You Know You're a Harry Potter Fan When
We know who we are. Some people might call us obsessed. Some people might call us crazy. But when it comes to Harry Potter, there's nothing wrong with that!! How do you recognize other Potterheads? What are the signs of a TRUE Harry Potter fan?
Here are just a few symptoms of Harry Potter obsession. . .
- You know what house you’re in and you have a scarf with your house colors on it. (You’ve taken the sorting hat quizzes a million different times!)
- You’ve tried every flavor of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans. Even earwax and vomit.
- You were a wizard for Halloween. 5 years in a row.
- When you check the mail, you look around for owls, desperately hoping for your Hogwarts letter.
- You started a Dumbledore's Army club at your school to fight real-world problems.
- You stand up and shout at the movie screen, “That’s not what happened in the book!”
- You've lost track of how many times you have read each book, but you know it's more than 10.
- You are seriously thinking about naming your future son Albus Severus.
- You have a birthday party for Harry every year on July 31.
- You screamed very loudly when you heard that J.K. Rowling might write another children's book.
Now it’s YOUR turn to complete this sentence in the Comments. You know you’re a Harry Potter fan when . . .
—Ratha, Stacks Writer
Illustration by Mary GrandPre