British Children’s Author Trivia Quiz
Did you ever realize how many of your favorite authors were British? Not only did England give us One Direction and Prince George. . . but also awesome literature. Shakespeare, anyone?
So in today’s Tuesday Trivia we’re testing your smarts on how many British authors and books you know. Ready, mate? GO!
- Name the author and book this quote is from:
“The scar had not pained Harry for 19 years. All was well.”
- Name the author and book that features a golden ticket, some Oompa Loompas, and lots of chocolate.
- Name the author and book series that takes place in Narnia. Hint: Lucy, Edward, Susan and Peter befriend a great lion, and battle the White Witch in one of the books.
- Name the author who wrote this line:
“Edward Bear, known to his friends as Winnie the Pooh, or Pooh for short, was walking through the forest one day humming proudly to himself.”
- This famous author lived from 1858-1924 and wrote several classics including The Enchanted Castle, The Railway Children, and The House of Arden. Her first name was Edith but she went by the initial “E” when publishing her first name.
- Dick King-Smith is the British author known for his book about a pig (who wants to be a sheepdog). It was made into a movie. Name the book AND the movie if you can. Hint: The movie is one word abbreviated from the title of the book!
- Some say this British author paved the way for J.K. Rowling with her exotic worlds of ghosts, wizards, and mermaids in books like Journey to the River Sea and The Secret of Platform 13. Her most recent page-turner was One Dog and His Boy – a must read for dog lovers!
- This author is best known for her books featuring those mischievous bunnies Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail, and Peter.
- Name the book series and the author that features Lyra and her daemon, an armored bear, and “dust” sucked out of the sky.
- Writer of the Alex Rider series, name this author AND another one of his famous series.
Leave your answers below, and check here to see if you’re right!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer