May 6, 2013

School Dress Code Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:24 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bananaSchool Dress Code Writing Prompt
Catwhiskers

Just about every school has a dress code of some kind. Some schools have uniforms and are very strict about them. Some schools have uniforms, but there is room for some creative expression as long as you follow the rules. Some schools don’t allow tank tops or shorts. Some schools don’t allow hats.

Today’s Writing Prompt puts the school dress code question to you. How do you deal with your school’s dress code? Is it possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style?

How do you dress for success at school? Leave your answers in the Comments!

1. Shannon

I’m homeschooled so I don’t have a dress code, but my mom does tell me what I can and cant wear. So all I have is natural good parenting.

2. dogcat4204

I have a dress code at my school, and I like it. at my old school I got made fun because I wore simple things. With dress code I don’t have to worry because everybody the same thing.

3. audrey

at our school, we can not wear tank tops or hats, and our shorts have to be down to our knees. i am the kind of person who has my own unique style, and i like to show it off but the thing is… were not allowed to wear hats. i disagree with this rule, but i understand the others. my school thinks that wearing a hat would be a distraction. i dont understand how a hat of all things could be distracting!

4. poseidonaqua99

I think this is a great idea for a report. My junuior high tends to have a LOT of scarves and dresses. I’m a very sporty person, so I won’t go for the dresses. I look really good in scarves and hats. I’m going to aim for the scarf fashion wave!

5. Jaycie

at my school we have uniforms, but I do my personalizing by accessorizing! From headbands to bracelets I show my own unique style through small things.

6. adorabledog151

We don’t have to wear uniforms at my school. I like that we don’t have to because then we would be wearing the same old uniform everyday and if the uniform doesn’t get washed then you probably wouldn’t have a uniform to wear to school. Unless you have two or three uniforms. I love wearing my own style to school.

7. Nicole

I hate my school dress code.We can’t wear our own jacket,Monday and Friday we have to wear my school uniform dress.We need to tie up our hair with blue rubberband and can’t wear colorful socks even black.Only white and black shoe,also on the other days we wear P.E. uniform.