March 8, 2013

Becky G Interview

Posted by at 2:31 am in Celebrities, Music | Permalink

BeckygBecky G Interview

This 15-year-old Mexican-American singer, songwriter, and rapper from Los Angeles is definitely on the rise this year. MTV named her as 1 of 13 artists to watch in 2013. (Btw, Austin Mahone made that list too.) She wrote the song “Wish U Were Here” for Cody Simpson, and then he invited her to be in the video, and perform with him on tour! Plus, she has a super-catchy song called “Monster” on the Hotel Transylvania soundtrack. Read on to find out more about this amazing teen.

Q: What is the craziest fan encounter you’ve seen?
Becky: This fan encounter isn’t really crazy. I just find it crazy that my fans love me as much as they do! I have a fan and his name is Cedric :)  The very first time we met was in the car parking lot at the Grove after I went to the Hotel Transylvania screening. He stopped me and asked for a picture. Now every event I go to, he is always there supporting me. Whether it was at the Staples center performance I did with Cody Simpson or a Radio Disney NBT event. :) My fans are all amazing!

Q: What was it like to work with Cody Simpson?
Cody-simpson-so-listen
Becky: It was honestly a pleasure. I was a big fan of his music before we started working together. Now I am an even bigger fan of his because I have gotten to know him as a person and see how dedicated, humble and sweet he and his family is.

Q: How did you get to this place in your career?
Becky: I think I got to where I am in my career today because I never changed who I was for anyone. I make sure that when I’m working that I have fun and don’t take myself too seriously. Last but not least, I wouldn’t be where I am today without the help of my family, friends, and team. They support me in everything I do and help my dreams become reality.

Q: When did you know you wanted to be a professional performer?
Becky: I was 9 turning 10 years old when I made my decision to pursue what I love most.

Q: What advice do you have for kids who want to become professional musicians?
Becky: Practice makes perfect. There is always room for improvement. As long as you love what you do, that’s all that matters. There will be people along the way that may have doubt, but just know that you will have to get through a lot of No’s to get to that one YES, so be patient.

Q: What are your goals for the future?
Becky: To put out my album and travel to different parts of the world. To take my career to the next level and expand into other things that I have passions for, like fashion. I hope to one day have my own fashion line and maybe even write a book. The sky is the limit.

Q: What book would you recommend to a 10-year-old?
Becky: Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It’s such a great book!

Q: All-time favorite book?
Becky: The Twilight Saga (for ages 12 and up)! I read the 4 books like 3 times each! I was obsessed!

Q: Favorite food?
Becky: I love FOOD in general. I usually tend to eat spicy foods. :) But seriously, I’ll eat anything.

Q: Were you ever bullied? What advice would you give to kids who may be bullied?
Becky: Yes I was through 5th-6th grade. I finally got put into a homeschooling program halfway through 6th grade so I was lucky to get away from it. For kids who get bullied in school, be strong. Whatever a person says, let it in through one ear and out the other. You are you.

Q: Biggest obstacle you overcame?
Becky: When I was 9 years old, my family lost our home, so we moved into my grandparents’ converted garage. We lived there for 2 1/2 years. I was young and that’s when I turned to music. Living in a converted garage with 5 other people, not having my personal space, and watching my parents deal with financial struggle wasn’t easy. But I will say that I wouldn’t change anything in my past. I can honestly say it made me stronger as a person and also made the relationship with my family members even closer.

What do you think of Becky G? Is she about to become the next Latina superstar? Leave a Comment.

1. Izzy

Becky G is amazing! She raps amazingly and she sings beautifully! And she is so cute! My top all time rapper is Becky G!

2. bri

I wanted to know whts her favorite football team mine is chicago bears all the time also I am her #1 fan in the whole intire universe

3. bri

I love becky g. I am also wanting to be a singer since I was 2 years old but now I am 10 years old I want to be just like her

4. Brianna

Dear Becky g I love your music you .and when I’m sad your music always cheers me u I’m your #1fan in the world and I’m only 9 I hope you can come to oakland I will go to your concert.

5. Lucina

I think that becky g is very strong for having to go through a mid crisis like that and she shouldn’t change for nothing because she’s awesome

6. beckyfan

Yes! I’m sure she’ll gonna’ be the next Latina superstar! ‘Cause first of all she’s very awesome and I love her very much. She never give up no matter what, that’s why I admire her so much!!! I love u Becky G!!! Wishing I could meet you some day! :D

7. Atti12

Hi becky, I luv u and ur music a lot I listen to it everyday. And I’ve been bullied all my life and I’m only 12 yrs old

8. tealfire9

OMG! I LOVE Becky G! My favorite rap by her is when she sang with Cher Lloyd in “Oath”. I love that song! Goooooooo… BECKY G!!

9. Lexy

I just recently listened to one of Becky G’s songs. She has a very strong voice and unique taste. I’m glad I started listening to her.

10. AslanForever2117

Becky sounds like a girl to go to advice for. Shes actually struggled. Becky you DESERVE to be a star. I wish you and your family the best.

11. fashionheart

:) :) :) i am so happy to know you can be the future of music love monster from hotel Transylvania i have it on blue-ray so that is my everyday song !

12. fashionheart

Wow! You are so awesome! I love your music and like you for you! I will be at your concerts keep on being great!

13. AQUAMUSIC90

Becky is amazing! She shows us girls we can do things if we just believe we can. We can show love by singing. We can show who we are and how we feel by singing. Singing is the best way to be my self and show people who I am. I sing because I am my self and I am proud of who I am. I am adopted and have a twin sister. And I love my family. And I love sharing love and hope and I do it by singing. I am happy and love the life I live and I show it through MUSIC!!!! And Becky helps me do what I do!

1. maria

Same thing with me.She makes me believe. I love singing when i heared her singing Becky from the block. i heared singing that when i was nine years old sinces that day everything change for me and right now i’m ten years old living a happy life with my friends and family :)

14. SABRINE

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. jadesurprise7

wow I love beck g she is one of my fav singer. she is so talented and so beautiful. she is very lucky and will do great in what she loves… singing

16. jgal101

ur really good!!! I thought u were older, but it;s so cool that ur MY age!! i <3 Wish U Were Here and Monster. R u getting an album? u deserve one!!