May 6, 2013

School Dress Code Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:24 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bananaSchool Dress Code Writing Prompt
Catwhiskers

Just about every school has a dress code of some kind. Some schools have uniforms and are very strict about them. Some schools have uniforms, but there is room for some creative expression as long as you follow the rules. Some schools don’t allow tank tops or shorts. Some schools don’t allow hats.

Today’s Writing Prompt puts the school dress code question to you. How do you deal with your school’s dress code? Is it possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style?

How do you dress for success at school? Leave your answers in the Comments!

1. BudderBro360

first of all fedoras are epic. second my school doesn’t have a dress code thank god, now that u bring it up i gotta say if it did i would be so annoyed if they didn’t allow hats.
    -BudderBro360

2. Mary

I believe that you can still show your own unique style even if you are wearing a uniform. How? Maybe you can wear a few accessories that makes you look like the true you, but not too many. Then, you can dress your hair any style you like. Example is fishtail, french braid, ponytail, pigtail, etc. Lastly, show off your own personality to show the inner you. Do not change who you are just to fit in at school. There’s nothing more that’s you-er than you. And what I commented is truer than true! :)

3. pinkpanther617

At my school, we don’t have a dress code.we can’t wear hats, tank tops, or short shorts to school.We are only allowed to wear shorts that are down to our thy’s and longer.We don’t have to wear uniforms.It could be possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style sometimes.For school, I usually wear shorts and a t-shirt unless it is picture day the, I have to dress up.

-Pinkpanther617 (:

4. Graci

Also I think that uniforms are cumbersome because you have to wash them every night unless you get one for everyday of the school year (not likely). Also uniforms are not cool they don’t let you express who you are.

5. Graci

You should always follow the school rules on dress code. Schools usually let you wear whatever you want (other than schools with dress code), as long as it is the appropriate length, and not anything with inappropriate language, sigs, etc.

6. pizzayellow33

my school is all about love IT’S DUSCUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Anonymous

i love scolastic news but sometimes we have hw on it or we have to read all of it mostly because we always get them late and we never get the ones we want to get

8. sam

my school has a strict uniform policy.
    I wear colorful headbands and my backpack is BRIGHT.
    And that’s how I express my love of color!

9. adorablecat185

My school doesn’t allow boots, sandles ,and things like that on gym day. I can still show my style by wearing shirts that say things like ” Happy To Be Me ” or ” Fabulous “. These shirts say that I like things like style, and people.

1. melanie

we can wear sandles but we have to bring shoes like running shoes for gym and wear them when were outside for reacese

10. Craig

Kids have to wear dress code uniforms because some of them might mean something or someone is cursing.My school has a dress code they should keep it like that I like it that way

11. LeighAnn

My school is pretty accepting. But we have to wear a white top and blue bottoms. The bottoms have to go past our finger tips. Also we are not aloud to wear sleeveless!