April 26, 2013

Writing Prompt: Ways to Irritate Me

Posted by at 4:21 pm in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_shout-outWriting Prompt: Ways to irritate me!

Making those annoying farting noises.

Borrowing my stuff without asking.

Talking about me behind my back. (Oh no, you didn't!!)

Changing my alarm ringtone to "Gangnam Style."

These are surefire ways to irritate me. What about you? We know you wanna get it off your chest . . . so go on! I’ll bet we all have a lot more in common than we think!

Irritate

Leave your answer in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. aquaactor57

-Potty Humor
    -Using words like “totes”, “bestie”, Adorbs, LOL” in real life.
    -Saying you like a band just because of their looks.
    -SInging icona pop loudly
    -too much swearing

2. aquafashion634

1. people talking bad about me behind my back 2.people doing insane things just to get attention 3.people making annoying noises in class 4. someone playing “I LOVE IT” by icona pop on the radio over and over 5. when someone spoils the ending to a movie I’ve been waiting to see for a long time 6.people swearing when little kids are around

3. ridingdetecting11

also my sister ran screaming around the house yelling who my crush is (thank god my friends weren’t over if they were I would curl up somewhere and die)

4. ridingdetecting11

one time I let my friend borrow 1 of my books about a year later I asked her when she’d give it back she was like, “oh I thought you said I could keep it” then she gave it back and it looked like it had been sabotaged.

5. mermaidhorse18

when people call me midget or when i try to help my bff and people say “what you gonna do shorty!” it makes my mind explode!!!

6. presidentdreamer8

ways to irritate me:copying what i say (kids do that A LOT to me in school),people saying i am gross,people say i am crazy because i like to joke around,and people talking or singing when i am doing a test or doing math. that make me SO irritated so DON’T do those things to me!

7. Mia

hihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihi

8. bandastronomy152

things that irritate me……
    #1 people that act cool when they are not.
    #2 putting on music i hate.
    #3 messing up in front of my crush.
    #4 when people scream the word naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    #5 people swearing at me.
    #6 when people talk when i am reading.
    #7 making annoying fart sounds.
    #8 people bragging.
    and there is a lot more things that irritats me

9. emeraldheart385

#1. eggs (i hate the smell, look, taste, mostly the smell and sight) #2. friendship is magic (bland, boring, WAY too popular)

10. dreamtimepink9

WHAT REALLY DRIVES ME MAD IS PEOPLE SWEARING & TAKING THE LORD’S NAME IN VAIN!
    FROM, dreamtimepink9

11. kneeswhiskers8

Most things that annoy me are: Sneezers, Spoilers for books,movies or anything, messy rooms(that my sister makes), When people diss anything I like… I can’t even list everything!

12. bella

what annoys me is…
    my sisters bugging me
    when my mom sings out loud
    my sisters pretend i am invisible
    my sister and her friend hide my stuff
    AND MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. anubislamb1

things that annoy me are…
    my sisters bugging me
    when people try to act cool
    when my mom sings out loud
    AND MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Sarah

What REALLY gets under my skin:
    1.When people kiss in public.
    2.When people make fun of readers
    3.When people say, “You? An author? Like that’ll ever happen”

15. rachel90kitten

when my pug sneezes in my face.
    When my dad snorze at night.
    When people spoil things.
    When people tear my things up.

16. Neal

When my dog gets on my bed and messes it up.
    When my sister wakes me up when I’m sleeping.
    Waking up for school.
    Too much school work.
    When people/animals sneeze on me.

17. bookwormgirl45

I really get irritated when someone tells me to stop reading or not to read so much And I also hate it if someone comments something about my favourite book character and the comment is totally wrong. also I hate it if someone makes stupid grammatical errors

18. Aliyah

make fun of me,
    talk about me behind my back,
    just plain annoy me,
    and touch my hair!!!!
    Aliyah

19. athenagirl25

ways to annoy me:
    book spoilers
    mixing Greek and roman gods
    when people say they hate someone and they dont
    asking me why i am mad repeatedly because i am quiet
    calling me a nerd because i read
    making fun of the books i am reading
    hiding my stuff

20. Geek.Chick

I am usually a very calm person but there are some things that REALLY tick. me. off!
    - When people decide it’s ok to hold a conversation with me while i am obviously trying to read
    - When people snatch my book away because they want me to pay attention, you could just ask!
    - when people invade my bubble and think it’s ok
    - when people are inconsiderate of introvert feelings
    - when people hate without knowing the whole story
    - when people skip books because of their size
    - unreasonable vulgarity
    - littering
    - obnoxious laughing/giggling
    - racism/stereotyping
    - when people go through my stuff and aren’t decent enough to put the stuff where it belongs
    - when people deny their intellectual abilities without even trying
    and finally
    - repeating something on purpose when i specifically and seriously asked them to cease.

21. Brandon

What irritates me is when people laugh when you are being funny and they take it the wrong way and make fun of you when you say or do somthing that you thought was funny and realise how bad it was.

22. John

Things that irritate me are, people not spelling things correctly, kids that talk during a test/quiz, and having something on the tip of my tongue but I cant remember it.

23. Logan

I like making farting noises.
    I also don’t care if people are talking about me behind my back. I do go along with not liking when it when people use my stuff with out asking though.

24. S

When my mom makes me clean on the weekends. Also when my dog goes to the bathroom on my stuff! I get so mad!

25. climbingbloodhound61

#1 talking loud
    #2 chomping loud
    #3 taking my stuff
    #4 acting like they like someone i like

26. IsisPegasus6

Oh ya telling me to stop reading is like telling me to stop breathing. Seriously, don’t ask me to stop reading. I hate it when your friends get all sacked out just because of a guy I like. Not that big of a deal. I also really hate it when ppl insult 1D and Taylor Swift. Or when directioners insult swiftness or vise versa. It is really annoying.

27. IsisPegasus6

Thx u to all he ppl out there who said it irritates you when ppl get Greek and Roman gods mixed up. That is really annoying. I also really hate when ppl say shush when they’re the ones talking that’s not cool.

28. Zaynab

Here are some of the most TERRIBLE things to me, if I even THINK about them, I cringe:
    1. When people say bad things about One Direction
    2. Bad acting
    3. When people act sensitive
    4. Girly stuff
    5. Nails on a chalkboard.
    Okay, that’s all I can think of right now, BTW, the first two are the two WORST ONES OF ALL TIME.. lol just saying.

29. baseballsoftball22

making annoying noises and getting in my face. Acting like you know everything , being a brat ,being dramatic, being a pain, and being mean.

30. wolfcat69

.People taking stuff that don’t belong to them
    . Boys annoying me (and some girls)
    . Getting bad grades (you should get good grades)
    .people going through my stuff without my permission
    . people barging into my room without my permission
    . people bothering me/ nagging me

31. pearpearthe14th

Ways to annoy me:
    -come into my bedroom and then leave the door halfway open when you leave
    -insult Vampire Knight
    -say anime and manga is “weird”
    -tell me my clothes don’t “match”
    -bother me when I’m trying to read a book
    -reply to a nice long text I sent you with one single word
    -say/do/sing anything to do with One Direction
    -bother me about my vegetarianism
    -stand too close to me
    -interrupt me
    -judge me
    -if someone hunts/eat meats/abuses/generally just don’t respect animals . . . that will probably annoy me
    -long jean skirts.

32. midnightheart6

for me its:
    ♦when parents embarrass me in front of alot of people or especially my friends
    ♦when someone is explaining something to me and tries to use smart words and act like she is 5 years older than she really is
    ♦when my friends are keeping a secret on who i like but when he passes by me they always say Hi….they make it so obvious because he is not friends with my friends :l
    ……i guess thats not it but all i can think of

33. Amber

I really agreewith him accept I really do not care if people talk about me behind my back,but what irritates me is when people makes fart noises that is disgusting!!!

34. Brooke

The way to irritate me is:
    #1.yelling my crushes name to other people (behind my back)
    #2. singing a song that i don’t like
    #3. saying that my bad things about my crush
    #4. Finally saying bad things about the BEIBERS
    P.S. I’m not a fan of JB

35. Devin

Ways to irritate me:
    Trying to speak to me when I’m reading
    Singing/playing/talking (about) One Direction and/or Justin Bieber
    Being racist
    Swearing unreasonably
    Bringing up embarrassing moments from my past
    Being obnoxious
    Book spoilers
    TICKLING ME
    Seriously. Don’t do it. :D

36. Ashley

Ways to Irritate me:
    Get Roman and Greek gods mixed up
    ONE DIRECTION
    Touching my hair,seriously don’t do it
    Giving book spoilers
    People judging my writing because of my age
    People not pronouncing a word right.Then I point it out and my friends PURPOSELY keep saying it

37. annonyumus

alarm to ‘Gangnam Style
    armpit farting
    insulting Harry Styles
    people get roman and greek gods mixed up
    book spoilers
    when it seems like other girls like 1D more than me
    my bro trying to push me
    parents telling embarrasing stories about when i was little to my friends

38. clubyellow20

Ways to irritate me is when people try to be the teacher and act like their smart.AND MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. quack

Complain about the Beatles.
    Be egotistical.
    Be really loud during lunch.
    Steal all the balls at recess.
    Hide my stuff.
    Make fun of me.
    Play pop music during gym class, especially One Direction. I wish they’d think of everyone’s ear health.

40. stonefairy

It annoys me when people:
    Say Alfred Hitchcock makes horror films. He does SUSPENSE!! Big difference.
    Talk about stuff they don’t know much about as if they know everything.
    Say classical music is boring.

41. Adventurepegasus10

Ways to irritate me…
    When people:
    Make annoying sounds
    Talk or make noise to me while I’m reading or writing
    Be sloppy
    Be uncreative
    Try to be a teacher’s pet
    Try to act like they’re so smart
    Try to act like they’re so cool
    AND MANY MORE!!!!

42. birdcandy128

if you wont the most epic
    thing ever read ‘Beast Quest’ its the most epic book of all
    times totely epic

43. IsisPegasus6

um maybe when people get Roman and Greek gods mixed up on no when people say a trombone is a trumpet oh that infuriates me!!! People should GET THEIR INSTRUMENTS STRAIGHT

44. IsisPegasus6

um maybe when people mistake Roman gods with Greek gods oh when people say a trombone with a trumpet oh that infuriates me!!!!!!!!

45. bearemerald42

WHAT IRRITATES ME IS GERMS.I KNOW GERMS ARE EVERY WHERE BUT PARK BATHROOMS,BOOGERS,GOING TO BED AFTER A PARTY REALLY IRRITATES ME

46. dreamtimepink9

MY PARENTS SOMETIMES SING “THE YELLOW SUBMARINE.”
    BY: THE BEATLES.
    IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.
    FROM, dreamtimepink9

47. Jenna

Spoiling books for me (La-la-la, can’t here you
    Interuping me
    Keep books I let you borrow for WAAAAY too long
    Touching my neck or feet