April 19, 2013

Karan Brar Answers Your Questions!

Karan BrarKaran Brar Answers Your Questions!

You asked your questions, and Karan Brar sent his answers. Read on to find out what it’s like to play Ravi on Jessie, and what his life is like outside of acting. Maybe he chose YOUR question to answer!

How did you get your acting career started?
Karan: At first, I wanted to be good at sports but that didn’t work out so well, and then my dad told me that he did theater in college and was wondering if I wanted to do it. I was willing to give it a shot, and to my surprise, I enjoyed it!

What was your first audition like?
Karan: My first audition was for a commercial, and it was really nerve-racking. It was super simple, but I wasn’t sure if I was doing anything wrong! In the end everything was ok, and after a few auditions, it came naturally to me!

Do you have any tips for people who want to go into acting?
Karan: I think people who want to be actors should know that there are going to be ups and downs, but to never give up. Your moment will come!

How did you get the role of Ravi on Jessie?
Karan: I auditioned for Jessie and then they kept calling me back to L.A. for more auditions! And after a few trips to L.A. and a few auditions, they ended up casting me!

Are you like your character in any way?
Karan: I like that Ravi isn’t afraid to be himself around others; we are similar in that way.

What is your favorite thing about being on the Jessie show?
Karan: My favorite part about being on Jessie is that we are all really close, so when we go to set, it doesn’t feel like work at all!

Is Mr. Kipling a real lizard or is it computed generated? If it is real, what is it like having a giant lizard on set?
Karan: Mr. Kipling is in fact real! Having a giant lizard on set is crazy. It’s so cool!

Cast of Jessie at Christmas

Image courtesy Disney Channel

What do you, Skai, Cameron, Peyton, and Debby do in free time on the set? Do you do a lot of pranks?
Karan:
 We pull tons of pranks on each other all the time, and during our free time we just hang out and mess around!

What are your castmates like?
Karan: All of my cast mates are amazing! Here is how I would describe them each in one word: Debby (who plays Jessie)=fantastic
Peyton (who plays Emma)=amazing
Skai (who plays Zuri)=awesome
Cam (who plays Luke)=rad
Kevin (who plays Bertram)=spectacular

Who are you closest to on Jessie, and how has your relationship gotten stronger?
Karan: Cameron and I are very close; we are just like brothers! And the whole cast’s relationship has grown so much since we started Jessie!

How is it watching the cast (including yourself) grow and maturing in acting and also in life?
Karan: It’s really cool, because every day we learn new things!

How has being on the show Jessie changed your life?
Karan: It’s changed my life because I have learned so much and I’ve made so many new friends!

What’s your favorite episode of Jessie?
Karan: My favorite episode is “Used Karma” since it was one of the first episodes we ever shot!

What’s your favorite TV show besides Jessie?
Karan: I love all kinds of shows, but my favorite is Gravity Falls (rated TV-Y) because it makes me laugh all the time!

What’s your favorite cartoon ever?
Karan: My favorite cartoon is Lilo and Stitch (rated G). I used to watch it all the time!

What’s your favorite food?
Karan: My favorite food is pizza!

What is your favorite day of the week?
Karan: Friday, of course!

How many countries have you visited? If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Karan: I’ve visited a few countries like India, Australia, and New Zealand! I would go to Hawaii if I could go anywhere, because I’ve always wanted to go!

How do you do your schoolwork? Do you like school? What is your favorite subject?
Karan: I do all my schoolwork on set with my set teacher; I love school. My favorite subject is Algebra!

Do you like reading? What is your favorite book?
Karan: I love to read, and my favorite book is the first Harry Potter book!

What is your favorite movie?
Karan: Finding Nemo (rated G) is my favorite movie!

Do you have any pets?
Karan: Yes I do! I have a dog named Levi!

Who is your best friend?
Karan: I have a few best friends back in Seattle, Washington, but my best friend in L.A. is Cameron!

Is it hard being a “super star” especially going out in public?
Karan: It’s not that hard going out in public. I actually enjoy going out in public because I get to meet fans!

Do you have a celebrity crush?
Karan: Haha! I’m not sure, but maybe Selena Gomez.

If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be?
Karan: I would trade places with William Shakespeare because it would be amazing to see how acting was back then!

If you could do anything in the world, what would it be?
Karan BrarKaran: I would want to skydive! I think it’s so cool!

If you were not an actor, what would you want to be?
Karan: I love to act so I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t act!

If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
Karan: 1. I know this sounds cheesy but I wish I could end cancer. 2. I also want to end bullying so every person can be proud for who they are. 3. I’ve always wanted to travel around the world!

What is one thing you wish everyone would do to make the world a better place?
Karan: I don’t think anyone should judge others for how they look. If we didn’t do that, everyone would be able to be comfortable with who they are!

Oh, he is so much sweeter and cuter in person that I ever even imagined! Don’t you just love him?? Thank you so much, Karan, for answering our questions!

1. Anonymous

I know it’s not fair to say it one word at a time and my fish has died at the same time and my fish has died at the same time as you can download it is btw I’m right here’s a to bed type bye

2. Maddie luvs

Hey Karan if you were to pick a better family would you or stay with your family why or why not or would you choose a different cast what would it be

3. maleka

i am a total jessie fan. i love the who cast.i really really really want to meet all of you.if i ever meet skai jackson i would be sooooooooooooo happy

4. vishesh

can you help me become an actor, I have been dreaming of becoming one since I was five
    please help me karan
    I am 10 years old help me pleaseeee karan!!!!!!!!

5. michael

please help me karan

6. Anonymous

Karan seem rlly sweet tho and he looks and sounds adorable. If karan was to write a script for the whole cast wat would he write?

7. Lyndsie

Okay ive always had a dream about becoming an actress. But i live in a really small town and my dad wont let me move . How would i try out for anything if we cant move or go anywhere?

8. Aaliyah

I like your personality on the show and i real life you should keep up being a star in everything you do

9. Mikalah

Karan..ive always wanted to tell u that i think you`re really intelligient..youre funny..ur just amazing.and believe me i have alot more to say but itd probably give you a headache.so im just going to wrap it up with a warm `Goodbyee and and a serious I Love You

10. fayth

i I’m fayth. Your cool and funny too.on Jesse you do really good and you’re also really really funny on Jessie.

1. fayth

cool hair.I love Jesse it’s my favorite show in the whole wide world ,all of the characters are cool too but you’re the number one first cool character I like.

11. ataliya s

Hey I’m ataliya and I’m a big fan of Karen and his character in Jessie. I support his opinions wishing that I can tell him that its so not cheesy to end cancer, and that my grandma has cancer though we’re fighting to end it and if karans wish came true I would be so grateful and so will my grams.; )

12. Kaitlyn

I do like to act but when I’m on stage I freak out, that isn’t much help at all. Any advice?

13. D

What are you thinking if you watch to yourself on tv? And what is your favorite hindi movie? How was it to meet Selena Gomez and Priyanka Chopra? I am also from India so I know much things about the movies and actors ;)

14. Zoe

Ok so if celebrities like their fans south and say they’d love to know them why don’t they ever answer fan messages

15. Zoe

I have a few things to say one have you ever paraglided because it’s awesome and also do you know where when and how someone like me can get on tv because I have pretty good talent and I really want to be on Disney or any other tv channel.

16. Anonymous

He so sweet, like ravi. And look is his best friend i wish he was mine too. I wish I could meet him. How does it feel going home and watching jessie and seeing urself on tv

17. Arun is awesome

Karan,I’m Indian too,every body says I look just like you for some reason.they make fun of me,they call me Ravie.

18. lol_123

how did you get to know the cast

how was your first day

are you close friends with cast e.g going to hang out and stuff

how is the set is some of it T.V illusion?

do you have a crowd watching you guys while you act?

when is Jessie ending? my friend said this march is that true?

where did you start of acting?

how was the build up starting from your audition to where you are now?

how is it to be famous?

is peyton list and Cameron Boyce ”a thing” if you get what I mean,and if they are is it akward?

what tips would you give me to start of my career because this year im going to casting call out wish me good luck!

sorry for asking so many questions! thanks for answering them byee! xoxo

19. Paige

I would love to go to Hawaii:) I love Finding Nemo, Gravity Falls, and Lilo and Stitch. I want to end cancer and bullying too. I really want to skydive. I like pizza and my second favorite color is green after blue. I watch Jessie every day after school. Even though I am 13 we have so much in common. Even though I am far away I still think of how thoughtful and caring you are.;)

From: Paige<3

20. Mallu

Where in India are you from and which language do your parents originally speak and do you know and understand the language too?

21. Cecila

he is so sweet! my favorite book is the whole harry potter series though… not just the first one…. its all about the harry potter! lol

22. Anonymous

Are u Indian like my parents are Indian and I am born In America so I am fully american and Indian are u like that to?????????

23. futureactress

How did you dad help you into your acting? What did he do to start you off into that direction, the very first few steps. IM 13 and hoping to have acting as a possibility in my life, I just don’t .know where to start from

24. Aidan c.

I want to be in jessie! I am just a normal neighborhood kid but I really really really really want to be in jessie! Anything just anything you can do about that? Please!

25. Natalia Roberta Branco

Karan, you were born in the United States? if you were born in the United States how did you get the part of a guy from India?

26. cc

1.Do you like being a celeb… because when you are a celeb your life changes?
    2.Is your life the same as it was befoe

27. Not telling

Karan is 14?? Geez! He sounds really nice! Karan if you’re reading tell Cameron I said hi! You guys are awesome.

28. Jared

Hey man i need some advice on how to become an actor. I’ve always wanted to be an actor i have acted in school plays but nothing major i was just wondering what it takes to become an actor BTW I love Jessie!

29. nabil

hey karan could help me get on Jessie ? I also went casting calls of 2013 for Jessie and does that really count as an audition ?

30. Alexa

Aww you are so sweet to have ending cancer and stop bullying on your wishes. p s I wish I could stop bullying to:)

31. Anna

Hi this is my OT. Really is I am going to let her say something cause she is a fan. What is your favorite board game that you like to play?

32. Farricla000

Karan I love to watch jessie. How long have you been knowing them.camaran is my favorite , you are my 2,and jessie, zuri and burtrum are 3

33. agentsurprise23

Hi I am agentsurprise23 I am 13 I am in grade 7th. I learned about lizards and how a girl has small cheeks and boys has big.
    Say hi to everyone for me. I wont to be your friend because you seem so nice and into things. Did you ever ice skate?

34. agentsurprise23

Well I wont tell people I have a problem with spelling sorry sometime. I didn’t sleep well because I want be your friend sorry about the spelling it is
    worst when I am tiered I use spell check. But most of all I am sorry about want to tell people one letter changes wont bye.

35. Anna

Hi I am Anna I am 13 grade 7th . I am wondering how you like being in Jessie. I learned about lizards when I was at the zoo. I really don’t know people who are pop stars or things like that. I would like to be your friend not because your poplar. It because you seem like a good friend. I hope you well friend me and get this message. For I hope to be your friend. I want tell people that you are if you friend me. O tell Miss,Kibbling for me that “,I say hi”. I say hi to all of you!
    From your might be friend, Anna

36. melon

I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEELuke!he is sooooooooooooo cool!his dance moves are AWESOME!

37. ESPERANZA

HOW DO YOU AND MS.KIPPLENE GET ALONG IN JESSIEWHEN HE IS AN ANIMAL AND YOU ARE A HUMAN FROM INDIA?

38. jenna

ummmmmm….. this is wierd well i’m a singer and I already sold 645 cd’s that I made and i’ve been singing since I was three and i’m going to away this summer with so many singing legends… can you get me on your show in any way???!!! please!

39. farricla000

Karan I love jessie the show in fact it is my favorite tv show. So how do you interact with each other.how old are you.

40. zephyrsummer3

karan tell jessie as debby rayan that i love her acting omg i want to be her and tell her love ya girlfriend tata tell jessie and i just cant stand to write mare ok tell jessie that to make 1000000 epesodie that i love jessie ok and tell jessie that i want to be her freiend i am a big big big big big big big 10000000000000 big fan of you jessie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. yes

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxooxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxooxox

42. fairyaqua225

i just luv ur shows. they r so funny. tell zuri she is adorable. u r so beautiful. thanks 4 taking this role.

43. fairyaqua225

u r the funniest character on Jessie. u r so talented. i wish i cud b like u some day.good luck on ur journey!

44. yamika

Hi Karan Iam an indian too you might recognise it by my name!
    Question-what part of India are you from and what place would you like to visit in India?
    (I am from south part of it.)Sorry about it being too long.

45. Sabrina

Lol. Isn’t your sisters’ name sabreena? so cool mine is too… well it is spelled differently of course. Anyway, i wanted to know how tall are you? Also, how can you become an actor on jessie?

46. KAY

HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

47. becky

i think you are very cute but i can”t proble like you because i’m only 13 .but are very cute.how old are you.p.s.please write back biggest fan of you

48. Mrs. Karan Brar Wanna be

Karan, you are so good looking!! You are the cutest celeb ever! Your pictures are all over my walls! I love you so much!

49. amberkite7

Were you doing anything special before acting that helped you with it, or do you think that it just came naturally?

50. seekeryellow8

how old are all of you are you really babyish like on the set. did it hurt when they hurt emmas boyfriend or was it fake.I love waching your show it is so funny ps how did luke brake he’s leg did he but like how did he I didn’t see the episode.you should make in episode waer people can see milly

51. ELAINE

You are so good at acting even know I act you are still better at acting.I act for little mermade and I hate little mermade. I’d rather act for Jessie and get to meet you .xoxoxo!:)

52. computingautumn10

Hi, I really love all of you Zuri,Luke,Jessie and Emma you guys should make one about when Morgan and Chrysina Ross come back and the get really sick and then Milly the mermaid says”Zuri i will heal them.” So thats all i wanted to say Bye!

53. CHENELLE

I’ts hard to answer all of us ain’t it . By the way how old are you , where were you born what is your favorite colour and what is favorite food.
    P.S mines is poulourie

54. McKenzy

hey can you say my name on the next eposide!!!!!! my name is McKenzy and my frinds names too!Landen Wesley and eliza. that would be so cool!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

55. Manaswi

You are in 8th grade I am in 8th grade too.
    You are very cute.
    You do a very good in Jessie show.

56. lilly

Is Cameron like his character on ”JESSIE”. If so what does have in commin. Also you are so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

57. kalesha

what inspired you to become a actres if young minded people wanted to do the same thing what advice would you give them

58. bulldogblue926

he is great in the show as rovi he is always so serious about mr kipling i love when he takes it weird when luke say a army of tiny lizerds

59. godgirl10

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEE JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. Lina

Karan i was thinking of a episode where theres a girl who dances and luke asks her to do a dance contest with her? Also how old is Skai

1. bulldogclaws145

thanks Karan for answering all of my questions and thanks for the tips on being a actress

2. IvaTheCrazyOne

OK, when you meet a fan, what do you expect, how should he/she react? I’m the kind of a fan who will scream your name, start to jump,maybe touch your face to see are you actually here,start talking to you,and then start to laugh for like 5 minutes or more.. So, do you want your fans to be themself or to be kind,and just say hello and take a picture?

3. bryanna

I’m 12 and really would like to be on Jessie cuz I have always wanted to be an actor please help karan!!!##

1. cutetiger19

I want to be an actor in Jessie too because I’m country like Jessie. I have 7 horses and a lot more animals

1. jessie fan!

What is it like to be best friends with a lizard ? Of course I’d do it!
      #Yourock
      Oh and in the video when you get marshmallows all over you, and then you stick up for Luke and then copy him with your bear, I have that to!

You are super cool! So last question. are you as smart as you are in Jessie?