January 7, 2013

Writing Prompt: That Awkward Moment When

Posted by at 1:32 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_rainbow_penWriting Prompt: That Awkward Moment When

Did you ever experience an awkward moment like forget somebody's name when they totally remembered yours? Or fart in the dead silence of a movie theater? Or loudly scream "Mommy!" in the mall, forgetting you now call your parent 'Mom" or sometimes cleverly by their first name? These are the moments – those awkward moments – you will laugh about later but cringe at now!! Today's Writing Prompt asks you to finish the following phrase:

Awkwardmoment

Here’s one of mine to get you started.
That awkward moment when in seventh grade I was talking to my crush only to realize afterwards I had a large piece of, um, something (!) stuck under my nose.

Fill in yours in the Comments below. I can't wait to read these ones!
That awkward moment when . . .

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Gymnasticsmoon12

That awkward Moment when your sister spills milk on your report card meeting in front of the teacher and class when you are wearing you very newest dress ever bought!!!

2. Daniel

that awkward moment when you think you see your friend in a crowd and you call their name, but it turns out to be a random stranger who looks like your friend from behind :D

3. Passion

That awkward moment when you read the book loudly to someone else and suddenly realize that you missed a line, and you need to re-read all the page! (I did that for some times)

4. aquafashion634

That awkward moment when you pass your crush in the the hall,and the two of you just stand there,staring at each other.

5. jadedragon49

…That awkward moment when you start singing songs from Wicked and Les Miz in the middle of science class for no particular reason…and that awesome moment when your friend starts singing along!

6. katelyn

that awkward moment when you know you were going to do something but forgot what you were going to do.
    It happens to me ALL the time :)

7. korkie

IT IS AN AWKWARD MOMENT WHEN:
    You tell your sister to put on shorts to go to field hockey practice and she says no and tells you she is going to a singing recital and you are like whoops and you try to change the subject!!!! (that just happened to me about 2 minutes ago!?!)

8. horsemermaid34

when your mom comes in your classroom cause you forgot something and she calls you your silly nick name:(

9. littleliverloo

That awkward moment when you are out with your mom, and you see your crush, and your mom says (not very quietly) “Hey, is that the boy you like?”

10. Livi

That awkward moment when you answer the phone and think it’s your dad, so you say “Hi Daddy.” and then it turns out to be a telemarketer. O_o

11. Elizabeth

That awkward moment when everything is all of a sudden quiet during class and your secret crush says, “When there’s an awkward silence, a squirrel dies.”

12. dancingfire8

That awkward moment when the teacher says “Okay, class! Put all books away!”, and you continue reading your Harry Potter book because your so obsessed with it you didn’t hear her. This happens to me all the time so now my teacher says ” Okay, class! Please put all books away including Harry Potter!”. It always works, though, because whenever I hear Harry Potter, I snap into focus:) It never fails to get my attention:)