July 10, 2013

STACKS Book Club: Dork Diaries Meeting 2

Posted by at 7:00 am in Reads | Permalink

StacksBookClubSTACKS Book Club: Dork Diaries

Dork Diaries is really starting to heat up! There’s romance, adventure, and little sisters that are afraid of fairies. I hope you’re loving this book as much as I am, because I just can’t get enough of it. I hope all you Ink Splotters are in the mood to talk Dork Diaries because it’s time for another Book Club meeting! If you missed Meeting 1, it’s not too late to catch up.

Now, without any further ado, here are this week’s office Book Club meeting discussion questions!Dork Diaries Tales from a Not So Fabulous Life

• What did you think about Nikki’s invention, the faux cell phone thingy?
  • Do you think Nikki should run away with Chloe and Zoey for National Library Week?
  • Would you rather have performed a ballet routine or Nikki’s dance to “Thriller” by Michael Jackson?
  • I love how Nikki describes stomach butterflies as “Roller-Coaster Syndrome.” Have you ever experienced this before?
  • I was so worried when Nikki was trapped in MacKenzie’s bathroom. Did you think she’d get caught?
  • What do you think of Brianna’s irrational fear of fairies? Do you have any irrational fears?

Feel free to answer any or all of these questions or post your own questions in the Comments below! Also be sure to finish Dork Diaries and click here for the final meeting about this awesome book!

image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

1. maryrose

wow,you are so right about dork diaries I fineshed reading all of them at least five times those books are addicting

1. lizet

i only got 1 book and i read it at least 10 times, and they crack me up everytime i read it!
      LOL

2. Greta

1. I like the faux cell phone thingy is actually pretty cool. She should have gotten different paint though.
    2. I’m pretty sure Chloe and Zoey were exaggerating when they said they were going to run away.
    3. Believe it or not, my school glee club, which I’m in, actually did dance to Thriller once!
    4. I did the first time I went on the diving board at the pool.
    5. I was thinking she’d get caught and the school would know her dad was an exterminator.
    6. I’m afraid of being by myself.

3. gymnasticspurple125

I love dork diaries books! they are sooooo funny ha ha. roller coaster syndrome….. I get it all the time! I would much rather dance to thriller, for sure! love this book. :)

4. purpleipod337

The faux cell phone thingy, on my opinion is very hilarious. It shawos that Nikki is very hopeless to have a “call phone” and sit at the CCP’s (cute, cool and popular) table.

If Nikki thinks her parents are braindead, then i’m sure since the very first day she started thinking this, she wanted to go away. It could be anywhere, anywhere except the street she lives on.

Many people would pick classical ballet to dance, but, my personality is to have a crazy party with Micharl Jackson’s “Thriller”.

I have totally experienced this. It happens alot, but, especially when a guy smiles or talks to me in a deep conversation.

When Nikki was trapped in MacKenzie’s bathroom, I had several thoughts in my mind. But here is just one. “I’m sorry Nikki, but I’m not sure whether to choose you or MacKenzie.”

Brianna’s fear of fairies is absouloutely ridiculous. There is probably no such thing, either! I have a few fears but would prefer to keep them personal.

5. Hannah

1. Great idea!! Lol
    2. Definitely
    3. Thriller, For sure
    4. Hasn’t Everyone??!? Ahhhh….
    5. Idk but I was kinda freaking out too
    6. I think her fear is both sad and hilarious, and yes I do….Yeahhhh…. Lets not talk about it Ok? Ok.

1. Elizabeth

Having read this I believed it was emterxely enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this content together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

6. Ayla

1. Her fake cell phone faux thing is kinda a pretty good idea, but for her it was not good because she is allergic to the spray paint and got a big rash. It would kinda make you look popular but if everyone knew about it they would know its a fake.
    2. I don’t think they should run away because they would miss some of there school time and their parents would wonder about them and worry as well.
    3. I think I would do both because I think ballet and Micheal Jackson songs are pretty cool but if I had to pick one it would probably normal ballet.
    4. I have sometimes have experienced that feeling but not regularly.
    5. I thought so too, but apparently Brianna just kicked MacKenzie and it was really serious and painful. Nikki tricked Brianna into thinking MacKenzie was the tooth fairy when she actually wasn’t. Nikki thought that it was a funny experience.
    6. It’s kinda funny that Brianna is scared of tooth fairies when they are meant to be nice pretty fairies, but it’s just that Nikki told Brianna a scary story about the tooth fairy and now Brianna is scared to death of the tooth fairy. Also I have a big fear and it is of creepy crawlies or bugs especially spiders.

7. DECIPHERINGBRAIN16

dork diaries is mainly for eary tweens . Out of five stars i’d give it four or three stars. It is a fairly good book , but it is not that superb and is very similar to Diary of a Wimpy kid except more in the genre for females , unlike how Diary Of A Wimpy kid connects to all genres

8. Adventurepegaus10

1. I forget this one because I read the book last year and when I go to the library, getting dork diaries isn’t on my mind.
    2. DEFINETLY!!!!!! The library is a great place even for those reluctant readers!!!! And she won’t lose anything from it. But if she’s not supposed to then no because it’s too risky.
    3. Thriller, of course!!! But in Nikki’s position I would have done ballet because that was the whole point!! If I danced to thriller in ballet I would fail :O(I’m not saying I take ballet lessons and I’m not saying that I’m perfect because of the :O reaction to failing)
    4. Yeah!! I am sure I got it before but I just can’t remember a specific one right now
    5. I know the answer so I’m not saying it.
    6. It is incredibly weird and that fear for brinna is just dumb. A little girl afraid of fairies!?!!?!?!
    My fears are spiders, snakes and sometimes bugs

1. Adventurepegasus10

Actually I don’t think they should run away because it’s wrong and they’ll miss school.
      Also their parents would get worried.