May 6, 2013

School Dress Code Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:24 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bananaSchool Dress Code Writing Prompt
Catwhiskers

Just about every school has a dress code of some kind. Some schools have uniforms and are very strict about them. Some schools have uniforms, but there is room for some creative expression as long as you follow the rules. Some schools don’t allow tank tops or shorts. Some schools don’t allow hats.

Today’s Writing Prompt puts the school dress code question to you. How do you deal with your school’s dress code? Is it possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style?

How do you dress for success at school? Leave your answers in the Comments!

1. mermaidblue78

i love this prompt but it should be if you had your own school how would you let your students dress

2. justin

I DISAGREE WITH DRESS CODE TEACHERS ARE GOING TO FAR WITH DRESS CODE THANK GOD THAT I DON’T HAVE DRESS CODE IN MY SCHOOL.

3. Spring

My school is just no spaghetti straps, anything that shows off your belly botton, and nothing covering your face. Sweet and simple.

4. periwinkleauthor13

I think schools have to show some restraint. If the girls at my school didn’t have dress codes, they would barely have anything on! But, at the same time, I feel like some schools have too strict of a dress code. I don’t understand why you can’t wear hats or have your jacket zipped up. If I’m cold, why can’t I try to keep myself warm? The only reason to wear a jacket is to zip it up so you don’t freeze in the colder classrooms!

5. bearmelon6

my school clothes is uniform but when its almost the end of school …WE WEAR PJ’S OR COWBOY CLOTHES DIFFRENT KINDS OF OUTFITS IT’S SO FUN
    P.S i do HATE dress codes to

6. Maria

My school is pretty strict about how long clothes are. Shorts have to be at least as long as your fingertips. And you can’t wear tank-tops that have skinny straps. Only thick tank-top straps. And also, you can’t wear shoes that don’t cover your feet to P.E. (Physical Education if your wondering), or high heel shoes.

7. Won't tell you!

My school does not allow hats but I don’t have any hats. It also does not allow skinny straps but I also don’t have that. It doesn’t allow flip flops but i don’t have that either.

8. katelyn

we have to wear colared shirts and I spice mine up by getting prettier ones, like ones with designs on them I also pick other matching things to go with it along with acessories

9. Sarah Grace

My school doesn’t have a very strict dress code:) We can’t wear long dresses. To tell the truth I don’t have any long dresses! I just hate,super dislike dress codes!!! Some people don’t follow that rule. I have that rule in my class.

10. bearemerald42

MY SCHOOLS DRESS CODE IS UNIFORM.I DONT WEAR UNIFORMS ON FRIDAY.P.S IM IN 4 GRADE AND I TOOK THE LANGUAGE ARTS AND MATH TEST A MONTH AGO.P.SS PLEASE BE MY FRIEND!ANYBODY!!!

11. Topazapple13

My school allows our own clothes. I love fashion. I wear my jeans or leggings. I don’t own any shorts. I wear t shirts and whatever sweaters i have.

12. Geek.Chick

my school is pretty lenient on clothes but we do have some rules that must be followed. My style is pretty relaxed, i like my jeans and tees and sometimes i like to be a bit more professional so i throw on a cardigan or something. I also am absolutely in love with my TOMS and hoodies, i wear them almost everyday!

13. searchercloudburst8

I love my dress code at school
    it is that you cant where tank tops and you cant where short shorts you can where shorts but just not short shorts. If u follow that you can be creative and show your style and have some fun!

14. lauren

My school make us wear black pants and white tops.I deal with my school’s dress code by putting a unique style in it by adding colors and being stylish.It is possible to follow rules and have your unique style because you can go shopping with your friend or someone and you can add swag to your school outfit and maybe some classy and pretty shoes.I feel that some schools use color code for safety so its important to wear uniform because :an example is if you were ditching school someone will spot you and tell your principal for your safety.I conclude that school should use uniform for the students safety and its important for students safety.

15. Ari

I think that one should express their feelings not by their looks and appearance but by their words and inner beauty. We can all be fashionable in the inside. When will people learn that it is in the inside where beauty counts!