June 10, 2013

Best Books Writing Prompt

Posted by at 4:20 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bookWriting Prompt: Books I wish I could read again for the first time

Did you ever read a book that was so good, you almost wish you hadn’t finished it . . . so you could read it again for the first time? Only a few books are that special. Harry Potter, The Giver, or The Hunger Games (for ages 12 and up) come to my mind. Not only were they great while I read them, but they had crazy endings, so it would be good not to know before starting to read them!

What about you guys? What are the books YOU think are so good you wish you could read them again for the first time? Let us know in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Thia

Books that I’ll read again
    The Girl Who Could Fly
    library wars( ages 12 and up)3
    The boy in the striped pygamas

2. galejoyous7

There are many books I would love to read again for the first time! Here are a few: Percy Jackson and the Olympians 1-5, Heroes of Olympus 1-3 (Hurry up House of Hades), The 39 Clues 1-11 and Cahills vs. Vespers, Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children, and The Ghost of Graylock!!!!

3. Sofia

I just finished reading Wonder by R.J. Palacio I think, and I could not put it down. Once I finished it, I was so sad it was over. I wanted to keep reading.

4. amethystbasilisk19

I have 2 favorite series of books:
    1. The Harry Potter series
    2. The Percy Jackson series

5. sillyparakeet5

The Hunger Games. I absolutely loved the books but when I tried to reread them for a second time…well let’s say I only had about two chapters left of Mockingjay that I didn’t finish. I already knew the ending! Also I wish I could read the Outsiders again. (I’m kind of obsessed with it now.) I cried at least three times while reading. Stay gold!you guys. High five to those who know what I mean.

6. candyactor9

i wish i could read the lost hero,diary of a wimpy kid,the lightning thief,the titans curse,out of my mind everybody needs to read “out of my mind” its a really great book i’m not joking or kidding

7. keira

i love goosebumpse sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much that i whant to be a vampier

8. Daisy

I wish I hadn’t finished all the candy apple books because they make you think what will happen next and the harry potter collection did the same to me now that I finished the

9. basketballzeus17

i wish i could read hp years 1-7, the giver, percy jackson series, the heroes of olympus, and diary of a wimpy kid. also the hunger games series… excluding mockingjay
    fyi it stunk

10. greenelf73

i toataly wish i hadent finished
    the baby sitters club series (ann m. martin)
    11 birthdays(wendy mass)
    12 finally (wendy mass)

11. Maya

I wish that I had’nt finished a book called the secret of zoom. It is a 300 page book packed with so much amazing literature that if I had to say it all I’d be dead by the time i finished!

12. awesomehermes8

The Mark of Athena has the WORST ENDING ever!!!!! Percy and annabeth just fell into tartarus and all Leo says is “we’ve got some friends to save.” AAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. awesomehermes8

I wish I hadnt finished Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus or Kane Chronicles. Also, I really liked the Guardians of Ga’hoole series too.

14. Lulu

I wished I have never finished this REALLY GOOD book called
    Dear America
    The 1st and 2nd Diary of Abigail Jane Stewart. The Winter of the Red Snow and Cannons at Dawn. They were so good books!!!!!

15. Michelle

Some books I wish I could read again for the first time are Dragon Slippers and Leven Thumps. But, unlike most people, I have read Fablehaven and Harry Potter many times, even with the known ending. They are just that good!

16. silvercountry8

i wish i hadn’t finished the heroes of olympus series, the percy jackson series, and the kane chronicles series!
    i also wish i hadn’t finished the hunger games series though i am so unhappy with the ending!