Paolini
    Eldest, Christopher Paolini
    Flipped, Wendelin Van Draanen
    The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Brian Selznick
    Wonderstruck, Brian Selznick
    A Dogs Life and Everything For a Dog, Ann M. Martin
    There, those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head.
    WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

4. bookwormgirl45

My all time favs:
    Percy Jackson
    Heroes of Olympus
    Kane chronicles
    Bartimaeus Trilogy
    Lockwood and Co. (Haven’t read it yet but Rick Riordan says its awesome so I’m guessing it is)
    Artemis Fowl
    and then there is this book I’ve been reading ( not my fav but still good) called Dancing Jax ( I know the title’s funny but the book’s kinda good. Any one else heard of it??)

5. Liana

Middle School series by James Patterson, Harry Potter, The Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson, Heroes Of Olympus, Priscilla The Great by Sybil Nelson, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid. (Harry Potter would be at the top of my list, followed by PJO, then HOO, Wimpy Kid, then Priscilla The great)

6. Happyisis5

I LOVE
    1.SMILE :D :)
    2.Percy Jackson Series
    3.Heroes Of Olympus Series
    These are my Favorite Books and Series :) :D <3

7. Gopherchess4

I like Harry Potter a tiny bit more than the Hunger games so here would be my list…
    1.Harry Potter
    2.Hunger Games
    3.Percy Jackson(I’ve never read the books)

8. Analyzingwizard7

Obviously, the 39 clues. Nowhere to Run will come on 1st of Booktober, which will also bring Heroes of Olympus 4 The House of Hades and Allegiant. Awesomereads!