May 6, 2013

School Dress Code Writing Prompt

Posted by at 1:24 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_bananaSchool Dress Code Writing Prompt
Catwhiskers

Just about every school has a dress code of some kind. Some schools have uniforms and are very strict about them. Some schools have uniforms, but there is room for some creative expression as long as you follow the rules. Some schools don’t allow tank tops or shorts. Some schools don’t allow hats.

Today’s Writing Prompt puts the school dress code question to you. How do you deal with your school’s dress code? Is it possible to follow the rules and still show your own unique style?

How do you dress for success at school? Leave your answers in the Comments!

1. jumpingrobin5

We have a dress code but its not very strict(: we cant wear clothes that show our stomachs or have bare backs. Those are easy to follow because i dont have too many shirts like that. we also cant wear short shorts but its easy to follow that rule and still show you style!

1. 321

Polo-color of your choice/Kaki PANTS/and Dress Shoes. You are allowed to wear cardigans and sweaters OVER THE POLO. I don’t mind the uniform much because I do BELIEVE that it enhances the academic experience.

2. purplechihuahua430

my school has a horrible school dress code. your not allowed to wear spaghetti strapped tops or racer backs and the shorts have to be long enough so that when you put your arms to your side they are longer than your longest finger. i mean whatthe heck some people (like me!) have longer arms than other students do which makes it unfair.

1. kiwicupcake14

I have the same code as you purplechihuahua exept the shorts have to end 3 fingers below your longest finger! Sooo unfair! Basically your shorts have to be at your knee!

2. aquacat586

My school doesn’t allow hats. They also don’t allow clothes that are too short/revealing/tight. Or swear words or stuff with explicit messages. It’s fine with me, because all I ever wear is t-shirts and jeans.

3. W

My school does not have a dress code, we have uniform. But the school I will go to has a dress code. You can’t wear things like short shorts, tank. tube or halter tops. Or a lot of jewelry, or hats and scarves and much more. Even though it is no uniform, it has a dress code. Even though, there is not much to wear, I can accessorize, add things to my clothes. The dress code is not against everything in my [almost only Forever 21] closet. I can still be stylish. The dress code is no problem, I have to follow it or I will get detention, so… Well, I can still be stylish so I don’t care.

4. Isis

Hello Princesstheena9, We are the same! HOMESCHOOLED AND AWESOME. PJ’S ARE MY DRESSCODE, WOOT WOOT

5. Allison

I really don’t get uniforms. They’re like a cage to our imagination. I mean wearing really revealing clothes and jewelry that clink together is distracting, but some kids just wear pants and a t-shirt. I wear clothes that fit my personality not someone else’s. I mean they tell us not to be the same like everyone else, but uniforms go directly against that!

6. Horserider219

Princssathena9 is lucky because she gets to wear pajamas to her school. Our school dose not get to wear pajamas to school a lot.

7. IsisPegasus6

Um…… idk go against my dress code but when I go to school, most of my wardrobe HAS to go because I can’t wear it. Humph!

8. Caitlyn

My school only has a few dress codes like no spegeti straps and just a few more, but at least we dont have to wear uniforms.;)

9. pinkcash190

how do i make friends on the stacks because I only have one friend and I have had a stacks account but I forgot my username and password so i made a new one and that girl automatically is your friend

10. Adventurepegasus10

how i dress for school is very simple-wear the school uniform and school pants
    it’s really not that bad
    i show myself using voice,writing and projects
    i don’t think you need fashion to show yourself
    and you could follow rules and show your unique style
    but this is just my opinion :)
    because i am not very interested in fashion

1. ...

I have to wear a uniform. I hate it! I have to wear polo shirts and UGLY pants. It is so ugly what we have to wear! So my dress code is VERY strict. Like no vest or sweaters when you go outside when it is hot, but I think that is just showing your style! Well thanks for reading what I have to say!