July 3, 2013

STACKS Book Club: Dork Diaries Meeting 1

Posted by at 7:00 am in Reads | Permalink

StacksBookClubSTACKS Book Club: Dork Diaries

What a fantastic start to the STACKS Book Club. I’m absolutely in love with Dork Diaries and I’m having trouble putting down the book to even write this meeting post. I completely feel like I’m in school with Nikki and I think the drawings perfectly complement the story.

So now, without further ado, I give you the official discussion questions for our first meeting!Dork Diaries Tales from a Not So Fabulous Life

• What do you think of Nikki?
  • Do you like the style of the book, with lots of pictures to go with the stories?
  • How does MacKenzie stack up against other famous literary villains?
  • It looks like Nikki has a big crush on Brandon. Where do you see their relationship going?
  • What do you predict will happen with Nikki in the annual art show?
  • Nikki must have been so embarrassed after the incident in the lunch room. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment like that?

Feel free to answer any or all of these questions or post your own questions in the Comments below! Also be sure to read up to the September 29th entry and check back for next week’s Book Club meeting!
image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

1. study book21

Oh my gush !~! big fan of Dork Diaries have many things in common but not a dork just a nerd with friend’s and drama trying to keep my grades up cause rite now i have straight A’s.

2. nomadquiet7

I love dork diaries they have really good stories they are awesome.if you didn’t read one yet you should they are awesome stories bye-bye have a nice day.

3. happydragonflly22

well , read almost all of the dork diaries and it is a teenage girl with some bullying problems and some boy problems so i rate this book teenager

4. Ayla

1. Nikki is really cute and pretty but, people don’t really like her and she is unpopular.
    2. I love the style of the books. The writing and drawing are amazing and the story makes me want to read more.
    3. I don’t get what you mean, by that sentence.
    4. She loves Brandom and her relationship is going well with him. In the other books they all like each other and eventually they are together in the last book number 6.
    5. I thought MacKenzie would win but apparently Nikki won with the help of her friends, true friends.
    6. I have had a few when people told secrets that I didn’t like to share and sometimes when I do different kinds of things.

5. Olivia

Hi!! Well, I think Dork Diaries is amazing! I have all the books including 3 1/2 and the new 1. Anyway, I think Nikki as a dork (duh), but a totally nice 1. She is kind, funny, & a bit of a scardey cat. But she is also brave in other situations. I do like the style of the book. The pictures r silly & cute. MacKenzie Hollister is pretty mean, but just like any average popular girl— perfect clothes, hair, posture, no saying dumb things @ dumb times, and totally mean. And Nikki’s relationship with Brandon is going very well, considering he is popular, and she isn’t, plus the fact that he chooses her over MacKenzie. I can’t predict what happens bcuz I’ve read it b4. And no, I haven’t. I mean, sure I’ve had embarrassing moments, but nothing where every single person is laughing AT me, rather than WITH me.

6. Julia

I see them becoming a cute couple! In the later books they are still friends, but brandon definatly has feelings for her, or he’s sending mixed emotions. MacKenzie is such a JERK! :)

7. TURQUOISEPANDA101

1.Nikki is a shy, artistic girl who is afraid to stand up and say what she wants to say to MaKenzie. 5. I predict Nikki’s portrait will get ruined but her friends will have a surprise for her and she wins.

8. caramelcareful6

before i didn’t like dork diaries but my friend made me read the first book and now i am adicted to dork diaries.

1. study book21

That is so awesome like totally tell me about it i ready like all of her books and reflact it on life things i mean Mackenzie needs to fix her little attitude cause like no one even likes her not even Brandon i mean he totally likes Nikki and Nikki has some relly freinds like sometimes i feel so bad for Nikki but in other tomes like when her life is going awesome its so coolll.By the way I enjoy reading her books ad finish 1 1/2 of the whole entire books!!!!!!!!!l.L.O.L

9. madeline

I love the whole book series and don’t want to spoil anything for anyone. I have read every book except the latest edition to the series ( book 6 ) Hope everyone enjoys ;)