January 4, 2013

2013 Kids Movie Preview

Posted by at 1:14 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities | Permalink

PopcornMovies to look for in 2013!

A new year brings new resolutions, new boy bands, new American Idol winners, and of course. . . new movies! There are a ton of cool movies coming out in 2013 from sequels, to remakes, to concert movies. So grab your popcorn and take a look. . .

Oz the Great and Powerful (March 8): Disney’s retelling of The Wizard of Oz. It stars James Franco (from Spiderman) and tells how he started as a small-time circus magician, and became the great Wizard of Oz.

Epic (May 24): A teenager finds herself transported to a deep forest setting where a battle between the forces of good and the forces of evil is taking place. She bands together with a rag-tag group characters in order to save their world — and ours.

Monsters University (June): Find out how Mike and Sully met in college, at The University of Fear. Kind of like the prequel to Monsters Inc.

Despicable Me 2 (June): Gru’s nemesis kidnaps his minions? Say it ain’t so!

The Lone Ranger (July): Disney’s spin on the old western TV show stars Johnny Depp as Tonto. Let’s hope it’s as deliciously kooky as Pirates of the Caribbean!

The Smurfs 2 (July): Gargamel has kidnapped Smurfette and it’s up the Smurfs to get her back. Throw in a little adventure to Paris and new villains called “The Naughties,” and you’ve got genuine goofiness.

One Direction Concert Movie (August): 1D in 3D! Just when you think the summer is depressingly almost over – the One Direction movie! I dare you to say it’s not going to be a blockbuster.

Percy Jackson and The Sea of Monsters (August): Percy looks for the Golden Fleece in the Sea of Monsters to save Camp Half Blood. Say that fast five times!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth (November). Rowley’s parents hire a replacement best friend for Greg, and Greg posts pictures on the internet trying to convince people he has a fun life? We can only hope the movie hits these storylines!

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2: Revenge of the Leftovers (September): The machine still operates, and is creating mutant food beasts. Living pickles and Shrimp-anzees anyone? Flint and his crew must save the world again.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (November): Awesome. Need I say more?

What movies are you guys psyched to see in 2013? Give us a shout in the Comments below!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. nightseeker1

Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and The Lone Ranger sound like amazing movies. I can’t wait to see them.

2. Brianna

I can not wait until Despicable Me 2 comes out! That is one of my all time favorite movies. Catchng Fire is also on my must see list!

3. wonderfullywanderingalone

I can’t wait to see Catching Fire and Percy Jackson. I hope they turn out to be awesome.

4. Grace

Can’t wait for…well…ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! I love everything that is showing!!!!!!!!!!! BEST DAY E V E R ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

5. Lexi

Too Bad Shiver Won’t Be A movie…Maggie and the director had a problem with diffrent thoughts.
    Yeah! Can’t Wait till despicable me, Monsters university and percy jackson two!!!!
    : ) bouncing4joyrightnow!
    <333333

6. Bailey

I want to see Monster university a.k.a monster inc. Despicable Me 2 The Smurfs 2 and last but not least…. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2!!! P.S. The 1D movie WILL NOT be a blockbuster movie [at least not to me it will not!!!]

7. loveniallhoran

OMD!!! A ONE DIRECTION MOVIE? I’M FLIPPIN’! The SEA OF MONSTERS WITH PERCY JACKSON? I am so flippin’ again!!!

8. Sai

[yawn] check this out get good grades dont get refferles be a good student in school and always help earth by recycleing.

9. Future Mrs. Malik

i cant wait! ALL MAH GEEKINES IS EXPLODING! 1D AND PJ AND CATCHING FIRE AND CWCM! AHHHHH IMA GO HYPERVENTILATE NOW…

10. Cheerfulaqua180

OMG!!!!!! I cant belive CATCHING FIRE (i knew:) ) THE SEA OF MONSTERS I LOVE THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES!!!!:):):):):):)

11. Dragonwolf235

Can’t wait for Catching Fire,Oz the Great and Powerful,Monsters University and Diary Of A wimpy Kid. I’m not really a One Direction fan though.

12. elfheroine1

Haha, ya’ll totally forgot that Star Wars Episode II and Episode III, are gonna be in theaters in 3D at the end of the year! PLUS the next Hobbit movie!!!!!!!
    What a great year for a geek like me!

13. the funky chunky monkey

Me and my aunt Becky are the biggest fans of wizard of Oz so we are so going to see Oz great and powerful. Hunger games 2 is going to be full of acting and I can’t wate to see it also.

14. ambergigantic7

I’m so siked to see every last movie that was listed. Me and my family like to catch up on stuff so…you know where that goes. XD

15. ambergigantic7

I dont know which one to start at! Want to see everyhing and read everything! 2013 is bigger and better.

16. Maxine

I so can’t wait until Percy Jackson it is almost better than Harry Potter! OH and the Hunger Games should be awesome i have read all the books.

17. ARTISTICPUPPY18

OMG OMG!!!!!! I am SO seeing Despicable Me 2!!!!!!!!!! It is going to be AWESOME! Also Monsters University!!!!!And THE UGLY TRUTH!!!!!And Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2!!! I just have a question. Why are they making some of these movies NOW?

18. Katniss Everdeen

CATCHING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANNOT AT ALL WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11/22/13!!!!!!!!!!!!