May 6, 2013

School Dress Code Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:24 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bananaSchool Dress Code Writing Prompt
Catwhiskers

Just about every school has a dress code of some kind. Some schools have uniforms and are very strict about them. Some schools have uniforms, but there is room for some creative expression as long as you follow the rules. Some schools don’t allow tank tops or shorts. Some schools don’t allow hats.

Today’s Writing Prompt puts the school dress code question to you. How do you deal with your school’s dress code? Is it possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style?

How do you dress for success at school? Leave your answers in the Comments!

1. kristan

My school says NO holes in jeans or else you’ll have to go home and change or tape them up and they say no spaghetti straps,or any shirt that is not at least two inches wide across the shoulder. We dont have to wear uniforms so I am grateful for that. For all the kids that wear uniforms, you can wear some bracelets,necklaces,or earrings. You can express yourself with your attitude,personality,and voice.

2. Rebekah

My school does have a dress code. Nobody really pays any attention to our school’s dress code. We can’t ware short shorts, tank tops with spaghetti straps, hats, sunglasses, shirt that have low hanging necks and more. In P.E. we must wear our P.E. uniforms or the Teacher will lower your grade. Teachers never enforce the dress code ,except in P.E., so it doesn’t really matter. Usually we follow the dress code without even thinking about it.

3. mermaidhorse18

at my school we dress down every friday but still have dress code i agree with allison uniforms hide our creativity im an origanal i dont want to look exactly like every body else im not saying anybody looks bad i just have my own style.

4. happyrainbow20

This is a very interesting topic. we saw this in a scholastic news once. I think dress codes should not exist mainly because that is the only way kids can say who they really are without being judged.I mean,sure, kids will still be made fun of but at least they still have some kind of form of freedom.

5. joyfulbreeze26

my old school had uniforms but now my new school doesn’t have any (yay!) but i still wish i was home schooled :( ttylxox by.

6. joyfulbreeze26

i like to wear anything what i can’t stand is shoes! they make your feet hot and sweaty who agrees with me? comment anyway they are just G-R-O-S-S

7. glamorousswimming5

in my school we have to wear only the school colors. To show my creative i wear braclets all they can do is tell ypu to take it off right.

8. bluedog3510

If there was a “dress code” at my school, I wouldn’t want to follow them. Beacuse fashion expreses felling and the way you roll. I don’t like dress codes at all because other people don’t let you show and express feeling and te way you roll. Dress codes are something on never to do list.

9. bandastronomy152

I have a dress code at school. My school can not wear sunglasses or hats in school but if it is winter time we could wear hats. we can not dye our hair completly a diffrent color or we can’tput the top of the hoodie on our head. over the years I found out we can do thoese things at recess but our school dose not like when we wear flip flops. or paint our nails. A lot of people wear flip flops and paint there nails but they do not get in trouble they just do not like it. our dress code is not very strict i am happy.also we are not aloud to wear cut offs.

10. PurpleArtemis25

At my school,we have a uniform. It’s really strict- You can get a detention if you’re not wearing the right shoes!
    There really isn’t much freedom in accessories either. Any hair band,bracelet,earring or even SOCKS you wear has to be in the school colors.
    Hats aren’t allowed in the building,which I believe is a rule in many places.

11. historytoes7

I wish we could wear what ever we want to school it would be so awesome I can already imagine it in my head it being the best thing that the school ever made anyone else who agrees say I very loudly.

12. brilliantboy10

I don’t like uniforms and dress codes. My school has one. Everyone has his/her dressing sense.

13. Shaundra

My school dress code just got changed so that shorts only have to be as long as your thumb instead of your fingertips. This makes it easier for me to find shorts because I have longer arms. The whole reason that my dress code got changed is because somebody started a petition. I suggest that if you don’t agree with something, take action to change it instead of standing around doing nothing.