December 23, 2012

2012 Person of the Year!

Posted by at 11:00 am in News, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writing_prompt_generic2012 PERSON OF THE YEAR!

Time Magazine has their Person of the Year, and now presenting the first ever . . . STACKS Person of the Year!

Tell us the person OR group of people that have had the biggest impact in YOUR world this year. Just write your nomination in the Comments below. The nominee who gets the most comments by December 31st will be named STACKS Person of the Year. We’ll announce the winner on New Year’s Day.

You can go serious, silly, or somewhere in between. President Obama, One Direction, The Fierce Five Olympians, Taylor Swift . . . You get the idea.
We can’t wait to see who you nominate.

Come back on New Year’s Day for the 2012 STACKS Person of the Year Winner!

Happy Happy!

—Ratha, STACKS Writer

1. beetlecatching83

ONE DIRECTION
    THEY HAVE MADE A BIG IMPACT AND PLAY MUSIC THAT INSPIRE AND ENTERTAIN.
    THIS BAND HAS MADE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
    ALSO TAYLOR SWIFT BECAUSE SOMETIMES HER MUSIC WILL BRING ME BACK UP OFF MY FEET WHEN IM HURT BY A GUY THAT I HAVE A CRUSH ON..

2. orangeivory12

I LOVE ONE DIRECTION!!!! they have a big impact on my life! their music is very good and i think they should win

3. Logan(:

One Direction. I know they aren’t a big educational sponsor. Or they aren’t maybe the ones I should be focusing on. But the way they smile, makes you want to smile. Their music shines bright onto the world, and they just made me realize that I CAN do whatever I set my mind too. I understand alot of people see them as just a boyband but I see more. I see 5 talented young men who just want to make people happy, and pure. 2012 was a good year, I made friends, but I lost friends. I had good dreams but the dreams were crushed in reality. So good and bad came from One Direction but most of all I made 5 of the most coolest people in the world. So to sum it up, One Direction is the 5 darling people that made my life a better place.

4. purple pandas

I have a lot of people who are important in my life! Most of them are authors and song writers but this time I have someone that you would least expect . . . my third grade teacher! She is so awesome!

5. Autumunleprechaun1

Homeless people becuase when we want to get food what do we do we turn on the stove or drive to a place. They have to hold up a cardboard board begging for food. Just stop and look in there eyes the sadness the empyt stomachs and hearts. They must feel bad while someone stares at them and then drives away. Just wonder.

6. RyGuy

I think that homeless people should win. Because when its cold out we throw on a sweater and when we need food we turn on the oven or drive somewhere. What do homeless people do the hold up a sign for days asking begging for food. You know how I realized this, I looked in the eyes of the man smiling as I handed him a dollar. A dollar! Think about it.

7. the #1 commenter

I nominate Gabby Douglas! She is very sweet and caring and a real inspiration for me and so many other people! She also promotes fitness and other things that make the people in America better! I think Gabby Douglas should be the 2012 Person of the Year! Thanks, and go gabby!

8. lexi

I nominate josh hutcherson aka peeta from the hunger games hes a-w-e-s-o-m-e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOV U JOSH<3 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

9. greenelf73

Go fierce five they rock I think they are great gymnasts.
    Also as I said before Taylor Swift she has inspired me in so many different ways.

10. ghostblue21

Hey, Melanie, I totally agree with you! Rick Riordan is the best author in the universe!! I vote for him, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I have read all of the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus books (at least all of the ones that are out so far) and I love them!!

11. awesomeperson1234567890

ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Mariah

Definitely J.K Rowling! She is my hero! She gave me more things to dream about and the inspiration of becoming an author! Love you Rowling!

13. readingenthusiatic9

I would niminate my language arts teacher right now. She is such an inspiration! I love her and she is teaching me so much! :)

14. Thalia Grace

I nominate Percy Jackson. I mean he saved the world for crying out loud. (Spoiler) He also fell in to the tartrus so he woun’dt lose Annabeth the person he only had a memorie of after Hera erases his memorie(Spoiler). That is a great idea for me. GO Percy Jackson fans

15. Martha

I’m sorry, but I’m not a Mitt Romney supporter. I would nominate Michelle Obama. She’s worked really hard to do this MyPlate healthy-eating movement.

16. Kittenkrazy8

President Obama! I think he is an amazing, inspirational leader! Also, as I said before, Taylor Swift because her songs are inspirational and she’s such a talented musician!!

17. artisticat73

i would nominate ONE DIRECTION! they have made a big impact on my life because its the first time i was really involved in a band and really liked the way that they would sing it showed off a diferent side of me as a person. one direction has changed my life and how i view things i love you one D !

18. spellingfaith

I think Michelle Obama should be the Person of the Year for 2012.She started the “Let’s Move” program to help kids exercise more.

19. Indescribeableauthor3

I nominate Demi Lovato as person of the year. She is sweet, caring, and an amazing person. Demi Lovato is my role model and she is such an inspiration.

20. bearaqua871

i woud definetly vote for one direction!!!!!!!!!!!I love all of thier songs!!!and the person i like is the one with the curly hair.they are all awesome.

21. chattyangel42

I’m voting for One Direction XD. They’re all so talented and nice! I think they should be nominated because they’ve gotten really popular this year and they deserve to win something similar to Stacks Person of the Year :) .

22. Caroline

Either Taylor Swift (total Swiftie!), One Direction (Directioner here!), or Mitt Romney. Taylor Swift because she’s really inspirational and is very good role model for girls. One Direction because they’re just simply downright AMAZING! Mitt because I think he really cares about our country and had such great ideas.

23. harrypotterisbeast

I nominate my teachers at my old school from where I graduated earlier this spring. They taught me so much and since it was like a K-12 school I’ve been with them for years and I’ll definitely say they had a huge impact on me especially this year.
    ~harrypotterisbeast (because, obviously, he is)

24. gamecrazy20

sorry guys that was my sisters thing but i forgot to type mine in i nominate mitt romney cuz I think he would have lead us to a better country

25. bluebird4505

i would definetly vote for mitt romney he is the best person in the world like hes nice smart and dresses awesomely MY FAMLIY LOVES YOU MITT ROMNEY!ANY BODY ELSE THAT LIKES MITT ROMNEY ADD ME AS A FRIEND