June 10, 2013

Best Books Writing Prompt

Posted by at 4:20 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bookWriting Prompt: Books I wish I could read again for the first time

Did you ever read a book that was so good, you almost wish you hadn’t finished it . . . so you could read it again for the first time? Only a few books are that special. Harry Potter, The Giver, or The Hunger Games (for ages 12 and up) come to my mind. Not only were they great while I read them, but they had crazy endings, so it would be good not to know before starting to read them!

What about you guys? What are the books YOU think are so good you wish you could read them again for the first time? Let us know in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Rachel

I loved the Harry Potter books. I also loved the Vampire Academy series and Bloodlines series. I also love the Hunger games, which I have read each book seven times.

2. Minkaqua11

I SO WISH I hadn’t finished The Girl Who Can Fly. It had so many exciting twists and turns. And at the end, that was one big surprise! (I won’t spoil it for you.) GAH I wish there was a sequel!

3. dogmystery55

The Harry Potter series was great i loved it other books i loved were the percy jackson series and the giver was to die for lets never for get Matched or Out Of My Mind and I’m sure no one will ever forget the classic Number the Stars best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. brainypuma10

A book wish I have never finished reading was White Dolphin by Gill Lewis. I could not remember how sad it was to find out about what would happen next. I cried and cried during my reading. Some people even saw me crying at school during free time! O would want to keep that book close to me forever. The last book I wish I have never finished was, Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell. That book really made me cry. I would never forget the day reading that book. I mean all these books I read made me feel so dramatic, energetic, in all kinds of ways. Reading books is what I will always do.

5. abby

Tunnels: I picked Tunnels because it was a very suspenseful story. and it had lots of suprising twists and i cant wait to read the rest of the books!!

6. bubblysunshine13

I really love the Gallagher Girls series, but OF COURSE the series is ending this year! Te books are amazing!:D

7. Won't tell you!

I read all the books you mentioned. This is the list of books I want to read and never end:
    The Giver
    No Limits(Michal Phelps)
    Drama
    Smile
    39 Clues
    Goddess Girls
    Hunger Games: Tribute Guide
    I love all these books. these writers have true talent. All these books will stay in my heart forever.

8. Heather

Omg entire Warriors series and Harry Potter, Percy Jackson actually all Rick Riordan books, and Twice upon a time.

9. madpowerful7

The book I wish I hadn’t finished was The Georges and the Jewels. I wish I hadn’t finished it, because Abbey has such a strong bond with the horses, and it’s has such suspense (even though it’s not a mystery) that it’s so hard to put down (I finished The Georges and the Jewels a while ago, though)! I couldn’t wait for the next book! Secondly, there is The Leanin’ Dog, because it had a WONDERFUL meaning to it ,and REALLY showed the friendship of a boy and his dog!

10. Adventurepegasus10

I wish I hadn’t finished all of the books in the Harry potter and Percy Jackson series
    There was so much adventure, action and suspense!!!!

11. chorusdrama4

i love all 3 of the hunger games.my only regret of reading the books is that i finished them all and i cant wait to see the movies!

12. orangerainbow20

I wish I had never finished reading The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs. It’s about a boy who reads about the 7 wonders of the world, and decided to find 7 wonders in his town (Sassafras Springs). He goes around, and finds people who have these seemingly useless, old things, but which have amazing stories behind them. I wish there wasn’t only 7, I wish there was a million, so I could spend all day reading them, and for years to come!

13. boldeagle33

I wish I had not finished reading the missing manatee. it was the best mystery book I had ever read.

14. bookwormgirl45

I so wish I could read the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus series all over again. The end of Mark Of Athena was just so sad and there’s like half a year left before I get to read House of Hades. I really want to read the series again but it won’t be so fun as it was the first time. :(

15. FashionCupcake48

I wish I hadn’t finished reading:
    Heroes of Olympus: The Mark of Athena. Because it had SUCH a heart wrenching soul breaking ending and it nearly killed me when I found out that i would have to wait A WHOLE YEAR to find out what happened next.
    Obviously I wish I hadn’t finished reading Harry Potter because firstly: these are books that can NEVER be taken away from my heart and secondly: I was SO young when I finished the last book (about nine years) that I now wish that I could get the chance of reading the last epic battle between Harry and Voldemort again for the first time, not knowing what could happen.
    Lastly I wish I hadn’t finished Khaled Hosseini’s A Thousand Splendid Suns (not a children’s book) because all of Hosseini’s books are SO sad that you have no choice but to cry yet he is such and AMAZING author that you can’t help it either.