July 3, 2013

STACKS Book Club: Dork Diaries Meeting 1

Posted by at 7:00 am in Reads | Permalink

StacksBookClubSTACKS Book Club: Dork Diaries

What a fantastic start to the STACKS Book Club. I’m absolutely in love with Dork Diaries and I’m having trouble putting down the book to even write this meeting post. I completely feel like I’m in school with Nikki and I think the drawings perfectly complement the story.

So now, without further ado, I give you the official discussion questions for our first meeting!Dork Diaries Tales from a Not So Fabulous Life

• What do you think of Nikki?
  • Do you like the style of the book, with lots of pictures to go with the stories?
  • How does MacKenzie stack up against other famous literary villains?
  • It looks like Nikki has a big crush on Brandon. Where do you see their relationship going?
  • What do you predict will happen with Nikki in the annual art show?
  • Nikki must have been so embarrassed after the incident in the lunch room. Have you ever had an embarrassing moment like that?

Feel free to answer any or all of these questions or post your own questions in the Comments below! Also be sure to read up to the September 29th entry and check back for next week’s Book Club meeting!
image from kids.scholastic.comBrian, STACKS Writer (a.k.a. BlackBird268)

1. greengray64

Dork Diaries seems cool so i guess i will try to get into the book and read it !
    Your statement made me change my mind.

2. pinkbull331

I like dork diaries, I just wish their were more of them! I read them all in about a month, I eventually got tired of waiting for a new book, so……………. I moved on to the Warriors cats. Best books ever are the warriors! I am glad they ran out of dork diaries so that I can move on to a better book. Warrior cats rule!!!! If you have never read the warriors you need to start! They are awesome…..no, they are supercalafragalisticexpialladocias and more!!!!

3. dolphinadorable67

1. Nikki is a kind and artistic teenager.
    2. I like the pictures because they really make me laugh, and they describe exactly how Nikki is thinking, so yes.
    3. She’s pretty mean.
    4. They like each other. Their relationship will go well.
    5. She is gonna win.
    6. No, I’m glad I never have had hot lunch before.

-dolphinadorable67

4. gigantichurricane16

Nikki is, well Nikki! She is so insecure, and has such low self-esteem. But she does come up with great comebacks! In her head, of course! I wonder why Nikki is so unsure if Brandon really likes her or not., even after it’s so obvious that Brandon like-likes her back.

5. randomsleeper7

sometimes I.m to shy to talk but when my bff sylvia or mikayla or eliza come they make me so happy and not that much shy at all

6. Michael

Dork diaries is a cool book. My sister has a lot of the them. p.s. I think is one of best books ever!

7. Syd

Dork Diaries is awesome to me. I have two of them.Write back pretty please!!! P.S. I love your books so munch that i want hundred of them so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Gopherchess4

What do you think of Nikki? She is a very nice girl I don’t know why she calls herself a dork :?

1. First Name Only or STACKS username

I think nikki is cool, but not a dork! I think she should be proud of who she is!!!!!!!!!! Because if she was real, God made her perfect!!!!!!!!!!! : ]

2. journeyclever10{jc10}

I guess she calls hersefl a dork because that is her personality;] Everyone has an inner dork!

3. DOGAQUA623

I really like Nikki and i think she calls herself a dork because she believes that she is a dork even though she isin’t. Do you like Mac Kensie? I do!!!