December 19, 2012

The Mysterious Benedict Society Readalikes

Posted by at 3:52 am in Reads | Permalink

Mysteriousbs-bus_130The Mysterious Benedict Society
Readalikes

You know when you find an amazing book, and you never want it to end? How do you find another book to read after that? Our answer: Readalikes to the rescue! We hope our Readalikes will rescue you from the what-to-read-next question, and help you find lots of new amazing books.

Today's Readalikes are for The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. When 11-year-old Reynie answers this ad in the newspaper ("Are you a gifted child looking for special opportunities?"), he has no idea of the adventures he is about to get into. He and 3 other kids pass a series of strange tests that admit them into the Mysterious Benedict Society. That's when their lives start getting strange!

There are 4 books in The Mysterious Benedict Society series. If you have read them all and want more "special opportunities," then read these other books for ages 8-11 about clever children involved in strange and secret adventures. Click on the book cover below to see more Mysterious Benedict Society Readalike books you might also love.

Mysteriousbs-house

Hope you enjoy our Readalikes!

—Jen, Scholastic Booktalker

1. purple pandas

I think this book is SO awesome! It is for everybody who isn’t neceserily smart but just thinks! I totally recommend it!

2. Juniper

I really enjoyed the first installment in the Mysterious Benidict Society series. I am currently reading the second book; A Perilous Journey. For those of you who are looking forward to reading these or have tried but cannot get into it, my best advice is to give it a try even if you think you are not going to like it. In my opinion the deeper into the story you get, the faster the story moves along. There are many twists and turns in store for you, that is if you do read it. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did. Best wishes.

3. dancingjalepeno

I love this book! I would definately recommend it! I also love…
    -All the Wrong Questions: Who Could That Be At This Hour (Lemony Snicket)
    -The Apothecary (Maile Maloy)
    -Sisters Grimm (Michael Buckley)
    -Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (James Patterson)
    **Note: The Maximum Ride series is more for kids 12 and up!**
    -Tunnels (Rodrick Gordon & Brian Williams)
    -Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (JK Rowling)
    -The Name of This Book is Secret (Pseudonymous Bosch)
    -Ruby Red (Kerstin Gier)
    **Again, probably for 12 and up**
    Most of these are just really awesome books, not necessarily having anything to do with MBS… :)

4. elfheroine1

Oh if you like The Series Of Unfortunate Events (like me :O) and The Mysterious Benedict Society, than ya’ll should read Snicket’s newest, All The Wrong Questions: Who Could That Be At This Hour?
    It’s so awesome!

5. Maria

The Mysterious Benedict Society is one of the best series ever!! I’m totally checking out some of the readalikes!!!
    Thanks for posting them!!!!

6. Lollipop

Oh my gosh! Who ever has not read these books should! They’re so amazing! The mystery is sooo different than other books. Another good series is the “Series of Unfortunate Events.” There is 13 books in that series and there is still extra. I think you should read both of these books, if you love to read, and you love suspense.

7. Jhorror526

does ANYBODY ever see their own comments? is this site just old news that’s been dumped? WHAT’S GOING ON HERE???!!!

8. FAT ALBERT!

HEY HEY HEY I’M FAT ALBERT! I’m gonna sing a song or two… Bill’s gonna show you a thing or two.. We’ll have fun, me and all the gang! Workin’ together that’s how we do our thang!