May 6, 2013

School Dress Code Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:24 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bananaSchool Dress Code Writing Prompt
Catwhiskers

Just about every school has a dress code of some kind. Some schools have uniforms and are very strict about them. Some schools have uniforms, but there is room for some creative expression as long as you follow the rules. Some schools don’t allow tank tops or shorts. Some schools don’t allow hats.

Today’s Writing Prompt puts the school dress code question to you. How do you deal with your school’s dress code? Is it possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style?

How do you dress for success at school? Leave your answers in the Comments!

1. Kasey

at my school we cant wear baseball caps, or shorts that go below our fingertips when our arms are at our sides. we also cant have weapons or foul language of any kind on our clothing

2. First Name Only or STACKS username

My school has uniforms, and we are not allowed to wear neon. We have to wear navy, white and black socks. the teachers CHECK! But I put on makeup in the morning.

3. birddog368

i wear all the new clothes and styles. i don’t like that we can’t wear spaghetti straps so i buy the thick strap kind. whoever wears uniforms i think its dumb u should have the freedom to pick what u wear. i think that some dress codes are alright but some i cant stand we should have the freedom to pick what we wear.

4. birddog368

i wear all the new styles and all the new clothes i have. i hate that u cant wear spaghetti straps so all of my tanks are the thick strap kind. im not a fan of belly shirts so thats ok

1. anubishouse34

me too i have a dress code i just want to express my feelings and my mood in my clothes is it really that hard to do my school district uhh

1. andrea

its like you are all the same trust me being dirfferent is better than being the same be cuae we wear unifroms

5. Sara

it is rather strict in our school to wear uniform and we can only wear fancy dresses on parties or important events. i hate this rule darn it and for my school if they read it;
    we should be allowed to wear cute clothes. :-p

1. andrea

sometimes they let us dress down but its for a reason like red ribbon week and we could only waer red shirts and jeans

6. Rebeccer

OMG this happens all the time with my school uinform!! me and kids at my school try and costomize but the teacher tell us not to NOT FAIR they get to where oufit everyday!! Teachers should have uinfroms to!!!!!!!!!!!!.

7. fangpink42

hi i am fangpink42 and i think that every one is very good at reading and i hope every school does best at reading and every one is fun at reanding

8. purplewizard50

I have a uniform in my school. :( (. We,like, get in trouble if we even wear the wrong colored hair band or socks. They say that the other kids get jealous if you have a really nice hair band or something and they have a boring one. Fine, I get that. But who would be jealous of anyone’s socks???!!!!!!
    -Purplewizard