January 31, 2013

China Anne McClain InfluANTces

Posted by at 1:17 pm in Celebrities | Permalink

ANTfarm1_2China Anne McClain “influANTces”

On Friday, February 1, 2013, A.N.T. Farm will celebrate African American History Month in the new episode titled “influANTces.”
Chyna and the ANTs are tasked with creating a special project. As Chyna struggles to write a song for her Mcclain_infuANTces_jackson presentation, she decides to lock herself in a recording booth until she comes up with a great song. After accidentally falling asleep, Chyna takes a dream journey back in time where she becomes famous African American music icons from the past: Ella Fitzgerald, Aretha Franklin, and Janet Jackson. Using her dream as inspiration, Chyna writes a new version of the A.N.T. Farm theme song with lyrics that pay tribute to the great women who came before her.

We talked to China Anne McClain, the actress who plays Chyna, about her life and what African American History Month means to her.

Mcclain_influANTces_franklinQ: Can you tell us about “influANTces?”
China: The A.N.T. Farm episode “influANTces” is about my character, Chyna Parks, struggling with a Black History Month assignment for school. She wants to write a song about all of the amazing African American female singers for her project, but can’t seem to fit it all into a two-minute song! She then goes on a journey that takes her throughout the lives of Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, and Janet Jackson – showing her just how big of an impact they made on her life and others!Mcclain_influANTces_fitzgerald

Q:Which African American woman in history inspires you the most?
China: First Lady Michelle Obama inspires me the most. She is so classy and never passes up an opportunity to help people. She is also very humble and is nice to everyone! She is an amazing person all around and I want to be like her when I grow up.

Q: Why do you think it’s important to recognize African American History Month?
China: It is very important to recognize African American History Month because African Americans have been through so much. We deserve recognition for the amazing accomplishments that we’ve achieved. You would probably be surprised at all of the incredible contributions African Americans have made to America throughout its history, like Garrett Morgan inventing the gas mask and George Washington Carver inventing peanut butter!

Q: Can you describe each of your costars (Sierra, Jake, and Stefanie) in three words or less?
China: Sierra is crazy and social. Jake is artistic, free-spirited, and fun. Stefanie is stylish and loves skirts! Haha – we are all friends in real life.

Q: What are you working on now in addition to A.N.T. Farm?
China: The biggest thing that I’m working on now other than A.N.T. Farm is an album with my sisters Sierra and Lauryn! We have been recording it for a while, so we are all excited for it to come out this year! Other than that, Grown Ups 2 comes out this year! I am so excited because I actually sing in this movie! It was such a great opportunity and I had so much fun seeing everyone from the first Grown Ups (rated PG-13) again.

Q: What is your all-time favorite book?
China: I am in love with The Hunger Games and The Lying Game books (both for ages 12 and up). Both series are so brilliantly written! I heard very positive things about both books from some of my friends, so when I visited the book store one day, I picked them both up. I definitely recommend them to teens!

Q: What literary character would you like to portray in a movie?
China: It would have been fun to play Rue from The Hunger Games! She is such a cool and cute character and I loved her in the movie. Amandla Stenberg did an amazing job!

Aww. Poor Rue. Leave a Comment with your A.N.T. love!

Photos courtesy of Disney Channel

1. moonrisedreamer8

I love China Anne Mclain. She is a great actor. I wish I can meet her in real life.Did you guys ever meet her in real life???

2. rollincreative9

i love ant farm oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmm
    mggggggggggggggg
    ggggggggggggggggg
    gggggggggg
    ggggggggggggggggg
    gggggggg
    ggggggggggggggg
    ggggggggggggggg
    ggggggggggg

1. jada

i love uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

3. rayray

i love ant farm and i even like china parks shes a little but she can sing when she sang dyminite it was better then the real person that sang it im not tring to be mean are roud

4. amber

china is amazing for doimg all of that i have not watch the epasode yet but i reallythink chna is very preety and if youare reading this sorry if my spelling is wrong and i think you have a beutifal voice and all those costumes are awsome.
    xoxo
    -amber

5. dramaqueenz28

China Anne McClain is a raising super star! She is bound to make it big in show business! No matter if she is acting or singing, she is amazing at both!

6. caplipspit

China Anne McClain is the coolest,and sassiest African American on Disney Channel today! She is a super star waiting to happen!

7. maddie228906

I really like the idea of this episode. I enjoyed the fact that she got to go through and live out what these women had to go through. A dream like that would really inspire me.

8. dramaqueenz28

The Kids Choice Awards was amazing! All my favorite artists were there which includes Austin Mahone, and Cody Simpson. It was by far the best Kids Choice Awards yet!

9. caplipspit

The Kids Choice Award was so awesome especially with the Hunger Games and Austin Mahone who is so cute!!!

10. Lexy

I don’t watch Ant Farm that often but when I tuned into this episode I was shocked. I really liked this episode and think it got a great message across.

11. Riley2112

I love China Anne McClain! I also love her show. All the Disney shows are okay, but this hers actually makes me laugh!

12. Chealse

Her and her sisters (Lauren & Sierra) sound awesome I wish I was on Disney or famous I love to sing and dance

13. blackdog1339

iam your biggest fan i like when yhuu was on ur new show like how yhuu did it ahtt the end wen yhuu singing they was doing the same thing that yhuu was doing i like that

14. kittenflying8

i watch her on disney channel! she should be on the radio. i dont know if she is or not. i just really like her music.

15. kalen

girl you be doin your thang on that show girl keep doin you and don’t let the money and fame make you forget about the ones you love

16. purplebulldog378

I Love China Ann McClain … She Is My Favorite Singer Out Of The Girls . I Want To Meet Her Sometimes She Is Very Very Good And A Great Singer!!

17. angelanthena282

Can’t wait to watch it.I’m a big fan.I’m also a big fan of the great person who came before her.It must be Whitney
    Houston.(;

18. Kelly

hey girl we are almost the same we can both play the piano, violin,and we can both sing!!! only you are 14 and i’m 11. YOU ROCK!!

19. vanillabrownie9

ilove your shows china ever sience u became famous i’ve been better at the gautair by watching you your the best
    love your
    fan

20. Samantha

I love your shows and know what i watch your show every day. I have the whole series of A.N.T farm taped. tell your Partners Sierra Jake Stefanie and the guy who plays your brother that i am a big fan of them too.I wish i can be on your show. Bye China

21. purpleheart246

china ann mcclain is an amazing singer and believes in what she thinks is write. this episode is really an inspiring eposode. its really nice and its really insiring. i think she sings great and is a great actor. lets all follow in her foot steps and make the world a better place.

22. Kelcee

I`m black and i love Febuary.
    Febuary is a time to celabrate
    Martin luther king jr.
    I love ant farm.
    Watching that episode was
    awsome.

23. BLOODHOUNDBULLDOG369

WE BOTH PERSECUTED WE WERE IN THIS CONTRY AND PUT IN SLAVERY IN THIS CONTRY 200 YEARS WE WERE IN ASTRUGLE WE ROSE UP

24. artblue851

good idea china you are just a good singer you have nice voice and you can do it I like your voice china glad to see this. A.N.T FARM IS JUST ON A ROCK.

1. hamsterhamster209

ithink that china anne mcclain is a great influence on my life.i also love her character chyna on ant farm, and one more think i really enjoyed her being on house of payne and hope that she stay on the show.

25. bluebird4505

ALL I CAN SAY IS HI! I LOVE TO SING AND DANCE IM GONNA BE ON AMERICAN IDOL ONE DAY I LOVE YOU CHINA.
    PS.IM A GIRL

26. aquabloodhound507

I can’t wait to see the episode and I love that their honering african-american history month.China Anne Mclain said that on Disney channel.

27. Abigail

OMG! I LOVE WATCHING DISNEY CHANNEL!!! IT IS SO AWESOME AND I CAN’T WAIT TILL THAT EPISODE COMES OUT! THIS IS SUCH A AWESOME WEBSITE TOO! I LIKE THE EPISODE WHERE OLIVE PRETENDS TO LOSE HER MEMORY

28. emeraldglad7

This is honestly the best contribute made by ANT farm! Think Miss. Mclain has a good goal.
    Happy Black history month!

29. eeriegirls

i love ant farm and china is just a great singer for her age. i can not wait till that episode comes Netflix. china is a great high spirited loving kind of girl. i just love her

30. Brenda

Hello China Anne McClain.You are a great actor on ant farm.I like your partners they are funny.You are a great influeANT.I you know what I mean.I’m in the 3rd grade,I’m 9 years old,and the only thing that matters to me is my family.If you read this I hope your cast know about it to.Because it is about the show.And I’d be glad if you started a profile on scholastic.

31. jgal101

not normally a huge ANT Farm person but i actually want to see this episode. BTW I’m Jewish, and Jews have been through a lot too. And yet u dont see anyone dedicating a month to Jewish HIstory. Why’s that?

32. Emma

Wow! Can’t wait to see this episode! Big fan! Great job China, Sierra, Jake, and Stephanie! Big fan!
    P.S. I <3 The Hunger Games!!!