January 7, 2013

Writing Prompt: That Awkward Moment When

Posted by at 1:32 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_rainbow_penWriting Prompt: That Awkward Moment When

Did you ever experience an awkward moment like forget somebody's name when they totally remembered yours? Or fart in the dead silence of a movie theater? Or loudly scream "Mommy!" in the mall, forgetting you now call your parent 'Mom" or sometimes cleverly by their first name? These are the moments – those awkward moments – you will laugh about later but cringe at now!! Today's Writing Prompt asks you to finish the following phrase:

Awkwardmoment

Here’s one of mine to get you started.
That awkward moment when in seventh grade I was talking to my crush only to realize afterwards I had a large piece of, um, something (!) stuck under my nose.

Fill in yours in the Comments below. I can't wait to read these ones!
That awkward moment when . . .

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. mcswirly13

that akward moment when u fall of ur chair and everone is lauphing and your teacher has to say stop lauphing

2. harrypotterisbeast

That kinda sorta awkward moment when one of your acquaintances knows you, but you don’t really know her and call her by the wrong name when she says hi to you. (Happened a couple weeks ago.) >.. At least we’re friends.

3. greenelf73

The awkward moment when you are speechless because your crush asked a ? and you were not listening and he says “hello are you there it is so embarrassing

4. ARTISTICPUPPY18

Ok, so the other day, I was going to the classroom sink to fill up my water bottle. And we have a stool in my classroom, and I leaned up against it and it squeaked. It sorta sounded like a farting noise. Then I realized people were giving me funny looks. They thought I had passed gas right in front of class when I didn’t!

5. bryan

the most embaressing thing is when I farted one of my loud farts in the silence of class when we were in math class january 2 2011

6. me

when you’re teacher goes quiet while you’re not paying attention and stares at you (then everybody else stares at you) you look up and start to erase what you were drawing on your desk O_O

7. me

that awkward moment when a guy’s little brother tells you that his brother likes you (seriously,twice that’s happened to me)

8. Kiwi

In second grade my skirt fell down when I was walking down the stairs and everyone saw my striped underwear!! Totally EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!

9. Magentadolphin21

The awkward moment when. . . I was in math, and there was a girl in a Beatles t-shirt. When I asked the girl what her favorite Beatles song was, she told me she was kind of indifferent about the Beatles, and she was just randomly wearing a Beatles shirt.

10. Megan

That awkward moment when: I saw a guy that from the back looked like Harry Styles and I ran up and hugged him, thinking he was Harry, and he just gave me the weirdest look and said ” Ummmm do I know you?”. But he was cute and I got his number, so it wasn’t all bad:-)

11. narwal truster

when a narwal say he will catch you whith his tooth(the big long horn thing) if you fall and you realiz while your falling that his tooth is really sharp

12. stonefairy

This happened to me yesterday. I was going to youth group, and unbeknownst to me, the guys and girls had split into two separate groups. (I am a girl.) So naturally, when I arrived, I ended up walking into the room where the guys were congregating. They were all looking at me and kind of chuckling, and at first I was thinking, “What’s going on?” and then I realized there were only guys in the room. So one of the leaders told me, “We split up into groups today,” and I said, “Oohh! That’s awkward,” and then one of the other leaders led me to the room where the girls were gathered. It was a very awkward moment!!